The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Mobile Affiliate Journey ► Flying To $1000/day ◄ Rags To Riches

Hello Fixers,

Has been a hard decision to make this thread, because first of all my first language isn't english, i'm from COLOMBIA, and the public compromise sometimes scary, but f*ck i have selected all excuses and press delete.

How i started?
After being jumping from side to side (shiny object syndrome) i decided to stick with just one and only method until this sh*t works and all that inspiration comes after start readind The Mobile Manifesto (V1 - V2), Charles Ngo's Blog and Malandarra'sBlog (Thanks buddies and sorry because i can't post links here).

Now this is my plan A, i quit my job (i'm physician)... Yes, yes pretty crazy but I am passionate about technology, please don't ask why i didn't study engineering and i knew as a physician i couldn't make millions (in my case). i have years learning about all (PPC, PPV, SEO, name them), but without any focus and now is time to take thi serious because life is ending.

I have acquired...
VPS in LiquidWeb to host my landing pages
SSD server in Digital Ocean (Beyonce's hosting) for redirect
Tracking software in Voluum
Spy tool in Whatrunswhere to stay a step away of competition
Landing page templates in Elance for change wherever i want
Affiliate network several, for promoting offers and have a big portafolio
Adult network several, for promoting offers and have a big portafolio, i like the niche
Ad network several, for buy traffic and start master mobile traffic around the world

What been i've doing?
I started to running an offer but i was lack of knowledge so i stopped and learn more about using Voluum, It is a bit tricky by lack of tutorials. Losses $100

in present..
I started to running 2 offers, let's called general offers and adult offers, because i want to study the behavior of both traffic source.
Charles and Malan say to focus in one traffic source but i think i have the time to learn more and I want it fast.

A little more details...
- Offers: both downloadable
- Payout: general 2.85 - Adult 3.0
- Traffic: general banner - adult redirect
- Method: general landing page - adult direct link
- Bid: (CPC) general around 0.03 - adult around 0.01

i will give you updates of what happens, i hope to receive some advice and inspire other rookies
PD: Questions are welcome (no traffic, no landings, no offers)

The journey and the offers started today...

Wish me Success because i will have by God

Regards

► Day 01

General offer (ePC 0.20)
Cost: 9.50
CPC: 0.10
Impressions: 20.337
Clicks: 95
CTR: 0.467
Conversions: 0

Some doubts here...
Ad networl report: 95 clicks
Tracking software report: 80 visit / 17 clicks
Af network report: 10 clicks

All the times zones are configured iqual, i pause the offer 2 hrs and then generate this report

Some doubts here
it is normal this discrepancy?
At this time is good to pause the offer if i invested 3 times what it pay?
i must continue testing?

PD: this is my 10th post, later i will come with pictures

Regards

Congratulations for taking the leap into mobile drluisbarrios

I would strongly suggest you focus on 1 traffic source 1 country and 1 "type" of offer for example if your goner focus on adult offers stick to that 1 as with mobile you are going to have to get data on a LOT of different variables such us ISPs, OS Versions and more, in order to find out what you need to cut.

Most affiliate networks send weekly offer reports with the top offers based on EPC and volume, i would stick to only picking offers to run from that list as you know they convert and that someone is making money from them.

By the way yes you will always get click discrepancy when running mobile (especially in high volume country's :(), if your running landing page ads it can be any where from 10% to 30% and banner ads from 10% to 15%

However if the discrepancy is really high contact the ad network and try to negotiate a refund on the lost clicks.

Last edited:
Hello Fixers,

These days have been hard when it comes to campaign set up.
I chose for the adult traffic a network that has little to no traffic to the offer that i want to promote, so i lost 50.

Why I took this decision of go with not as well known traffic network?
Because the support is very, very good. i'm not telling that the traffic is bad, but the next time i have to talk clearly to my ad manager about numbers.
I chose the offer because i read in the sources i mentioned that in the third world countries there is a lot of traffic, cheap and less competition, so my desicion now is to move to another traffic network because i think the offer will convert very well if i hook with a good traffic (i believe a lot in the offer).

About the general offer
I stop the campaing and move to another ad network because i read here that
cashmoneyaffiliate said:
and
djcrunk said:
Are promoting offers investing 5-6 more of the offer payout. i'm right?

