The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

My Bing Follow Along

tom804

Okay this is my first follow along using Bing Ads. I typically only run this offer from 8 AM to 12 AM EST. I started this campaign with about 100 or so keywords. I ended up narrowing it down to five. With these five keywords I set two as broad match modified and the other three to exact match. This is the first time I've done a follow along so please don't hesitate to comment or ask questions.

Campaign A

Traffic Source: Bing
Affiliate Network: Above All Offers
Landing Page: Yes (Built using OptimizePress)
Tracking: None
Offer Payout:
$17.00

UC9g3d7.png

Okay here's an update.

So Bing is showing two clicks on my ad but no clicks shown on Above All Offers end. Long story they never even made it to offer page which means they viewed my lander but I lost them there at some point.

exrSsT4.png

Made a few slight changes to my landing page such as moving the call to action from the bottom to mid section of the page. Played around with the wording in the sub headline as well.

Received one more click on the only keyword that's getting me clicks. I've now decided to expand it out a little bit by adding a different variation on the same keyword and changing the match type to exact.

I've also noticed I made a huge error in my sub-headline.

oY2tFce.png

Grammar truly matters especially in headlines, sub-headlines, titles, etc. IMO if a line of text is to stand out on its own. It has to flow and read properly.

Last edited:
Okay ladies and gentlemen i'm back for another update. Sorry I didn't post yesterday(4-19-15)but I had other things to tend to. All I really did was make a few changes to my campaign settings and touch up my ad and landing page a bit. Here are my results from Bing's end. On the network's end only three clicks made it to the actual offer page.

93Dts3J.png

That explains the cost per click.

Are you doing desktop, mobile, or both?

Are your landers home made, or professionally done.

Are you split testing landing pages and direct links?

If they are getting to the lander and it isn't converting, it may be your creative angle isn't connecting them to the angle and hook properly. Could be a copy writing issue.

That explains the cost per click.

Are you doing desktop, mobile, or both?

Are your landers home made, or professionally done.

Are you split testing landing pages and direct links?

If they are getting to the lander and it isn't converting, it may be your creative angle isn't connecting them to the angle and hook properly. Could be a copy writing issue.

I'm targeting only desktop however with Bing and their recent UDT changes I know i'm probably getting some tablet traffic as well. I'm using one lander built with OptimizePress (actually an older version I purchased a year or two ago). I did direct link for like a day but quickly started using a lander because the offer lander is horrible.

Your exactly right about the hook/angle. I had to make the ad copy flow to my lander and into the offer. I'll post my results from today's testing maybe in a few hours.

However I do have a question. As you can see I don't have many keywords so i'm not getting much volume. My question is how does one go about finding keywords? I feel that right now I just threw shit up against a wall and it happened to stick.

I did the same actually but I only picked out 10 long-tail keywords and dl to an offer and just started narrowing it down. Not my ideal strategy but I just wanted to throw something at the wall since i'm just learning right now. I only have 1 keyword that is "performing" after running about 3 days. Not much to show but figured i'd throw in my 2 cents since I'm following this thread. Keep it up!
Screen Shot 2015-04-21 at 3.20.09 AM.png

@ August Hansen LOL looks like where both in the same boat. Starting my campaign up again. Let's see what happens.

Hy.
If you do not use Tracking how do you know which keywords convert?
Why not use and less competitive keywords?
Landing page is like a review or just a few words and a picture or video?
Offer is SOI OR DOI?
Here's an article that can help reduce the visits on the tablet.
Good luck. I'll be watchin

Hy.
If you do not use Tracking how do you know which keywords convert?
Why not use and less competitive keywords?
Landing page is like a review or just a few words and a picture or video?
Offer is SOI OR DOI?
Here's an article that can help reduce the visits on the tablet.
Good luck. I'll be watchin

Well since I haven't been tracking I've been only going through my network to see which actual clicks have converted. I sort of have an idea of which keywords convert because I only have a few keywords and from within Bing I can see the ones that actually obtain a lot of clicks (Basically i'm making an educated guess). As for keywords I'm still learning the whole keyword research process (I'm not using any tools). But what I did for this campaign was merely type my root keyword into the search engine and went with whatever populated as a suggestion and built new keywords upon those results. My lander is just a few words, pictures and a decent ad copy. The offer itself is a short form DOI. Thanks for the offer i'm going to take a look.

Here's my results from 4/21/15. This was my sons birthday so I wasn't able to post it day of. I would like to also add that Bing had to be having issues yesterday. I noticed that from 8 am until 1 pm I had only received 1 impression. I tried to contact them via chat and I noticed I was 8th in queue. I also spoke with a few other people and they also mentioned getting far less traffic than usual.

958DYjT.png

I just realized that I haven't been including my daily ad spend or profits but here it is for the 4/21/15.

My total ad spend for the day was $6.96
My profit was $16.00

Will post today's results later this evening.

I'm calling it an evening. Played around with tracking alot and changed a few items on the backend to start tracking with Voluum.

oAr2O7c.png

Spent: $6.73
Conversions: 0

Oh well back at it tomorrow. :)

Okay started things off at 8:00 AM EST. Does anyone know how to setup Voluum to show CPC adjustments automatically for bids in Bing? I really don't want to have to keep changing it manually.

SHOOT!!!! Just noticed my links from the lander to the offer page are broken. Will have to fix when I get home. Could have sworn they were working last night.

MI
Back