The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

My Funny Social Media Marketing Casestudy for the day

DennisKnows

Get your fix Ninja!
I don't have much info to give on this case study but I guarantee you'll laugh..

I decided to try some Facebook advertising for some CPA offers. I 3 $50 vouchers and was super excited that I had a $150 to test Facebook with.

Well that excitement soon faded; but I'm still very much in high spirits. Takes more than this to shake me.. LOL..

As you may know, using vouchers that are for new accounts can be a B****.

First Try

The first one got wasted because it just so happened the credit card I used for the new account I've used before.

After chalking up the loss and focusing on what I had left, I decided to setup a my next account; in which I'm using fake names. I don't know what everyone else is doing but I'm done doing that and i'll tell you why.

2nd Try

I used a new paypal account to get my Ads account squared away. Entered my Voucher number and BOOM. It got accepted. $50 BABY!!

Well while doing some research on my ads I as going to run, I started liking fan pages.

I'm guessing I liked too many. Facebook automatically logged me out and told me I needed to submit a number. Well they never sent my code to me and said I asked for too many codes to activate my phone and that I needed to wait until later. Waited 7 hours and still nothing..

3rd Try

Now I've learned to make sure i used a new paypal account and not to like fan pages.

Long story short, my voucher got accepted once again and I create 4 ads taking a total of 2 to 3 hours.

You'd think Mark Zuckerburg had it in for me because as soon (and I mean as soon) as I finished my setting up my ads, Facebook logged me out and said that I needed to submit an ID showing that I am who I say I am.

Of course I can't do that because I used a fake name but now I'm thinking DARN IT! I just wasted another $50..

BUT NO...

How about I'm actually getting traffic from my campaigns but I can't optimize them at all. It's not much though. Yesterday, I got like 20 clicks & today I got like 4. Facebook won't let me login or do anything with that account.

What's even worse is I haven't gotten any conversions. :(

Moral of this story

If you're going to use vouchers for new accounts, KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING because it can easily be a waste of money.

Also, don't use fake names because I get the strong feeling that Facebook doesn't like that.

Now I'm thinking I better delete the paypal account I used for that Ad campaign because I'm almost sure Facebook will be more than happy to keep it running not allowing me to stop it.

They better not because I know how to get them but I will keep that to myself because it's not nice at all.. :D

Have you had a similar Facebook ads experience?

And did you find that funny because I sure did...

Yea it's money wasted but for a good cause I guess..

Thanks for reading..
Dennis

Renew your IP, use a proxy and use PVA accounts :)

better luck next time mate!

Phone Verified Account, ask in the marketplace and you can pick them up for about $2 an account!

What? Man i wish i would known before I bought those vouchers. LOL. Had to find out the hard way.

Are they 100% safe to put payment info on? Im guessing I just need to change password and thats it right?

And I noticed you said change my IP. K I have an app for my Mac called hide my IP. Do you think that's sufficient (hidemyip.com) or is there another way marketers use..

how many clicks will that $50 can acquire? if ever successful ad posting is made? just curious if investing into facebook really worth it

You are incredible Dennis. How could you be so positive with loss? And you managed to laugh at it. Well, I guess you'll just have to charge that one to experience, right? :)

I'm using my own account to do FB ads, I wonder how risky it will be for me to lose my account.
Stay within TOS and you will never have anything to worry about....i was reading in an affiliate group on Facebook a well known super affiliate saying his people bank 5 figures a day without cloaking and on their own profiles! Just build it up slow!

Stay within TOS and you will never have anything to worry about....i was reading in an affiliate group on Facebook a well known super affiliate saying his people bank 5 figures a day without cloaking and on their own profiles! Just build it up slow!
Thanks K, glad to know that!

MI
Back