The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

My first tiny victory..

auroretan

affiliate
So I got my first my conversion after spending $60. No big deal but its a glimpse of light for me to the end of the tunnel.

I have been learning intensely for the last 2 months.. To be honest, initially it was intense, I feel like a whale drowning in the ocean of information.. Then I found affiliatefix, it's indeed the best free affiliate marketing forum right now. The basic guide give me an idea of how the process of AM works. Also I found some great friends and mentors here.

I especially wanna thank djcrunk for his advice n tips. You cannot give up too early! It's not big $$ I'm losing but it kind of sucks to be losing $60 for 5days and see no result.
It wasn't just the $$, let me share a little of what I went through:

Waited for network approvals for about 1 week. When they finally approved, I start talking to the AMs, some response, some just entertain you. Then I was stucked with tracking for 3days.. asked for help from traffic source or AMs, no one seems to reply. I keep re reading instructions, hoping somehow I would be enlighten.. to no avail.. Thankfully djcrunk help me out on this, I didn't fully understand but somehow manage to set it up.

Then when I finally set it up, did some banners for a campaign for the whole day, waited the whole night for traffic source to approve but the traffic source decided to reject my ads as 'misleading' due to the 'excalmation mark' sign. I redo all the banners for another hour or so.. They rejected all again despite following all their instructions carefully, so I gave up and tried other offers..

Then an offer I decided to run suddenly couldn't work, I have to wait for my AM's reply. Only to realise the offer was paused. So I have to choose another offer again. By now I just tired of thinking too much. I just choose 3-4offers I want to run and just prepare them. So.. finally after all the dragging, waiting for offer approval etc, I have tested about 10offers now. Spent $60 and got my first conversion.

To me its an affirmation like "ok, Affiiiate Marketing is not a scam", and its achievable with a lot of patience and willingness to learn techie stuff (which is not that hard at the end of the day).

To be honest, I'm very sure there's many thing I still do wrong, like my tracking is still messed up, I don't really understand what the data is really telling me. But it's ok.
At Least I started somewhere.

In all the mess I created, I'm beginning to get more understanding slowly. It maybe 1% learning a day or 5%. Doesn't matter, KEEP LEARNING AND TESTING.

Don't give up fellow beginners.
Don't give up even before you spend some $ and try!
Keep on keeping on.

and accidental double click, so I have to post some useful, I guess :)
When you are and affiliate, it will be a great "plus" you are also familiar with the merchant's side. In this regard I would recommend the book "Affiliate Program Management: An Hour a Day" by Evgenii Prussakov.
It helped me out a lot.

Last edited:
MI
Back