monetizer expertmobi
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

make money thru pop ups?

Discussion in 'Display Media Buying' started by chetan1, May 5, 2008.

1. chetan1

chetan1 Affiliate affiliate

hi,
    I want to know that how can we earn thru pop ups.Is there any idea or techniques to use?
    thanks

2. monetizer
  3. KingPin36

KingPin36 Affiliate affiliate

Why bother with Pop-Ups anymore?

95% of security programs block them. Not to mention the browsers security.

Pop-ups are so Web 0.5

KP

4. hasan_889

hasan_889 Affiliate affiliate

I hate popup and believe everyone feels the same. Moreover, as KP said - most of the browsers, toolbars and anti internet security tools have the built-in technology to stop popups.

Most of popups either have adwares, nudity or screensavers - nothing is needed by anyone.

So revenue model based on popup is a totally fruitless plan though popup CTR is very high but visitor should be your target ... don't ever think for it. I don't visit pop-up site once I discover that fact.

5. Cryxellis

Cryxellis Affiliate affiliate

Same here, it was annoying:boiling:forcing the visitors to visit their advertisement.. If I were you I wouldn't even think about it:nono:

6. tb987

tb987 Affiliate affiliate

7. namepimp

namepimp Affiliate affiliate

dont use it
    place a banner instead

8. eronkid

eronkid Affiliate affiliate

They are annoying, so don't bother using those silly pop ups. Browsers will just block those and you won't get any revenue if it happens.

9. vicdigi

vicdigi Affiliate affiliate

YEah. I hate those blasted things that keep popping on my screen and do anything to prevent them.

A site that has pop ups is a real turn off for me and from a personal point of view - I will walk away from it if it is not one of the very big websites!

10. Arleigh

Arleigh Affiliate affiliate

I think having pop ups in your site will give you a bad image from visitors. This will give them reasons to just close the window of your site because they become annoyed seeing them.

11. Attain

Attain Affiliate affiliate

Most of the programs block pop ups. Even customized corporate solutions ensure that popups are blocked in the default settings.

12. temi

temi Facilitator affiliate

I think if the popup is implemented correctly without it being to intrusive it could be used to generate revenue.

13. smeagain

smeagain Distinguished Member affiliate

Popups IMO make your site unpopular with users and that means far fewer return visitors. Short term gain for a long term loss.

14. bleuken

bleuken Affiliate affiliate

there are so many ad type you can consider aside from the popup ads, like onmouseover ads or whatever they call it. as far as I can remember some popular earning sites i have visited are not using pop-up ads.

15. john_logic

john_logic Affiliate affiliate

Similarly to pop-ups, really flashy banners are also off-putting and cheapen your site

Discrete advertising that is actually relevant and useful to your surfers is best. If you can get people to pay you to imbed links to their sites within your text - without breaking the flow and sematics of your articles that is a winner

16. gordon_freeman

gordon_freeman Affiliate affiliate

it is a great way to generate income
    but don't use it for long term

17. Mr-Host.com

Mr-Host.com Affiliate affiliate

Don't ever use pop ups!

I can tell you that nobody reads them. There annoying and 99.9% of people have a pop-up blocker. Its a waste of your time.

Use small Google ads (text ones) at the bottom of your site if you want ads, they are less distracting and will not get you a bad reputation as a pop-up infested site.

18. neilrbowen

neilrbowen Affiliate affiliate

Id stear clear of popups, most people will close them if they do manage to pop up, and i for one never return to a website with a popup, id imagine there are many others who do the same.

You get paid peanuts for them, and loose your visitors, not the best business plan i could think up ;)

19. Cryxellis

Cryxellis Affiliate affiliate

Not only the pop ups forced someone to visit it but they also showed if you have
    clicked the wrong anchor text, for example the directories submission site.
    Every time I click on the categories of the site the pop ups always shows and that is really annoying.

20. Handsome34

Handsome34 Affiliate affiliate

I just hate those webs who contain Popup adds

Featured Resources (View All)

MI