The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Meta Commands

Eminem

affiliate
Meta Commands

Now i don't know if a article like this has been posted here before but im writing one anyway.

Meta commands are very helpful in bringing your site some visitors. What they really do is they submit your site to various search engines.

Meta Commands List:

Keywords:

Use this command and put as many keywords you want and explain your site in a few simple keywords.

<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="admin,downloads,chat,free,incubator,shell speare">

Remember, I would advise not to use spaces. like

admin, downloads, chat,

Description:

When you search google you see a description of most of the sites below the links. Well thats because they have used the description meta code. Follow the following code.

<META NAME="description"
CONTENT= "This is my page description so please visit my URL">

Other Codes:

Tell the search engine who you are by using this command

<META NAME="author" CONTENT= "Lonewolf">

Give a copyright notice

<META NAME="copyright" CONTENT="Copyright ? 2005">

Request the search engine to re-visit your site

<META NAME="REVISIT-AFTER" CONTENT="25 days">

--------

Put all of the above listed codes in every page of your site if you want or just in the Home page. Now if your wondering where to put these codes, just put them above the <title> and below the <head> that means between the <head> and <title> section

I hope this helps.

Article Written By

Lonewolf (Best-Board)

No Problem. :)

I have a HTML tutorial coming up which is written exclusively by me :D Just trying to figure out where should I post it. If I don't find any relevant place, I'll just post it in the 'General Chat' ;)