The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Monetizing a site

kurajiskas

affiliate
I have an idea for creating a site and driving traffic to it. I would like to test the idea, and in the process create some small passive income of it is successful. My problem is I do not know the various methods to monetize a site. Initially my plan is to use Adsense, but I keep reading stories of how people are getting banned from their Adsense accounts for no reason.

I guess my question has several parts.

If I am able to create a page that draws traffic what methods are best suited to monetize the site?

If Adsense is not reliable what other alternatives are there?

Can multiple ad sources be used on the same site? For example can Adsense and another form of advertising be used on the same blog?

This is a very small project that I am hoping to can earn me $5.00 daily. I want to use it as a learning project as well as a small source of trickle income. Any help would be appreciated.

Depending on the topic of the site you can put CPA offers on it by utilizing banner space, maybe contextual adverts, adsense as you mentioned, content lock?

There are plenty of ways to go about it :)

Good luck!

For example can Adsense and another form of advertising be used on the same blog?
That exactly is the sore point with AdSense.

If you register at AdSense, you will have G's crawlers all the time on your site :p G will notice, that your are running an aff site with different sources for ads on it. G doesn't like this - and then the problems with AdSense will begin ...

So I recommend you not to use AdSense in combination wiith other ads. AdSense either exclusively, or not AdSense :)

If you register at AdSense, you will have G's crawlers all the time on your site :p G will notice, that your are running an aff site with different sources for ads on it. G doesn't like this - and then the problems with AdSense will begin ...

So I recommend you not to use AdSense in combination wiith other ads. AdSense either exclusively, or not AdSense :)

Thank you for the answer. I was beginning to think no one would respond. I have not been having great luck on forums.

Depending on the topic of the site you can put CPA offers on it by utilizing banner space, maybe contextual adverts, adsense as you mentioned, content lock?

There are plenty of ways to go about it :)

Good luck!

I'll have to look up contextual adverts, and content lock...thanks for the help!

Great point by Marc there!

Not a problem, as I said depending on what sort of site you are running both could be beneficial to helping you monetize.

Of course, the main thing being from the outlay that you don't want to bombard you users with adverts when you are trying to build traffic.

I was beginning to think no one would respond. I have not been having great luck on forums.
But Andy and I, we were not tooooo late, only three days delay - there are worse things on the w³ :rolleyes:

I'll have to look up contextual adverts, and content lock...thanks for the help!
sounds good :) I again thought about AdSense, and tbh, I never would use it again, because of G's crawlers.
Without it you'll simply have more freedom for your site, also what concerns ads for adult.
I know people who even shy away from installing social buttons along with g+ on the same site.
The big G always postulates the freedom of the Internet, but about their own products they jealously guard ...

How much traffic are you getting ?
How many unique visitors per day? Per month?

How much traffic are you getting ?
How many unique visitors per day? Per month?

Zero and Zero as I have not created the site(s) in question. I am trying to develop a rudimentary business plan and simply wished to know what methods of monetization might be used.

I'm going to have to disagree with this. I don't think that adsense and affiliate links are a bad combination at all.

In fact I think adsense can compliment your affiliate income quite nicely if the site is right.

Many of my sites have both adsense and affiliate links and have done so for years and I've never once come close to getting banned from adsense.

Furthermore you'll see examples of this all over the web. Take a look at sites like ThisIsWhyImBroke.com or DudeIWantThat.com for example. Both of these sites are HEAVILY monetized with both adsense and affiliate links and they both get a tonne of traffic and do really well in the search engines.

If I was you I wouldn't even worry about being banned from adsense and I'd just go for it. It's an extremely small chance that you would get banned and it usually only happens to people that are doing stuff like clicking their own ads or setting up super obvious MFAs (made for adsense) type sites.

As long as your site has unique content and isn't just pure spam you should be totally fine.

I'm going to have to disagree with this. I don't think that adsense and affiliate links are a bad combination at all.

In fact I think adsense can compliment your affiliate income quite nicely if the site is right.

Many of my sites have both adsense and affiliate links and have done so for years and I've never once come close to getting banned from adsense.

Furthermore you'll see examples of this all over the web. Take a look at sites like ThisIsWhyImBroke.com or DudeIWantThat.com for example. Both of these sites are HEAVILY monetized with both adsense and affiliate links and they both get a tonne of traffic and do really well in the search engines.

If I was you I wouldn't even worry about being banned from adsense and I'd just go for it. It's an extremely small chance that you would get banned and it usually only happens to people that are doing stuff like clicking their own ads or setting up super obvious MFAs (made for adsense) type sites.

As long as your site has unique content and isn't just pure spam you should be totally fine.

Thanks for providing your insight and for the example links.

Objection accepted - maybe we Germans are sometimes a bit too overcautious :eek:

To be exact, I had no problems with AdSense, I had my problems with AdWords - G stopped a few campaigns immediately after I launched them :p Since then I am carefully with G.
I also read many reports about closed AdSense accounts. From then on I decided to avoid G wherever possible, also AdSense, only to have G's crawlers not all the time on my sites.

Maybe my attitude will change with future developments :)

Take a look at sites like ThisIsWhyImBroke.com or DudeIWantThat.com for example.
Thanks for the links - damn good sites !!

banners
Back