The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

guidone1983

affiliate
Hello,
Like many newbies I have spent way too much time reading forums & authority blogs and never took action.

Recently, I signed up with Peerfly, MaxBounty and ClickBank. I also established a 50onRed and TrafficVance account. In terms of education, I completed a CPA course on Udemy.

I am finally taking action and launching my first CPA campaign on Peerfly. I figured I would start a ride along to share the journey and what I learn along the way. I hope this will motivate others.

At this point, I have built a landing page on instapage. I signed up for a 45 day free trial and found the product fairly straight forward and easy to use. It took me about 2 hours to build the page but I also spent time learning the software. I would imagine once proficient with the software, the process should become much quicker.

I had banners built through Bannersnack. I am sure there are more cost effective options. But, the first versions of the ads came back great. I am having the designer make one small tweak and I hope to have the final ads back soon.

I plan to use Facebook as my first traffic source. I created a new page simply so I can advertise. I began to build the campaign just to practice and see if questions would come up.

I reached out to my AM to see if he could ask the client for conversion data around demographics. I received a reply with a little direction but not extremely helpful.

Once I have my creatives back I will launch the campaign on Facebook. Wish me luck! I hope to have my first conversion back soon and some good findings to share with the community.
-Brian

Last edited:
IMO Facebook traffic is expensive over the time and the volume of traffic over the cost is not effective for you to gain a picture what's going on over the CPA. You should try popup traffic, or redirect.

#game333. Thank you for the feedback. Would an example of pop traffic be 50onRed? Correct me if I'm wrong but redirecting isn't a traffic source. It's basically a form of cloaking, is that right?

Last edited:
POF is a great way to learn and they are affiliate friendly. You'll learn to zero in on your targeting. How to use a self serve platform. Get a kick out of what ads do and don't get approved due to your photos having a chick with big knockers, ect. Set budgets. You name it. You'll have to buy and account from somebody because they don't allow newbies anymore. However they parodoxically are very newbie friendly.

#game333. Thank you for the feedback. Would an example of pop traffic be 50onRed? Correct, if I am wrong by redirecting isn't a traffic source. It's basically a form of cloaking, is that right?
50 on red is PPV - pop ups are generated by adware.
Pops are pop ups/unders that are generated by a javascript code.
I think he meant domain navigation traffic or redirect traffic like Zeropark, DNTX, etc

Hello,
I received my creatives back with the requested changes. I think they look great but we'll see how they do. I built my campaign and it was rejected by facebook because their automatic review system thought I violated the Advertising Policy. I immediately appealed and they subsequently approved my ads. I then noticed I accidentally used my old creatives. Whoops.

I swamped out the creatives and the campaign was rejected again. I appealed and I am waiting to hear back from them to approve my ads. I know they will it's just a matter of time. I'm growing impatient because I am eager to launch my first campaign!

I will update once my ads are approved and my campaign is up and running.

#internalsoul thank you for your interest.
-Brian

Hello,
My ads were approved by facebook and I have launched a few different campaigns targeting 3 different Geo's. The geo data was provided by the client. I started conservative with only $5.00 a day on each campaign and very low bids. I'll monitor daily and if I don't receive an ample amount of traffic, I'll increase the bids.

I also plan to familiarize myself with Pop traffic and consider rolling out a campaign on 50onRed. This way I will have 2 traffic sources to compare and it will also force me to start learning and understanding different advertising platforms.

I will update when I have some traffic to review.
Brian

Back with another update. I just built and launched a Pops campaign on 50onRed. I tried to be thorough with the targeting on keywords and domains. Hope to have some traffic come him from Social and Pops soon.

You're on 50OnRed? I'm not familiar with that platform.
But to me to test the price of the traffic, or stock, or forex, or whatever.
I will do this, split into 10 campaign let's say.

Campaign 1 bid $0.0001
Campaign 2 bid $0.0002
Campaign 3 bid $0.0004
$0.0006

50OnRed won't ban you for creating these much campaign.

Hello,
Yes, 50onRed. With my limited experience it seems to be a good platform in terms of user experience. It's very simple and easy to build campaigns.

Thank you for sharing your model. I have been starting small, reviewing and bumping up the bids when there is little to no traffic. But, your model would actually determine the correct bids faster. Thanks for sharing.

I have been tweaking the Facebook campaigns for the last week. I have mostly been Manipulating Geo and Bids. Unfortunately I haven't received a conversion. My plan was spend to spend twice the conversion commission in testing. I was hoping 1 of the campaigns would have converted. As of now, I have 8 different campaigns for different Geo's and three creatives per campaign. I played with the bids daily to ensure I didn't overspend. I spent $68.00 and received 108 clicks at an average CPC of .63.

I thought with the demographic data I had, 8 different Geo's and three different angles in terms of ads that I would be able to produce conversions. Maybe my Lander wasn't good enough or I should have 2 from the start. I have paused the campaign. I'm bummed it didn't convert but excited I learned a lot of valuable lessons. I now have access to a tool for landing pages, I have a resource for ad creatives and I gained experience running facebook campaigns. I also initially setup Pop traffic but then realized the offer didn't allow for this type of traffic. I immediately paused the campaign but I went through the process of building a 50onRed campaign. It forced me to conduct keyword and domain research and to familiarize myself with the platform. In summary, no conversions for my first attempt but many valuable lessons were learned. I'll remain persistent and launch another campaign soon.

guidone1983 your CPC is little high. So i think you should reconsider and start from scratch with new angles and creatives. May be you should one new landers with your new angles and make people more engaging.

I have been reviewing new niches and offers. I have decided to target a different niche but I am going to list build this time. My approach will be to create an email marketing funnel using Aweber. I am going to send the subscribers quality content. Each email will have a link to a short video pertaining to the niche. Every so often one of the videos will have a product review and the email will have my affiliate link to the product.

At this point, I have picked a niche, identified several offers, wrote the script for the intro video and ordered the intro video. I am in the process of writing the scripts for the other videos. Once I have reviewed the intro video, I will order more. In parallel, I need to work on landing pages and setting up traffic sources.

I'll update this thread right after I have my first video back to review. Wish me luck!
-Brian

I have been reviewing new niches and offers. I have decided to target a different niche but I am going to list build this time. My approach will be to create an email marketing funnel using Aweber. I am going to send the subscribers quality content. Each email will have a link to a short video pertaining to the niche. Every so often one of the videos will have a product review and the email will have my affiliate link to the product.

At this point, I have picked a niche, identified several offers, wrote the script for the intro video and ordered the intro video. I am in the process of writing the scripts for the other videos. Once I have reviewed the intro video, I will order more. In parallel, I need to work on landing pages and setting up traffic sources.

I'll update this thread right after I have my first video back to review. Wish me luck!
-Brian

Sounds like a reasonable plan.

I received my intro video back and it's great. I am very pleased with the quality. I wrote the script for 9 other videos. 1 is a product review for a offer I am going to promote. I am going to proof read the content and order the 9 videos tomorrow. While waiting for the videos I will build the "follow up series" in Aweber and get to work on some Landers. Keeping things moving!

I received my intro video back and it's great. I am very pleased with the quality. I wrote the script for 9 other videos. 1 is a product review for a offer I am going to promote. I am going to proof read the content and order the 9 videos tomorrow. While waiting for the videos I will build the "follow up series" in Aweber and get to work on some Landers. Keeping things moving!

Why don't you use periscope as well?

banners
Back