The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Nativeads and offer questions?

schleprock

Some stats/info, they are probably not important:
I am tracking my nativeads activity (using ClickMagic) for today and it says I received 56 clicks, Nativeads said I had 97 clicks. So there is a sizable discrepancy. Of those clicks to my article (whether it is 56 or 97) 21 clicked on the hoplink in my article. No one bought anything, so 0 conversions for me.

At nativeads I started at 0.25 per click, than dropped it to about 0.17 and just now put it down to 0.10 to see what the volume does.
My ads are getting abysmal CTR from nativeads, about 0.12%. So no one is clicking on the ads. It may be because of the size. I think they run 100x150 images. (I will see if they have anything larger)

Another thing, their widget ID is working but the "top referrer" reporting is not. So I cannot tell where my ads are being shown. (hopefully, that function is only temporarily off line. Otherwise how will I optimize)

This is my article:
http://ragingalcoholic.com/stop-drinking-alcohol/

Can someone tell me what they think is going on? Why am I getting no conversions?
  • Does my article suck?
  • The rehab industry spends millions convincing people they need to be hospitalized, am I fighting a battle I cannot win?
  • Do the visitors just need more time to warm up to the idea? Do they need to see it a couple of times to believe it?
Does anyone see any obvious flaws or have any ideas on how I can make this better?
  1. (I don't know why that 1 is here, it wont go away, please disregard it)

How about publishers? What type of sites should I be appearing on? (I don't know what my referrers are yet but is there a type of referrer/publisher I should go after with this sort of offer?

My offer pays out $39 so I need to make sales somewhere below that. So far that has not happened. People do read my article and travel to the video landing page (Video created by ClickBank offerror) but they do not buy.

Thanks for considering this offer

Edit:
    150x100 image size is pretty small, isn't it. You think that is the CTR problem?
    Does OutBrain have larger ads? I think the 150x100 is too small.
2nd Edit:
Google has a display network I might try advertising on. But they have no ability to remarket to my audience (drug problems are not eligible for remarketing on Google). Bing has no display network but I can remarket there.

I have tried search advertising on both Google and Bing and not done well, but my bids were low, so the volume was not there to make any statistically significant decisions. People advertising for inpatient rehab can pay far more for my KWs then I can. Their payouts are 10 or even 15 times higher than mine. A 2 minute rehab phone call is probably worth $400 through a network and perhaps more if you work for a facility directly.

Anyway, do you think I am advertising in the right place? And who should I be targeting?

I see my audience as people who have a drug problem, and they know they do, but they are looking for a way to avoid abstinence. they want to address their problem but they don't want the nuclear option because it is not that bad yet.
Or
I see their family looking into addiction because they want to help their loved ones. They want to understand and be ready when their "drunk" is ready.

Advertising venues:

I tend to think I should be advertising on sites that are something like the physical worlds "National Enquirer".
Or in general interests sites.

Anyway, anything you can tell me to help make this better would be appreciated.

Last edited:
banners
Back