The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Gold My CPA Journey - trying to reach $100/day profit

can you please share about targets. Like 50onred are you using root domains or full url targets ? Which is working best ?
Generally i go for root domain and keywords. Full url targets doesn't give me enough traffic. I also use variations of the root domain like domain.com and Domain Name Registration and Web Hosting | Domain.com etc. When i have enough data to optimize, then the first thing i do is to block negative, non-converting domains by checking my data using domain variable. If you are targeting root domain, then you will find that there are many domains like members.domain.com/aff.domain.com etc etc which i block from my campaign setting on 50onred. So i just block them and carry on with my optimization. Just to remind you, 50onred is more expensive.

Generally i go for root domain and keywords. Full url targets doesn't give me enough traffic. I also use variations of the root domain like domain.com and Domain Name Registration and Web Hosting | Domain.com etc. When i have enough data to optimize, then the first thing i do is to block negative, non-converting domains by checking my data using domain variable. If you are targeting root domain, then you will find that there are many domains like members.domain.com/aff.domain.com etc etc which i block from my campaign setting on 50onred. So i just block them and carry on with my optimization. Just to remind you, 50onred is more expensive.
Yeah thats the problem, 50onred is hell expensive, If i add a root domain it eat my budget. Are you able to get any profit from 50onred ?

Yeah thats the problem, 50onred is hell expensive, If i add a root domain it eat my budget. Are you able to get any profit from 50onred ?
Yeah i did. And i still do. Here is a post from my journal for your encouragement. Gold - My CPA Journey - trying to reach $100/day profit | Page 4 | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

If you never test it, you will never know what's right and what's wrong. You need to spend money to gather data, so think it that and try to learn from that. At first i was afraid too to lose too much money but i let it go and concentrated more on gathering data , trying to understand and optimize accordingly. Hope that helps.

Hi nice journey... what range for CPM would you recommend someone bid/pay... for an offer like the one you used on your first campaign whose payout was $0.56

or how do you determine the cpm you would bid/pay when testing an offer

Hi nice journey... what range for CPM would you recommend someone bid/pay... for an offer like the one you used on your first campaign whose payout was $0.56

or how do you determine the cpm you would bid/pay when testing an offer

That's a tier 3 country which i was promoting and that's the reason the payout was $0.56. When it comes to tier 3 countries, the bids are quite low as the competition is quite low. I went for a CPM ads with a CPM bid range from .05 to .13 but always made sure my banner CTR is high enough along with my conversion ratio, so that i ended up with positive ROI. When i am going for CPM ads, the main thing which bothers is the the banner CTR.

Great journey, really like it. There is much to learn here. Keep up the good work.

Glad you liked it.

Hi internalsoul.

Congrats for your journey.

I gotta say this is probably the longest I've ever read something non-stop, without any breaks, here on affiliatefix, although I've read other journeys and tutorials as well, but this one felt like the best and most inspiring, honestly (and I've read quite a few, no ofense for the other journey thread starters).

I've read your full journey and I have some questions (sorry if it's something I missed):

1) when you say at the beginning at your thread you're testing banners and LP, by LP you mean the LP offered by the CPA network, or you create your LP first, then send the visitors to the cpa offer? You said for Campaign 1 you created 10 LP. How does this work? You send traffic to your LP, from your LP how to the users get to offer page? They click something to go there, or you get their email address and have a follow-up sequence?

2) Could you share the cpa network(s) used? (in post 17 you show your October stats and I see MundoMedia brought you the most income, is this the network you used for Campaign 1?) And after you stopped that campaign, are you still using MundoMedia now when you invest 3k/month?

3) The screenshots from your post #44 are from cpvlab or voluum? What option did you chose finally? You mentioned something about staying with voluum if you start mobile offers also.

Gold - My CPA Journey - trying to reach $100/day profit | Page 3 | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

4) Also, did you consider using prosper202? I've heard that these 3 are the best tools for tracking.

5) Also, any updates on the journey for June? I saw you paused the mobile journey, so I guess you're now either focusing on the campaigns you presented here in this thread or you're working on your membership site?

6) Looking at your journey, I see you followed this path:

• started with CPM banner advertising
  • gathered data to find out what works and what not
  • then you moved to PPV and used both 50onred and LI
  • you had the same ROI with both of them, but you say 50onred is more expensive, so I guess it's best to use it only when you already have a campaign that works well and not start testing from 0 with them, right?

I'm new to this, I mean I never ran any PPC campaign or purchased PPV or banner traffic, so I'm starting at 0 or even -1 lol :)

Do you recommend me to start as well, with CPM banners first, then go for PPV?

Thanks again for this great journey

Hi internalsoul.

Congrats for your journey.

I gotta say this is probably the longest I've ever read something non-stop, without any breaks, here on affiliatefix, although I've read other journeys and tutorials as well, but this one felt like the best and most inspiring, honestly (and I've read quite a few, no ofense for the other journey thread starters).

I've read your full journey and I have some questions (sorry if it's something I missed):

1) when you say at the beginning at your thread you're testing banners and LP, by LP you mean the LP offered by the CPA network, or you create your LP first, then send the visitors to the cpa offer? You said for Campaign 1 you created 10 LP. How does this work? You send traffic to your LP, from your LP how to the users get to offer page? They click something to go there, or you get their email address and have a follow-up sequence?

2) Could you share the cpa network(s) used? (in post 17 you show your October stats and I see MundoMedia brought you the most income, is this the network you used for Campaign 1?) And after you stopped that campaign, are you still using MundoMedia now when you invest 3k/month?

