The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

My journey to financial independence with niche websites

eaglehorn

affiliate
Hey all, I have been a member on this forum for some time now, I have read that newbie guide, some case studies here, but never took action. So finally I decided that it is time to stop being lazy and start working hard. So my goal for now is to move from my parents house and start living on my own(I am 23 years old already). To accomplish this goal I need to make at least 50$/day. I am student at the moment and have no income at all.

What I`ve done already: bought 3 com domains, different niche each(online radio, cars on auctions and fitness niche), purchased hostgator hosting and pointed all domains to hostgator nameservers. Today I have worked with online radio website only(installed wordpress, good looking theme, some plugins (all in one seo and xml site maps), wrote two good quality articles(at least I think that they are good quality:D). Websites will be monetized with adsense and cpa(I am member on maxbounty network, but maybe there are better ones for newbie?)

Goal for this week: set up all 3 websites with at least 10 articles each.

If you think that I am doing something wrong or have any suggestions, don`t be shy and write them here:)

Currently I don`t know much about seo(need to learn a lot). But I will try to add quality content and then start building backlinks manually. Not sure if this is good strategy. Any suggestions?

everything depends on your keyword competition. Backlinks is a must.
There is no difference you will build backlinks manually or with some tool - meaning automatic.
Most important part is to know how many and in what way to build them. :)

As affmen said "Backlinks is a must.", a few modest tips from me:
Try to build backlinks also from high PR sites which
relate to your topics.
I noticed, this off-page optimization (one can call it also "marketing")
is nowadays more important for Google than the old on-page SEO.

and a few on-page tips:
- the title should begin with the main keyword
- a good article length is 600 - 700 words
- the keyword-density should be 2 - 5 %
- begin the article with the keyword
- headlines in three different sizes [= H1, H2, H3 - title tags]
(keyword in it, or better begin the headline with the keyword)
- one time different fonts for the keyword (bold, italic, underline)
- insert a picture with the keyword as title [= ALT tag]
- one external link to a high PR and for the keyword relevant site
(with the keyword as the anchor)
- a few internal links (from article to article, the keyword as anchor)

With these few points you will have a good on-page optimization,
but as I mentioned above, on-page SEO is no more as important for Google as it has been.

In my opinion, nowadays Google observes more what is coming from outside to a site
(clicks, views, traffic, comments, posts, Likes, backlinks, social bookmarks etc.)
So Google lets evaluate sites more by real human beings than by crawlers.

That is what I observed, but this is not a dogma, I am also open and grateful for other opinions :)

I think you should PLAN first.. Well, I think you already done that.
And also the KEYWORD RESEARCH thing.
if not, do it.
Know your battles, before going inside the war :)

@ Marc - definitely agree with this statement about more important factor is backlinks nowadays.
Some quality backlinks is a must and also some crap backlinks is a must.
Also one very important point what is misunderstand from most of SEOers. That google relate on social networks a lot. And if you do not have twitter and facebook account you can not rank HIGH. This is totally bulshit. Because not all sites need social signals. And i have tested one of my sites and when i had facebook page then i could not rank higher than 3 page of google, but then i deleted facebook page and did not changed anything other and my page is on first page ;)

Basically what i wanted to tell is if page is for business then facebook un twitter account is a must. If you have example forum then facebook and twitter is not that important. :)

Good luck on your journey. There is a plethora of information on the web that will assist you. The most important aspect to becoming successful is work ethics. Establish good work ethics and everything else will start coming together.

Pro Tip - If it costs $97.00 then it's a load of crap. Stay away from ebooks from the "pros", they'll just cost you drive space.

As affmen said "Backlinks is a must.", a few modest tips from me:
Try to build backlinks also from high PR sites which
relate to your topics.
I noticed, this off-page optimization (one can call it also "marketing")
is nowadays more important for Google than the old on-page SEO.

and a few on-page tips:
- the title should begin with the main keyword
- a good article length is 600 - 700 words
- the keyword-density should be 2 - 5 %
- begin the article with the keyword
- headlines in three different sizes [= H1, H2, H3 - title tags]
(keyword in it, or better begin the headline with the keyword)
- one time different fonts for the keyword (bold, italic, underline)
- insert a picture with the keyword as title [= ALT tag]
- one external link to a high PR and for the keyword relevant site
(with the keyword as the anchor)
- a few internal links (from article to article, the keyword as anchor)

With these few points you will have a good on-page optimization,
but as I mentioned above, on-page SEO is no more as important for Google as it has been.

In my opinion, nowadays Google observes more what is coming from outside to a site
(clicks, views, traffic, comments, posts, Likes, backlinks, social bookmarks etc.)
So Google lets evaluate sites more by real human beings than by crawlers.

That is what I observed, but this is not a dogma, I am also open and grateful for other opinions :)

Those were some of the best tips which every person who is setting up the website should take care of.

Of course, if you plan to make use of the paid traffic route then much of the optimization jargon is not so important. I think the most important thing is to give the visitor what he wants quickly and easily. An element of engagement on your site will help a lot to reduce the bounce rate which in turn will help you to rank higher in the search engine.

Search engines are getting smarter these days and any sleek method to rank higher will eventually stop working.

Moreover, if a site is new it will take quite some time to rank higher. If you think that your CPA offer can break even with the cost of paid traffic and make some profit then that is a better option. Also, you can put up a simple opt-in form and build subscriber base as well.

everything depends on your keyword competition. Backlinks is a must.
There is no difference you will build backlinks manually or with some tool - meaning automatic.
Most important part is to know how many and in what way to build them. :)

There is huge difference when you are building links automatically and manually.

MI
Back