The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Must You Still Position Keywords In The First Paragraph?

Smithee

affiliate
Lately there's been a lot of talk about creating quality content, writing solely for your audience and so on. However for SEO purposes, must you whilst creating the quality content [which everyone wants created] also ensure you have the keywords you want to rank for in the first paragraph of your article?

It's not a must but from my experience it does help. This isn't the most scientific method, but I've noticed I get more visitors from search engines if I do place my keywords in the title and the first paragraph of the text. You should do a similar experiment and see what works for you. Even if you do have to put them in the first paragraph it's usually not that difficult to make it seem natural.

Well certainly it is not a must, but I think that if there ever was some truth to it then there probably still is. I am not familiar with any real research or stats on the matter but it would just make sense that it is the best way to go. Just studying journalism and writing will tell you to be concise and clear and spell everything out right away, and there is no better place for that then the first paragraph.

It's not a must but from my experience it does help. This isn't the most scientific method, but I've noticed I get more visitors from search engines if I do place my keywords in the title and the first paragraph of the text. You should do a similar experiment and see what works for you. Even if you do have to put them in the first paragraph it's usually not that difficult to make it seem natural.

I agree with you

URL
Title Tag
Title/headings in the artcile
Link out too

these carry good value, a lot of value.. I would suggest keywords be used evenly through out the page and the article be of 1k - 2k words with pics and deep explanations.

Needless to say the article should be based on research and must have loads of insights. Just blah blah won't help anyone.

banners
Back