3) The screenshots from your post #44 are from cpvlab or voluum? What option did you chose finally? You mentioned something about staying with voluum if you start mobile offers also.

Gold - My CPA Journey - trying to reach $100/day profit | Page 3 | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

4) Also, did you consider using prosper202? I've heard that these 3 are the best tools for tracking.

5) Also, any updates on the journey for June? I saw you paused the mobile journey, so I guess you're now either focusing on the campaigns you presented here in this thread or you're working on your membership site?

• you had the same ROI with both of them, but you say 50onred is more expensive, so I guess it's best to use it only when you already have a campaign that works well and not start testing from 0 with them, right?

I'm new to this, I mean I never ran any PPC campaign or purchased PPV or banner traffic, so I'm starting at 0 or even -1 lol :)

Thanks again for this great journey

I am really glad that you liked my journal. It wasn't a easy one. I did failed at my mobile journal but have plans to resume it later. I will answer all your queries accordingly.

1:-

Ans:- By LP i meant Landing page. I call Offer landing page as Offer page. Sometimes some offers have one landing page and sometimes multiple landing page. So its offer page for me. Yeah i got a sample of the landing from this forum and i did mentioned and pointed that on my case-study post. But i know a little bit of HTML now. Learned it while modifying the landing page i got and modify it according to my need. Yeah, i sent all the traffic to the landing page (all 10 of them) and from there visitors clicked and went to offer page. The flow is very simple
Visitors ---> Landingpage -----> Offerpage ------> conversions/leads

I just redirected the visitors from my landing page to offerpage. I didn't intend to gather email address. So there was no follow of sequence.

2:-

Ans:- I have used many network but mundomedia is the network which has helped to get started. I always believe that the success of an affiliate with a CPA network always depends on his/her AM. If you get all the help you need from your AM then you can go a long way. List of networks i work with.
1. MundoMedia (My AM invited me to join this network)
2. Maxbounty (Started working with them lately after my AM is replaced)
3. Societyinvite (Private network and invite only. The company's name is now changed to monsterads)
4. Clickdealer
5. Adsimilis (Recently joined and i am already in love with this network)

Yes mundomedia was the network where i made most of the money when i started this journal. Few of the campaigns shown on this journal ended last month. So i ran them for a long time. I use all the 5 networks i have mentioned here.

3:-

Ans:- The screenshot you mentioned is taken from voluum. I am still using voluum as it provides quite real time accurate data and i don't have to bother myself to get a vps and i can also track mobile campaigns with it. Now they have added the feature of updating cost which saves a lot of time. I don't have to use my spreedsheet for CPM campaigns. To track CPM campaigns with 100% accuracy, you can use my spreadsheet i have provided here.

Excel Spreadsheet For Tracking & Optimizing CPM Campaigns | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

4:-

Ans:- I have used prosper202 earlier, cpvlab too but i am sticking to voluum as i think it provides the most accurate data. That's my personal preference, opinion and experience. You can test them all and stick with what you think is meeting your needs.

5:-

Ans:- I am not updating this journal as i am focusing on lot of stuffs along with personal coaching. Mobile journal was paused long time ago, before creating this journal. Right now i am working on my campaigns, learning pay per call by myself though much information is not available so i have to test it all by myself, working on my membership site cum blog and preparing materials for members before i make the site live and start posting new posts and do have some new students for one-on-one coaching. So i am barely left with any time.
Here is link to my site :- Affiliate Ninja Club | Where Affiliates Creates History (no posts yet, only pages and working on the social media pages.)

6:-

• Yes, i started with CPM banner advertisement. Based on my offer i had to choose that kind of advertisement.
  • Yeah at first you need to buy data. Very few campaigns are profitable right off the bat. So you need data to optimize. One single conversion will motivate you to keep going and when you have enough data, you can optimize your campaign to +ve ROI campaign. Then keep testing new angles and new variations.
  • Yeah i did and i did optimized both of the campaigns a lot.
  • I am staying away from 50onred now as the traffic quality has gone down the hill lately and is way too expensive than any other PPV network.

Reading is not enough, the biggest thing in affiliate marketing is to take action and that's the first thing i have learned from affiliatefix forum. The second thing i have learned from this forum is that successful campaigns aren't created with luck, its done with hard work and experience. Everybody has to start at some point of time. So never hesitate to get your feet wet, get down and measure the depth of the water by yourself. Try, test and stick with whatever is working for you. Don't give up easily. Things learned the hard way are never forgotten and always bear fruit of great sweetness and the satisfaction achieved is priceless. Nomatter what traffic source you are choosing, you always have to work from zero. If one thing is working well on one traffic source then it doesn't always mean that it will work the same on other traffic source. So its better to start from zero and optimize along the way. You will learn a lot.

I hope i have replied to all your queries. If i have missed any don't hesitate to ask. Best of luck and have a nice day. :)

awesome journey thank you for sharing with us have learnt something at least

Thanks man. Glad you liked it and learned something. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for your answer. I really appreciate it. I know you've got a lot going on and taking the time to answer all my questions is really nice. Now I'll head over to your blog and read some more :)

Hi Internal Soul, I am a newbie in affiliate marketing, any tips on how to go about? I have applied for MaxBounty.
Yes, go through all the case studies/guides and tutorials, follow along journal and success stories. Pick the type of cpa offers you will interested and then go for it. Choosing the type of cpa offers (mobile/web/pay per call) and the right vertical is very important. Last but not the least, learn and take action.

MI
Back