The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

My first PPC campaign. Story and questions

lexxx

affiliate
At first, I want to say "thank you VERY much" to Luke and K for making it possible for me to start my first campaign. Thank you K for a forum and great newbie guide and thank you Luke for approving me at PeerFly and great tutorials about 7Search.

So my story. I started with e-mail offers at peerfly and chose 7search as traffic source because they're newbie friendly and first deposit can be as low as $25.
At first, I tried some top offers like iPhone and iPad and they did really bad for me. To have traffic for these offers you should pay expensive clicks. Then I tried some adult dating offers - not good at all. And offers which worked well for me were NEW offers with no any data on CR or EPC. I just chose landings I like and started my campaigns at 7search.

So, after spending my first $25 at 7search I have $18.3 at PeerFly account. And I think it's not the worst result. I rthink that it's good, because more than half of my budget I spent with almost no convertions. Other part of it were spent with positive ROI and I really believe that my second deposit of $25 to 7search will be more successful.

So for now I need some advices from PROs.
I have more than 10 campaigns running at the same time at 7search and I don't even have 100 clicks a day. Is it OK to run 20-30 campaigns at the same time?
How many clicks do you drive to offer to understand if it converts or not? I'm interested in your opinion about "email/zip submit" offers with about $1,5 payout.

The fact that you spend 25 bucks but you made $18.3 means that you did something RIGHT.

Did you pause the keywords that didn't convert but keep the keywords that did? You didn't just let the campaigns run until your money ran out without optimizing and tweaking, did you?

The fact that you spend 25 bucks but you made $18.3 means that you did something RIGHT.

Did you pause the keywords that didn't convert but keep the keywords that did? You didn't just let the campaigns run until your money ran out without optimizing and tweaking, did you?
Yes. I was stopping keywords which had lot's of clicks and no convertions and adding new campaigns with new offers. I think I have some right thoughts about how to profit but I'm not happy with the amount of traffic I receive and this is a BIG problem for me. I don't really understand how to get about 500 clicks a day to one offer.

you ever think about using MSN Adcenter? I can PM you a copy of the notes I was given back when I was being mentored. It'll show you how to get set up. MSN doesn't care about things like direct linking and the like.... As far as I remember, they don't have a minimum on how much you can throw at a campaign, either.

Now, as far as getting like 500 clicks and such, lol that's something I'm gonna leave to the ACTUAL experts to answer. My answer would be more keywords and maybe some domain bidding. But that may not be right. Matter of fact, it may be flat out wrong....

First of all, these results are GOOOD!
The first step is to make money even if it's NOT a profit - i usually spend $100-$200 to make a profit and then its all about scaling!

So $25 is nothing man if you have the money to test - pump some more cash into it with the same terms blocking all those that don't convert and add a some more - keep tracking it and then configure your results by repeating!

If you spend $50 and hit a positive ROI thats GREAT MAN!

Then you can scale up = DO NOT QUIT AT THE FIRST HURDLE!

Also read some of Luke's 7search posts in this forum!

you ever think about using MSN Adcenter? I can PM you a copy of the notes I was given back when I was being mentored. It'll show you how to get set up. MSN doesn't care about things like direct linking and the like.... As far as I remember, they don't have a minimum on how much you can throw at a campaign, either.

Please, PM me these notes. I hope they're much advertiser friendly than google. :)

... i usually spend $100-$200 to make a profit and then its all about scaling!
K, how many offers are you running at the same time using one source of traffic? I was spending my $25 at 7search for more than a week and was running about 10 different offers at the same time. So, I guess, where is something wrong. May be I should run 50+ compaigns?

The problem is that 7search does not get much traffic. Very common keywords like "Facebook", "Music", "Games", etc can give you 500 and more clicks a day without any problem. But others get very low traffic. I got one offer that makes double that I spend, but I can't get clicks on my ads because there is no traffic coming on that keyword. It's not Adwords or Facebook that have millions of people behind.

You can run 20-30 campaigns same time if you think you will be able to control them.

Also, you can add related keywords. It worked for me and increased traffic. You need to guess that people who search related keyword will like your primary keyword. For example, if you are driving traffic for "Orange", you might also try "tangerine" keyword. I'm sure you are doing this for very similar keywords, but try to go for slightly different keywords. Fortunately 7Search starts driving traffic fast, so you can test fast what works and not.

Just one sugestion: Deposit more than 25$ because as may know, campaigns don't last forever. They will eventually decline/give you different results. So it's best IMO to run a campaign that is giving you consistent data without pausing it.

besides that, are you increasing the bid on the profitable ones? Increase the bids slowly, and if you see it get's your profit down use your previous bid. The same should apply for low converting keywords: if you are paying 5 cents and it's giving you a negative ROI, there's always a chance that if you bring it down some cents at a time, that keyword would give you more profit, you never know.

K, how many offers are you running at the same time using one source of traffic? I was spending my $25 at 7search for more than a week and was running about 10 different offers at the same time. So, I guess, where is something wrong. May be I should run 50+ compaigns?

Sorry this may have been taken wrong - i usually spend that when i set out to earn via PPC meaning on more than one campaign - i ditch the bad ones and scale up the good ones. However if bidding on competitive keywords $200 isn't much for testing if you hit gold!

banners
Back