propellerads adcombo
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Marketing Blog

Discussion in 'General Internet Marketing' started by mutantbull, Feb 23, 2014.

1. mutantbull

mutantbull Affiliate affiliate

Hi Luke,
    First of all thank you for answering our questions.
    As you also manage a Marketing Blog.
    I would like to ask you that :

How often do you send newsletters to your subscribers ?

What do you send them in the newsletter : your posts, site changes or what ?

Do you notify your user when a you post something on your blog ?

Can you suggest some ways to reduce Bounce Rate of my website which is currently around 40% ?

How I can make users to get more engaged and active?

Should I use paid hosting ,currently I am using free hosting because of my rule that I will not invest in my blog till I earn from it ?

How often should I post on my blog ?

Should I remove Date from my posts so user will not able to know about post frequency ? Will it have a good effect or bad ?

Can you check and give feedback on my website : mgdiary.com ?
    other than posting content I will do it as soon m exams are over.

Thank you for answering my questions.
    Have a good day ahead.

2. LukePeerFly

LukePeerFly Super Moderator Super Mod moderator Affiliate Manager Service Manager affiliate

How often do you send newsletters to your subscribers ?

Not enough. I usually only send 1 or 2 blasts a month if that and I would like to do at least one a week.

What do you send them in the newsletter : your posts, site changes or what ?

Mostly to my new posts. I'll also send them to relevant good content I find or products that I start using that I recommend they try out (affiliate links).

Do you notify your user when a you post something on your blog ?

Lately I have been doing a newsletter blast whenever I publish an article. I'll usually give a little summary and potentially try to add extra value for the subscriber. For example, if my blog post is about a campaign I ran I might include my actual landing page link or banner creative in the email.

Can you suggest some ways to reduce Bounce Rate of my website which is currently around 40% ?

I found that using images to link to my other posts and doing more deep interlinking within my posts has helped reduce my bounce rate. For example, you have a ton of outgoing links in this post, but none that actually keep people on your blog: Make A website for Less Than 5$ | Marketing Diary

How I can make users to get more engaged and active?

Start building a list and change your comment form to stand out more.

Should I use paid hosting ,currently I am using free hosting because of my rule that I will not invest in my blog till I earn from it ?

I recommend paid hosting. Do you believe your blog is going to be successful? Then you will make money from it. Don't let $10/month hold you back from achieving that success. There are many benefits to getting setup on paid hosting. Like, your images will load each time I load your blog instead of all these blank images I keep seeing :)

How often should I post on my blog ?

That's up to you. I wish I posted in mine more. I'd recommend doing at least a post a week to keep your readers engaged. I'm failing at that.

Should I remove Date from my posts so user will not able to know about post frequency ? Will it have a good effect or bad ?

I wouldn't recommend it.

You're doing a good job. Try to solve your readers problems. If you do that you'll have a loyal following in no time.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
    1 person likes this.

Featured Resources (View All)

adsxposed