The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Mobile pops with pin submits/sweeps - Determined to make this work

smomma

affiliate
Hi everyone,

After a few rough starts and negative roi campaigns, I've decided to post a follow along as I try to get some conversions and hopefully a positive ROI.

I'll try to be as specific as possible about my campaign stats and I hope some of the more experienced members here can help me out if needed!

So, let's get into it. Yesterday I launched a campaign in Asia (Think Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand region). I launched with a single offer (a subscription submit to enter an iPhone sweepstakes) and 9 different landing pages.

Traffic Source: Mobicow
Affiliate Network: Mobidea

The average winning bid is around 2.20 so I set my max bid to 2.50. I'm excluding wifi, anonymous proxy, anonymous vpns, and the offer only allows specific carrier traffic so I'm also filtering for only that traffic.

Here are my stats for the past day

jan9-overview.PNG

jan9-stats.PNG

My short term optimization plan:
Wait until I have at least 1000 views per LP and cut everything except the top three.
Then ait another 24 hours and cut sites that are performing particularly bad in regards to ctr. If I had some conversions, I would cut sites based on that, but since no conversions, no data there.

None of the top three landing pages are in the native language, though some of the bottom ones are, so I plan on going on fiverr and getting them translated, then split testing the translated ones with the english ones. Lots of folks speak english in my geo so I'm not sure if it will have an increase.

Any tips on increasing ctr? I am not sure if I'm imagining it, but even the top numbers seem dismally low to me. Any tips, advice, or questions? I'm totally dedicated to making this work. I notice alot of threads here fizzle out and burn quite quickly, I plan updating here until I succeed or eventually delete the campaign and consider it a loss.

Something else I want to do, after hopefully improving my ctr on the top pages, is split test offers. Mobidea currently doesn't have alot of similar offers in this geo, but another network, expertMobi, does.

Good Luck with your journey.
How many landers are you using? Are you using urgency counter? Your CTR is low, so that's a big problem. Along with mobicow, you can try popads at the sometime and see how it goes. Let us know how it goes.

I'm using 9 different landers (each column in the screenshot above represents a different lander).

So, my idea was to put up these basic pages without any of the common hooks to improve ctr, then once I get enough data to pick out the pages that have the most clicks without any of those hooks, implement the hooks and split test. What data I'm really interested in is seeing real numbers on how common landing page design features (Countdown timer, entry pop, etc) affects LP ctr. I'm scared that some of these methods artificially inflate ctr and don't help conversion rates at all.

After I cut everything except the top three pages, I'm going to split test with/without countdown timers, then maybe things like js pops, phone vibration, etc.

Thanks for the tips! Any experience with propellerads vs popads when it comes to traffic quality?

I have a tendency to over-analyze things so I'm going to try hard to not do that for this campaign.

Any experience with propellerads vs popads when it comes to traffic quality?
They are good specially with mobile sweeptakes.

I'm scared that some of these methods artificially inflate ctr and don't help conversion rates at all.
Think this might help: 11 Mistakes That Kill the Conversions of Your Landing Page - Landing Page Optimization
But like you said, you should test one element at a time to see how it effects your CTR and conversion rate. Good luck. Keep up updated.

So i uploaded another LP with all the bells and whistles (Think pops, redirects) using an angle I didn't have before, something like play this game, win a prize, and my ctr shot through the roof. I paused all other lps, and am running three variations. One has a back button redirect, pops, etc. The second is the exact same page without a redirect script. The third is also the exact same page with no redirect and also no entry pop.

The data is super confusing because it goes against the grain of what I've heard online, so any insight would be appreciated.

The top performing page is the one with no redirect, page number 2 is the one without the entry pop and no redirect as well, and the third page has redirect and entry pop. These are all identical in every other way, so maybe I just don't have enough data for the different ctrs to be statistically significant?

na10-lpstats.PNG

On the down side, no conversions at all.... wow. Maybe the offer is terrible :/ . I'm thinking about starting a sweepstakes campaign in north america, where I'm at. I think subscribing and paying just to enter a sweepstake comes off to most people as a scam and is why they're not converting. The north american offers usually have no cost, you just have to put in info, so I think they would convert more easily. I also understand the culture better and I think that'd help me building LPs and driving conversions.

BTW the reason I split tested the same page but just without different features like redirct is that I was scared that the redirect was artificially inflating the ctr, but it doesn't seem that way now. Have a winning LP I think, just need a winning offer :D.... or am i missing something? 77% ctr seems ridiculously high.

Well %77 CTR sounds like your landing pages are water in the desert. And If +3k people clicked and you got no conversation, I think there are 2 possibilities.

1) You did not set a frequency capping and some guys played with your LPs (If it includes some fun)
2) All Bots in Asia wanted made a union at your LPs.

I dont think there is an offer that never converts. (+3k clicks almost equal to never)

I am also newbie but your avgCPM looks high for Asia.

Wish you good luck ;)

I'm using 9 different landers (each column in the screenshot above represents a different lander).

So, my idea was to put up these basic pages without any of the common hooks to improve ctr, then once I get enough data to pick out the pages that have the most clicks without any of those hooks, implement the hooks and split test. What data I'm really interested in is seeing real numbers on how common landing page design features (Countdown timer, entry pop, etc) affects LP ctr. I'm scared that some of these methods artificially inflate ctr and don't help conversion rates at all.

After I cut everything except the top three pages, I'm going to split test with/without countdown timers, then maybe things like js pops, phone vibration, etc.

Thanks for the tips! Any experience with propellerads vs popads when it comes to traffic quality?

I have a tendency to over-analyze things so I'm going to try hard to not do that for this campaign.
This is indeed a good planning, try to figure out as many angle as possible to pursue your client.
The link @internalsoul provided is very useful, make sure you pay some time studying.

Great! You are doing well. Why don't you try offers in Australia and Europe? Till now, I can't manage the popads.net, do you target specific categories? Entertainment/movies? I tested all the categories except the adult but none I only get 2% conversion at the LP level :(

Take a look at the sources of that traffic
meaning that you might be getting all those views from just 1 or 2 sources, maybe your need to adjust your bids?
also Mobicow is low quality traffic from whay i've heard neer tried them myself.
maybe you could do better with the same LP but different traffic source?
just my 2 cnts

Hey there!

1. Your CTR performance with no conversions might be due to the content of LP being different from the offer, so that when the user appears on the offer's page, it does not meet his expectations and he does not convert. Make sure these are same, as well as that you are no running and kind of Smartlink/algorithm that keeps offers in rotation. Also, have you tested the offer by yourself? Are you sure the offer's link is loading properly? You can test it setting proxy/VPN for a targeted GEO, or by reaching out to some people in that country.

2. Popads, by the words of some of our affiliates, is easier to work with. Don't forget there is some percentage of low quality traffic everywhere, you need to test and see which placements/websites are bringing better quality, and blacklist the others.

3. I see that there are some offers for Asia, iPhone sweepstakes we have on Mobidea, but for all of them the payout is lower than your bid, 2.5. In general it is really a lot for traffic in Asia, it tends to be cheaper, and especially it has to be cheaper than your payout, otherwise you are running with minus.

Have you already tried other traffic sources? Are you still working with our offer, or you are testing the ones from expertMobi? You can write me in PM, so that we check your case together in more details ;)

Ouch - prepare to waste a shit load of money. I tried to become even breakeven but i didnt manage to do it. Even after super optimisation.

If you will be able to do it - than hats of to you sir.

MI
Back