The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Mobile isn't working for me at all

balling2015

affiliate
Hey everyone,

I don't post much, but I have to post today to tell you how much I am struggling with mobile. I have done well in the past with desktop campaigns and have been doing $100/day for about 6 months now, but that campaign is fading and I am struggling to get anything else going.

I am trying mobile now because I am banned from Facebook and just don't know where to go for desktop traffic. Mobile is a lot easier to run on with approvals and such.

The only minor successes I have had with mobile is running redirect traffic to anti-virus offers, but that was barely making any money for me.

Now I am trying banner traffic for sweepstakes like iPhone, but I am failing to even get a SINGLE conversion.

I had a few conversions in Singapore (yes, I am giving you a country), but I have tried in Mexico and Spain and failed.

Since I have nothing to lose I might as well share all.

I attached an example of an ad I used in a spanish speaking country. It gets a CTR of a little over 2%.

"You have been selected. Touch here to win."

I've also attached my landing page which I got from a forum member here and modified. I think it's slick. I only get 5% CTR though.

It counts down the "4 disponible" (4 available) every second or two so it looks like prizes are being claimed.

Each button goes to a different offer depending on the prize (there is actually no MacBook prize, it starts out as 0 available)

Despite doing this, I get NO conversions on this campaign.

What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 252
  • screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 266
Time to go big.
The lander I gave was very simple one.
In my opinion you have put only focus on one lander.
Atleast 3 or 4 landers you should rotate.
If u have <$100 then better do cpi.

Yeah that lander is pretty simple.
Think about this, would you have gone through and completed the offer?
If not, then you need to improve the lander.
Add some social proof and testimonials.
Test more banners and use gifs to get higher CTR.

I'd check with your network, as most of the sweepstakes don't allow using "you've won" or the word "win" at all.

Aside from it, if your budget is low, stay away from Spain because you need a lot more money to test their offers.

Time to go big.
The lander I gave was very simple one.
In my opinion you have put only focus on one lander.
Atleast 3 or 4 landers you should rotate.
If u have <$100 then better do cpi.

Why should I go and spend $100+ when I can't even get 1 conversion? I would spend $100 easily if I saw a few conversions and had some data to optimize with.

Yeah that lander is pretty simple.
Think about this, would you have gone through and completed the offer?
If not, then you need to improve the lander.
Add some social proof and testimonials.
Test more banners and use gifs to get higher CTR.

Why would I focus on optimizing without a single conversion? By the way, I don't think 5% CTR is that bad on the lander.

I'd check with your network, as most of the sweepstakes don't allow using "you've won" or the word "win" at all.
Aside from it, if your budget is low, stay away from Spain because you need a lot more money to test their offers.

I'll worry about compliance once I see some conversions. For now I just want to see conversions.

Why does Spain require more money? I don't get this everyone is saying more more more money, but why would you throw $100+ at a $7 payout if you don't see any conversions. That's like 15x payout. Spain shouldn't be any more expensive than any other place as far as payout X testing goes.

Your landing page is poor there is no urgency, no testimonials and you are not calling out any specifics like OS, device model or carrier.

Essentially your sweepstakes page is not very believable.

You should be aiming for a landing page CTR of 10% on sweepstakes landing pages.

90% of sweepstakes offers do not convert ask you AM for a list of the best performing ones based on EPC this will save you a lot of money and time.

On high payout offers ($5 or more) you want to test 3x the offer payout per angle.

Your landing page is poor there is no urgency, no testimonials and you are not calling out any specifics like OS, device model or carrier.

Essentially your sweepstakes page is not very believable.

You should be aiming for a landing page CTR of 10% on sweepstakes landing pages.

90% of sweepstakes offers do not convert ask you AM for a list of the best performing ones based on EPC this will save you a lot of money and time.

On high payout offers ($5 or more) you want to test 3x the offer payout per angle.

Thank you. I will implement some of those tactics.

I do have urgency I think. You can't see in the screen shot but it counts down 10 seconds and the prizes go from 3 available to 2 to 1 and one of them to 0 while time is counting down. What else should I add for urgency?

Thank you. I will implement some of those tactics.

I do have urgency I think. You can't see in the screen shot but it counts down 10 seconds and the prizes go from 3 available to 2 to 1 and one of them to 0 while time is counting down. What else should I add for urgency?

A count down should be fine for urgency.

Try to upgrate your Lander,really poor! and the ads doesn’t convincing at all~so optimizing your lander first

5% ctr is horrible man. 5% ctr means that you have too much crap traffic coming in or your lp sucks. I think you will get more conversions direct linking it.

Then again the most successful lp that i have used before has over 65% ctr. Anything under usually will not get you profitable or will make very little money.

I would suggest that you pick an offer with less than a $1.00 payout.

To correctly test a $10 payout offer you would need to spend at least 2x the payout, PER BANNER. With that little budget you can CORRECTLY test 5 banners, which likely isn't nearly enough. With $100 on that offer, you should get 5 conversions if you have really epic banners, but your really new and unless you get really lucky then you are just going to be sitting there after testing with nothing because your offer pays too much.

Offers with a high payout have a high payout for a reason - they are hard to get conversions.

Test a smaller payout offer like a app install.

banners
Back