The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Media Buying (volume) vs. Owning a Property (quality)

thed1v1der

affiliate
So I'm constantly roaming this forum and others. I've found that the type of affiliate marketer is largely different depending on the forum they spend the most time in. Some marketers are more about volume, and some are more about highly qualified traffic. I'm not entirely sure this has much to do with my question, but I wanted your take.

I'm new to this world, and I've seen massive money flows using many different techniques. I am considering 2 different techniques based on what I think can be successful for beginners (tell me if I'm wrong).

1. Buying massive volumes using ad containers like Taboola to direct traffic to a landing page and then an offer. This seems straightforward, but I still haven't established a decent lander. This seems like the most straightforward way to do it, but requires more testing. The reason this type of marketing interests me is because I have a client who is profiting about 12k a day by simply buying ad container blocks in high volume and having a few killer landers.

2. Establishing your own property with self-generated content and running campaigns for clients directly on your site. This is more time-intensive, but I already have 2 quality properties established for very little money (100 bucks invested) and I think they're very high quality.

Which do you think benefits a new marketer most? I don't mind investing the time, but my actual capital won't allow for a lot of testing.

What are the prices at Taboola, isn't it expensive? Plus I have some doubts and I have seen articles that some of those sites buy traffic - like very cheap out to fake the clicks and etc, or better said using advanced botnet traffic to make activity which you never can benefit from

What are the prices at Taboola, isn't it expensive? Plus I have some doubts and I have seen articles that some of those sites buy traffic - like very cheap out to fake the clicks and etc, or better said using advanced botnet traffic to make activity which you never can benefit from

In my experience (with my clients, not personally) Taboola and Outbrain usually costs around .25 CPC and the traffic is organic. I specialize in lead generation, so we have a lot of processes to confirm this. That means taboola is about half the cost of let's say Facebook.

First of all I have to disagree a bit with you. From my experience you can bring quality traffic from FB with less then $0.25 if the campaign is well optimized.
Now to answer your initial question, I mix your 2 techniques. I (sometimes) buy traffic for my own websites/blogs in which I have affiliate links. I do this to grow my sites and in the same time to get some revenue from affiliate programs.
For the long run I would definitely go for the 2nd one, that is having your own web properties.
Cheers

First of all I have to disagree a bit with you. From my experience you can bring quality traffic from FB with less then $0.25 if the campaign is well optimized.
Now to answer your initial question, I mix your 2 techniques. I (sometimes) buy traffic for my own websites/blogs in which I have affiliate links. I do this to grow my sites and in the same time to get some revenue from affiliate programs.
For the long run I would definitely go for the 2nd one, that is having your own web properties.
Cheers

That's good news, as this is where I've already done most of my investing and work. Is Facebook highly profitable for you?

I have to agree with previous poster. You need to be using the two but you want to be focusing on building up your own traffic funnel instead of constantly having to put coal into the fire.

MI
Back