The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

My First Mobile Journey (India + Adsbridge + Mobicow)

xyzabc

I am starting my first Mobile Marketing Journey with

1. MobiCow

As startapp apparently does not likes my offer neither cares to explain me what I can do to get it approved, I am here switching to mobicow. It has really active support at skype . So would be using it.

2. MobIdea , Adscendmedia
(Have a CPI offer for India)
Using as of now, reason being adscendmedia is allowing the popup traffic. read later posts.

3. Adsbridge
(Had a free plan and great interface, Would upgrade once I start hitting limits)
(It comes out that its best to use adsbridge inbuilt landing page maker instead of my own self hosted solutions for beginning as everything else will have speed issues and are much technical things. Which I believe can be used later.)

4. DigitalOcean VPS
5. Amazon CDN

Update 1: I changed from hostwinds vps to DigitalOcean as earlier was much slow , not fit for landing pages I think. Digital Ocean feels pretty fast and with Amazon CDN it would do great I believe.

Update 2: Startapp has some deep problems. My tracking link is working absolutely fine when I try it on my android phone in India. But Startapp guys are using some shit vpn or so , they are telling me that the tracking is directing to some shit places and not my offer app or landing page. They have rejected my campaign 4 times and now more than 24 hours they are also not replying to my support request! I think I would change the traffic source if they do not respond.

Last edited:
Good luck. Added to watched threads, since I also consider using startapp as traffic source.

Here's a tip I heard from cashmoneyaffiliate, he recommends Startapp for promoting SOI (single optin offers) and PIN submit sweepstakes.

LE: and my observations here would be:
PROs:
you can target users by installed apps (you can enter up to 500 apps)
you can target OS versions (like 2.3 and above)
CONs:
daily budget is quite high in my opinion, it must be at least 1000x your CPC, so for a $0.02 CPC, you'll need $20 daily budget. Probably it's not that much, but if you consider using another traffic source in parallel, like domain/pop/redirect, then will burn through your budget pretty quick

Update 2: Startapp has some deep problems. My tracking link is working absolutely fine when I try it on my android phone in India. But Startapp guys are using some shit vpn or so , they are telling me that the tracking is directing to some shit places and not my offer app or landing page. They have rejected my campaign 4 times and now more than 24 hours they are also not replying to my support request! I think I would change the traffic source if they do not respond.
Add a rule in your tracker, if the user is not from india take them directly to the google play link and not through your affiliate link.
Mobidea or any CPA network as a matter of fact tries to monetize all the traffic by sending to them top performing offer for the country the visitor is in if he doesn't fall under the criteria for the offer your trying to promote.

Some networks have an option to disable geo redirect also. Try getting in touch with your AM.

@Mobidea can help here?

Add a rule in your tracker, if the user is not from india take them directly to the google play link and not through your affiliate link.
Mobidea or any CPA network as a matter of fact tries to monetize all the traffic by sending to them top performing offer for the country the visitor is in if he doesn't fall under the criteria for the offer your trying to promote.

Some networks have an option to disable geo redirect also. Try getting in touch with your AM.

@Mobidea can help here?
Ok I have set that up that anything other than android and India goes directly to Google play store . Lets see what happens this time. Else I will go with mobicow.

Update: Now I have made a campaign at mobicow. And waiting for Approval. Also for time being switched from MobIdea to Adscendmedia , reason being the offer at mobidea does not allows popunders and popups while the one at adscendmedia does. Although the payout is lower in adscendmedia but as traffic of popup popunder is cheap I believe it will make it . let's see.

Update: Mobicow has approved my campaign and traffic has started. Now let the show begin :) Would keep everything updated here.

These were the 3 landing pages I have been testing.. No Conversions yet.
hxbwBli.png

Okay as I notice while normally my landing pages are getting 2.98% Click Through . Traffic from two specific SiteIds was giving 0% or 0.04% Click through.
So I have blocked those two SiteIDs from giving me more traffic.

What I believe is this could be because of multiple popups or some

banners
Back