The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

My first PPC and IM campaign ever - Support much needed

shakazul

affiliate
Hey guys,

I've just joined the forums. This is my introductory post: http://www.cpafix.com/showthread.php/1024-Greetings-from-Dutchieland.

My intentions for doing IM and CPA marketing come from being a Business Administration student with a passion for entrepreneurship. I currently run multiple ventures in the dance music industry, however as these are experiencing strong growth I'd be simply stupid not to reinvest our profits. That's when I realized I needed to find an alternative income and stumbled across CPA marketing.

I've spent the last few days researching CPA and it seems that I feel that PPC / PPC marketing would suit me best. The 'Newbie 411' guide and (http://www.cpafix.com/showthread.php/438-Totally-Free-Vid-How-I-Banked-100-in-my-First-3-days-w-CPA) have been of much help.

I've just signed up with Peerfly and activated my Google Adwords account. I've also tried signing up for 7Search, however for some reason it won't let me past the initial step of the sign-up fase (Enter username / full name etc.). Will take a few days before I'm ready to roll as there was a queue of 750 for the Peerfly sign-up.

The first technique I wanted to apply on my first campaign would be the following:

----------------

1) Find high conversion offer.
- 15% or more conversion (Email / Zip offers).
- Find something with high EPC.

2) Find a promotion with a good landing page.
- Good graphics.
- 50-100 words or more.
- Link to privacy policy & general terms/rules.
- Good call to action.

3) Find keywords using Google's Keyword tool.
- Search 15+ specific niche keywords that apply to the promotion.
- Filter search to geolocation of offer, mostly USA.
- Order search results by 'Aprox. Cost per Click', 'Global Monthly Searches' and 'Local Monthly Searches'.
- Sort for lowest 'Approx. cost per click', <$1.
- Make a selection of around 150 keywords based on which are the cheapest per click and most applicable to the promotion. Additionally I'll obviously pick out the results that clearly have a relatively higher reach.
- Export to Excel file for AdWords.

4) Advertise on Google Adwords.
- Import previously made Excel.
- Run campaign by either paying for individual keywords or for the complete campaign. (Suggestions anyone?)
- Filter for 'Low CPC bid' with a max of $0.15 per keyword.
(Intention should be to mostly show up on Google's display network. The ads would show up more frequently on niche-specific sites than on the general Google search page.)

---------------

Once the set-up process of Peerfly is complete I intend to start right away. I figured I'd start off with investing 100$ and distributing these 50%/50% on 2 different campaigns.

The blueprint for this campaign was the video by Noah which I've posted a link to at the start of this post.

If anyone has any tips, guidelines or critique that I could help me improve this campaign you would help me greatly.

Regards,

Shak

If i'm being honest with you i wouldn't touch adwords, to many people have now had their accounts deleted due to affiliate marketing on there. So stick to 7search then once its profitable go somewhere bigger. Id also stick to an offer that not many people will e targeting for example if you pick a iPad submit, 1000's of people will be bidding for top keywords and your ROI will be awful! Pick an unlikely offer, ask Luke at peer fly what he suggests you use with 7search and then get support at 7search to help you pick some keywords. You must also get some tracking software to see what keywords convert.

Take a look at this 7search Guide.

Good luck.

Hey K,

Thanks for the response. I've heard multiple warnings about Adwords.

I've just found a 75,00E voucher for promotional credit and will now call their support in order to inquire about whether I could direct link to promotional offers. If I could then there could be no harm in trying with the promotional credit right?

I'll also have to study 7Search before I start using it. Is 7Search by far the best PPC search engine? Are there other alternatives?

- Shak

Hey K,

I've just found a 75,00E voucher for promotional credit and will now call their support in order to inquire about whether I could direct link to promotional offers. If I could then there could be no harm in trying with the promotional credit right?

I'll also have to study 7Search before I start using it. Is 7Search by far the best PPC search engine? Are there other alternatives?

- Shak

Sure call them, if its free money you have nothing really to lose you may get away with it for now.

NO 7search isn't by far the best PPC platform BUT it is one of the best i feel for learning the ropes, due to it being newbie friendly and it doesn't require a big deposit to start with, others such as TrafficVance and LeadImpact have minimum deposits of $1000 so id advice using something like 7search, POF or even Facebook until you learn your way around the basics of PPC and tracking then when you have successful campaigns move them onto the big boys for better traffic etc!

Hey K,

- Shak

I'm curious what will happen when you place direct link to your CPA offer on AdWords. It's not impossible, because I've already seen AdWords ads linking to CPA offer page, but as we know Google constantly changes AdWords LP policy. I'm one of the burned guys and my account was suspended, so I think that K is right - AdWords is a big spoon for beginner's mouth. There is much to learn with them.

Anyways, I'll be happy to know your results...
Wish you Success!

Like most of the posts above I would also suggest 7search for learning the ropes. If you look around you'll often find a 7search promotion going on which will give you free credit against what you spend.

My advice if you use 7search is to find targeted keywords and frequently optimize your campaigns by getting rid of the non-performing keywords. Peerfly's Luke has a couple of great posts on his blog describing the finer details of setting up a 7search campaign

We appreciate the positive feedback guys! If any of your readers have questions about 7search, feel free to DM me here. I'll be happy to help!

Regards,

Cleo
7searchGuys

I'm curious what will happen when you place direct link to your CPA offer on AdWords. It's not impossible, because I've already seen AdWords ads linking to CPA offer page, but as we know Google constantly changes AdWords LP policy. I'm one of the burned guys and my account was suspended, so I think that K is right - AdWords is a big spoon for beginner's mouth. There is much to learn with them.

Anyways, I'll be happy to know your results...
Wish you Success!

Thanks BgTrix. You guys were indeed right, Google Adwords does not allow direct linking. Not even through Iframed links.

Like most of the posts above I would also suggest 7search for learning the ropes. If you look around you'll often find a 7search promotion going on which will give you free credit against what you spend.

My advice if you use 7search is to find targeted keywords and frequently optimize your campaigns by getting rid of the non-performing keywords. Peerfly's Luke has a couple of great posts on his blog describing the finer details of setting up a 7search campaign

Hey Perry, thanks for your advice. I have recently started my first Facebook CPA campaign and have already made my first few bucks. Testing to reach positive ROI now and have also gotten a 7Search account started with Luke's coupons. Will follow his guides!

Thanks and will keep you posted.

Shak

Take it from me I have lost 3 AdWords accounts and one day something's okay then next it's not! And if they disapprove your ad's twice they suspend your account! Do not have the account affiliated with a GMail or YouTube account that you can not afford to loose!

MI
Back