Now im configuring several ad networks in Voluum but i'm stucked with InMobi

Can somebody tell me if this it is ok according his experience?
This is the reference article i found

InMobi PingBack
2u7my45.jpg

I still remain strong because i know this will work for me.

Life's battles don't always favor men stronger or faster, but sooner or later the man who wins is the man who thinks he can do it

About the general offer
I stop the campaing and move to another ad network because i read here that and
Are promoting offers investing 5-6 more of the offer payout. i'm right?

Now im configuring several ad networks in Voluum but i'm stucked with InMobi

Can somebody tell me if this it is ok according his experience?
This is the reference article i found

I still remain strong because i know this will work for me.

Yeah thats right spending 5 to 6 times the offer payout from my experience is good enough to let you know if the offer has potential.

Your inmobi set up looks good to me.

Hello Fixers,

8 days have passed from my last post but all this time the only thing I've done is learn from tracking.
this was the part that i was more jammed, but persistent and looking information, I finally could master the issue.

Now i set more campaigns and the conversions began arriving, i'm in negative ROI but my work now is optimize

2hov14y.jpg

I will be posting more updates

Regards

Can I check where you got your InMobi macros from?
This is the one my rep sent me, there are some tokens not in that list that is found on yours

imgur.com[SLASH]O3nQ9Fn

Can't post links just yet but you can get it above.

Hello Fixers,

i'm still gathering data, because i'm having conversions but i think i have to improve my banners because clicks are coming slow.

xc57dh.jpg

My plan is invest 10X of the payout in the places that has conversions, make better banners and open new offers because i want to accelerate this learning courve.

practice makes perfect

Hello Luis.
i'm starting my mobile journey too.
I hit $60 a day (profit) last week, but the campaign has wore off after 7 days. Made me around $350 total.

I have a question. Do you use landing pages to get your creatives approved?
Many offers have misleading banners which are rejected by my traffic sources.

Thanks in advance for your reply!

servandosilva said:
Do you use landing pages to get your creatives approved?

Hello Servando,

I think It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission :ninja:
So the most of the time i use the banner of the publisher and my own, but always try to take care the publisher's brand and i follow the rules

What rules?
- I check the banners and if all have logo in the creative, i use the logo in the banner too (for e.g OLX)
- I check the banners and if none have the logo on the creative, i go more aggressive and make my own banners

I hope i have been clear.
You're welcome

Hello Servando,

I think It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission :ninja:
So the most of the time i use the banner of the publisher and my own, but always try to take care the publisher's brand and i follow the rules

What rules?
- I check the banners and if all have logo in the creative, i use the logo in the banner too (for e.g OLX)
- I check the banners and if none have the logo on the creative, i go more aggressive and make my own banners

I hope i have been clear.
You're welcome

Hello Luis. Thanks for your answer.
I think you got my question wrong. I understand that you use your own banners (for CPA offers) instead of the ones provided from your affiliate network and try to follow the rules to make them more attractive. That's fine. I do it sometimes too.

But I mean, how do you get those banners approved on your traffic sources (e.g. inmobi, tapit, buzzcity, etc)?
For example, if the banner says: "Whatsapp wallpapers" but it leads to a weekly subscription to receive tones and apps, most traffic sources don't approve it because they categorize them as "misleading ads".

Do you use a landing page in this case?
Hope it makes sense now :)

Thanks in advance for your answer.

servandosilva said:
Whatsapp wallpapers" but it leads to a weekly subscription to receive tones and apps

Yes Servando,
Is a Misleading Ad...

If you are promoting download offers you have to tell in the banner what to expect on the other site or create a false need...
If the offer is for download wallpapers, the banner must say download wallpaper or something related

Or you can mixed if the offers is for wallpapers and is an app you can say
"Download new WhatsApp Wallpapers - Install App"
"Download World Cup Wallpapers - Install App"
"Old fashioned WhatsApp Wallpapers? - Install Latest Update"

lk0wj.gif

This banner was supplied by the publisher and is very clear, so i can take it and makes some tweaks.
But remember that message must be clear or use correct words if you want to create false need.

Use this for headlines
- Scarcity
- False need
- Numbers
- Questions
- How to
- Curiosity
- Secret
- Tip

Hope this help

banners
Back