The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

many domains or just one?

iebo

affiliate
do you think its better to have a separate domain for each offer you are promoting, or just one general domain that you have separate pages for each offer? are there any special circumstances where you might change your answer?

I think it really depends how you promote. SEO (small niche site or larger authority site), PPV, PPC ?

One domain. It makes you stand out from the crowd and forcing you to work harder on it. Also easier to work with and once you get the site moving, you can ask for better offers depending on how much you've improved it, how popular you've made it, etc., etc.

If absolutely necessary - two or three domains tops. When and if you find the time to maintain more than one in the same time and they all still look professional. :)

I think not important as many domains or one domain. Importantly, when you already have a domain, focuses on the promotion.

May be useful ;)

It depends on the campaign. For example, if I were doing an SEO campaign I'd definitely get a specific domain for the keyword I am trying to rank for. On the other hand, if I am doing a mobile campaign I'd just use a general domain I have (possibly create a subdomain) and then if it performs well split test with a specific domain for that campaign. I've had some campaigns that do better under a general domain, but usually people (even on mobile phones) will take the domain into consideration when deciding on serious to take you as an advertiser, whether intentionally or not. I've also found .mobi doesn't really help the cause :)

MI
Back