The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Marketing Blog

mutantbull

Hi Luke,
First of all thank you for answering our questions.
As you also manage a Marketing Blog.
I would like to ask you that :

How often do you send newsletters to your subscribers ?

What do you send them in the newsletter : your posts, site changes or what ?

Do you notify your user when a you post something on your blog ?

Can you suggest some ways to reduce Bounce Rate of my website which is currently around 40% ?

How I can make users to get more engaged and active?

Should I use paid hosting ,currently I am using free hosting because of my rule that I will not invest in my blog till I earn from it ?

How often should I post on my blog ?

Should I remove Date from my posts so user will not able to know about post frequency ? Will it have a good effect or bad ?

Can you check and give feedback on my website : mgdiary.com ?
other than posting content I will do it as soon m exams are over.

Thank you for answering my questions.
Have a good day ahead.

How often do you send newsletters to your subscribers ?

Not enough. I usually only send 1 or 2 blasts a month if that and I would like to do at least one a week.

What do you send them in the newsletter : your posts, site changes or what ?

Mostly to my new posts. I'll also send them to relevant good content I find or products that I start using that I recommend they try out (affiliate links).

Do you notify your user when a you post something on your blog ?

Lately I have been doing a newsletter blast whenever I publish an article. I'll usually give a little summary and potentially try to add extra value for the subscriber. For example, if my blog post is about a campaign I ran I might include my actual landing page link or banner creative in the email.

Can you suggest some ways to reduce Bounce Rate of my website which is currently around 40% ?

I found that using images to link to my other posts and doing more deep interlinking within my posts has helped reduce my bounce rate. For example, you have a ton of outgoing links in this post, but none that actually keep people on your blog: Make A website for Less Than 5$ | Marketing Diary

How I can make users to get more engaged and active?

Start building a list and change your comment form to stand out more.

Should I use paid hosting ,currently I am using free hosting because of my rule that I will not invest in my blog till I earn from it ?

I recommend paid hosting. Do you believe your blog is going to be successful? Then you will make money from it. Don't let $10/month hold you back from achieving that success. There are many benefits to getting setup on paid hosting. Like, your images will load each time I load your blog instead of all these blank images I keep seeing :)

How often should I post on my blog ?

That's up to you. I wish I posted in mine more. I'd recommend doing at least a post a week to keep your readers engaged. I'm failing at that.

Should I remove Date from my posts so user will not able to know about post frequency ? Will it have a good effect or bad ?

I wouldn't recommend it.

You're doing a good job. Try to solve your readers problems. If you do that you'll have a loyal following in no time.

Last edited:
MI
Back