Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Need help on forum categories

adnan71

affiliate
Hi all

On my forum Directory Junction Forums

The sub-forums don't appear correctly.

If u look at the homepage where it says DJ Search Engines, that appears good, but if u click on the DJ Search Engines link,

DJ Search Engines - Directory Junction Forums

over here the forums are just lined from top to bottom, and not neatly organized.

I think it should be like this

Search Engines Forum

anybody know how to do that.

I think I've set it up right on my admin cp.

thx

If I understand what you are referring to correctly, there is nothing wrong with your forum, its displaying the way vB displays out of the box.
I think DP has used css to customise their forum to give the current look and fell with their own unique theme, I think you need to customise yours too.

Ahh, I think I know what you mean.... , you need to go to forum manage from your control panel, modify the forum that is to host the sub forum and enter custom html code to arrange the sub forums.

Hope my explanation makes sense

Sort of, I'm very new to vbulletin.

So the type of setup u have is not standard in vbulletin?

I would think it's standard, cause if u go to my homepage, the sub forums are all neatly packed.

I contacted vbulletin support, but I think Yahoo email is filtering out emails which have the url vBulletin® - Instant Community in it.

This is wacky, for a little while I didn't know what was going on, cause I must of done the lost password thing like 10 times, & never got a reply.

Experiment if u have a yahoo email

write an email to yourself

in the body have something like

vBulletin® - Instant Community

it doesn't get delivered.

Ok, back to the subject, let me think on how to put the words for a few mins, so its easy to understand.

Ok, 'Sub Forums are not displayed within their parent forum container' I guess is concise.

On the homepage they are, but on category pages they are not.

Proably a glitch in their email system.

btw, do u understand what I'm trying to do?

Just get the sub forums to appear nicely in their parent forum containers. Not only just on the homepage but category pages too.

Does your forum use some special type of hack to do that or is it built in?

This one is appearing correctly as well.

This is what i mean

The Insurance, Insurance, Money & HYIP sub forums are in the parent forum finance.

I wonder if it has something to do with how your sub forums were created, maybe you should play around a bit with various ways or creating sub forum and see which method comes our right

Yea, I think that's what I should do.

I'm gonna play around with the acp & learn how to use this thing.

It's probably in there somewhere.

thx for your feedback.

take care

Actually I am having a hard time having my sub forums to appear the way the Op stated...I can't find the option to do that...I should also ask at vB maybe they have a hack for it.

MI
Back