The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Monetising Users

panman52

affiliate
Hi,

i am relatively new to affiliate based marketing. My site has a pretty simple concept, I host a competition which offers a monthly cash prize, and I am looking to monetise it in the best way possible. Currently I am only using adsense, but the revenue is pretty dire, and I think the key will be monetising my users.

I am getting around 15-20 opt in users per day at the moment. Not a huge amount I know but I can scale up with I start to see returns. They come from around the world, but just over half US/UK. I was wondering what the best way to go about things is.

I am particularly interested in hooking people in at the sign up stage. I have noticed a lot of sites are able to automatically send emails from their partners when users subscribe (particularly paid survey affiliates). I have looked into the affiliate programs of affiliate sites I have seen doing this, and the ones I have seen don't show how you can automatically trigger an email to the user from their account. Does anyone have an example guide of how you can do this? Are there any decent co-reg networks for small sites like mine which have a small base that can scale? I find they are difficult to get accepted to.

Any other hints/tips for me - to be honest I more interested in monetising users quickly, than by building up trust through email lists.

Thanks for any help in advance!

MI
Back