The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Media Buying

There are a few different forms of media buying, but when most people refer to media buying they're specifically talking about buying banner placement on a website or app. I have an article on media buying on my blog at: Getting started with Media Buying

Probably the most popular media buy network in our industry is SiteScout. I recommend checking them out and any webinars you can find of Max from WhatRunsWhere :)

Media buying (also referred to as display advertising) is simply a fancy word for purchasing banner ad space on a website, a network of websites, or an ad exchange network.
Media buying can be as simple as buying banner inventory on a website directly from the website owner or buying banner ad space through an ad network that provides you access to very high traffic websites.
These media buys are usually paid for on a CPM basis. CPM means cost per 1000 impressions. An impression is simply one view of the banner on the website.
Now before you stop reading because you think you wont be able to afford media buying, let’s talk about the more affordable ways to do media buys.

In general if you want to get your feet wet with Display advertising give a try sitescout. Imho it's best for starting out and it's really affordable to get into it.

Thanks,
Johnny

banners
Back