The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

MaxBounty: Statistic keeping between different traffic providers?

schleprock

Is there any reason why the clicks 7 Search says I am getting do not register on my MaxBounty statistics?

I did use a link shortener. Tinyurl.

I compared the URL I got from the MaxBounty affiliate link and the URL I got from the website my tinyurl led me to and they are identical.

So I can think of no reason the clicks are not registering unless MaxBounty is not updating (it updated fine with DNTX/Tonic traffic)
or the tinyurl is throwing off the statistics
or the traffic is not really coming from 7 Search

Is there another possibility?

This is my first PPC campaign so I don't really know a lot about it.

I upgraded to tiny.cc link shortening. It tracks clicks.

I clicked my own tiny.cc url to see what the stats would say. It showed 5 clicks from 1 unique user. Exactly what I had done.

Hopefully now I can figure out wtf is going on. I certainly hope it is not 7Search or MaxBounty. I know how to use their interfaces now and I sort of like them, except for this click or no click thing. Now I will be able to do a third party verification and see what is going on.

Thanks for your help

I clicked the box on 7Search saying I would also take some mobile traffic. Could that be messing up my stats. I don't know how it would unless MaxBounty or 7 Search updates mobile traffic differently than desktop traffic.

I'll keep this thread updated until it is resolved. And I will say how it is resolved. I don't want people to think there is anything untoward on anyone's part unless there is.

Last edited:
As promised, my update. I am the one at fault.

I used the link from the "display" area from MaxBounty. It has my affiliate number in it but it is not my affiliate link.
So I will change the link to the proper link and I am sure the situation will resolve itself.

I will still drop back and let you know if it did.

I hate to leave these posts unresolved because it can make some parties look bad when they have done nothing. It seems that is likely the case here.

MI
Back