The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

[Mobile Case Study] $2,911 in 3 Days . . . It’s like Magic

cashmoneyaffiliate

Hey there!

For those of you who enjoy reading my mobile case studies and are interested in mobile affiliate marketing I have finally released the The Affiliate Marketing Mobile Blueprint to find out more Click Here

<>================================<>

Note: You can read the full and uncensored version of this case study in The Affiliate Marketing Mobile Blueprint

Mobile Case Study: $2,911 in 3 Days . . . It’s like Magic

Cleaning out my closet

It’s early June and I'm knee deep in mobile pin submit offers.

I’m sitting by my desk chatting to another affiliate over Skype about how great pin submits offers convert in Thailand and behold, I get an email from one of my favorite affiliate networks: Yeahmobi, with the top and new offers for the week. While scanning through this wonderful piece of literature I see ‘TH Phone Cleaner [WAP]’ I almost fall out my seat. I had been searching affiliate networks looking for a Thailand antivirus CPS offer for a week or so with no luck, so a cleaner offer was the second best thing. Details of the offer are below:

Network: Yeahmoi
Offer: TH - Mozzi - Regular Phone Cleaner Thai Version
Payout: $2
Traffic Source: Plugrush

Thailand App Cleaner Offer 1.png

Plugrush is Dead . . . Long Live Plugrush

I decided to run this offer on Plugrush redirect traffic as I had successfully ran a few other utility CPS and CPI offers on there in the past and built up a strong blacklist of the 166 very worst performing domains. I have included this with the The Affiliate Marketing Mobile Blueprint. For any of you who wants to run mobile campaigns on Plugrush, this list is an absolute must, and alone has probably saved me around $x,xxx.

I Think I did it Again

Once again, one of the best performing landing pages for this campaign was simple and had my favourite, strong headline, relevant picture, a sense of urgency in the main body text and a strong call to action:

Android Cleaner LP blur.png

Due to the URL blacklist I had applied before launching this campaign, it was profitable straight away and generated over $2,911 in three days at about a 309% ROI. The only type of redirect traffic that wasn't converting was Dump sites and MPG, so I unchecked those.

plugrush_thcleaner.png

Thailand App Cleaner affiliate network stats.png

I also split tested the original TH - Mozzi - Regular Phone Cleaner with another, similar offer TH - Mobico - WAP Phone Cleaner; it had a higher payout of $2.20.

Thailand App Cleaner Offer 2.png

However, the original offer still performed far better.

Why You Jacking Me Bro?

After about three days of running this campaign full throttle, I noticed that I had gone from 1st highest bidder to eighth. After further investigation I discovered that a few other affiliates had got wise to my lander and offer, and we were all now aggressively competing for the same traffic. In the beginning they had probably wondered where all ‘their’ Thailand android traffic had gone and decided to investigate themselves
:p.

I decided to pull the offer when my affiliate manager requested that the advertiser wanted me to stop sending DTAC traffic as it was not backing out for them. As DTAC was the top converting carrier (it’s also the 2nd largest in Thailand), and there is no way to segment carrier traffic on Plugrush, and I had no decent offer to redirect the DTAC traffic to, I made the decision to stop running the campaign and move on to greener pastures.

P.S If you're new to mobile affiliate marketing I would not recommend starting out with Plugrush as there traffic and approvals can be very erratic.

Last edited:
Great case study.

I've heard a few things about plug rush. Did you try your landing in English too or only in Thai?

I guess you moved to other traffic sources to try more DTAC traffic or simply send traffic from other carriers.

Great case study.

I've heard a few things about plug rush. Did you try your landing in English too or only in Thai?

I guess you moved to other traffic sources to try more DTAC traffic or simply send traffic from other carriers.

Did you try your landing in English too or only in Thai?

I tested both Thai did much better :)

Yep, i moved the campaign over to a different traffic source that allowed me to target specific carriers.

Last edited:
How often do you see your campaigns get ripped off like that? And did you figure it out using spy tools?

How often do you see your campaigns get ripped off like that?

Not that often. I think the reason it occurred this time round was because i aggressively outbid the competition and on Plugrush the top bidder gets like 80% of the traffic :)

There are ways to prevent affiliates from ripping your pages or at least tax them for the pleasure ;). Unfortunately i didn't implement any of those methods with this campaign.

did you figure it out using spy tools?

Yep, i used the custom home made spy tool I talk about in the Mobile Blueprint :).

Last edited:
MI
Back