The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Make Money Promoting Digital Products With SEO

Jay Wessman

makemoneypromotingdigitalproductswithseo.png

Make Money Promoting Digital Products With SEO

In this guide I explain how you can easily promote any digital product with simple SEO methods and tactics. These sites can make you some great money each month and you can simply clone them with a new product.

Products

Most of the products that I promote through affiliate programs are physical products rather than digital products but every now and then I come across a digital product that I like so much that I decide to set up a little niche site to promote it.

One of the biggest advantages of promoting a digital product over a physical product is that you can get a much higher commission. A 50% commission seems to be pretty standard with digital products and some go up even higher to rates like 75% which is completely unheard of in the physical product space.

So here's a REAL LIFE example of how it can be done!

1) Do A Search For The Digital Product In The Google Keyword Tool

First I look for a digital product that I like and want to promote.

For this case study I promoted a premium WordPress theme called 'ShopperPress' that makes your WordPress blog look more like a shop.

Then I headed over to the Google Keyword Tool to see how many times it gets searched a month:

digital-product-keywords.gif

According to this 'ShopperPress' gets searched around 3,600 times a month which shows there's definitely quite a bit of interest in the theme.

But even more useful is we can see that 'ShopperPress Review' gets a total of 320 searches, 'ShopperPress Review' gets a total of 140 searches and 'Download ShopperPress' gets a total of 91 searches... I'll be incorporating all three of these keywords into my site heavily!

2) Set Up A Website Promoting Those Keywords

Next we just set up a simple website with a few pages that target these keywords.

You can do this really easily by just setting up a WordPress blog (watch this if you've never done it before).

For this example though I've just downloaded a free template online and then edited it using DreamWeaver and the finished result is ShopperPressReview.com:

review-site.gif

As you can see the site is targetting the keyword 'ShopperPress Review' but I also have a page on there to target both 'ShopperPress Coupon' and 'Download ShopperPress'.

The review is lengthy and comprehensive and designed to point of the perks of the product to encourage people to buy. It helps to choose products that you have used and know well as it'll show in your review and be much more convincing.

3) Build Lots of Links to the Site

Now we just continue on SEOing the site like normal. I'm not going to get too much into building backlinks and getting your site ranking here because I have already written a tonne of material on this already.

Instead here are a few links to a few SEO guides that I've written:

> Using Knowem to Find Authority Sites to Build Backlinks On
> Using Footprints to Build Super Relevant Backlinks
> How to Steal Your Competitors Backlinks
> A Huge List of Sites to Build Backlinks On

After a bit of SEO work you should eventually get a ranking like this:

number-2.gif

And that's it! Once your site is ranking well your traffic should convert extremely well (provided that your content and reviews are good). And because the commissions are super high with digital products even a small trickle of traffic can work out to some decent dough!

For example ShopperPress.com is just a small 5 page site but it brings me in an extra $50 - $100 each and every month on autopilot and can be replicated over and over and over again:

sales.gif

Not bad for a site that only took me a couple of days to set up and promote!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well whadda ya know. It is too.

What you can tell about EMD ?
Do they still working ?
Because i noticed with one of my EMD that when i made it 2 weeks after that this page jumped in first page in google.
But after while it went down to 3th page.

Assume that I'm trying to sell several related digital products. Would you set up a single site for each product, or one large site to cover them all?

Do they still working ?
Because i noticed with one of my EMD that when i made it 2 weeks after that this page jumped in first page in google.

EMD isn't as powerful as it used to be so don't get too hung up on it. For this case study the EMD happened to be available but if it's not then don't worry about it - another domain will do. What's more important is your on page and off page SEO.

Assume that I'm trying to sell several related digital products. Would you set up a single site for each product, or one large site to cover them all?

If they are all related like "Premium WordPress Plugins" or something like that then I'd probably just put them all on the same domain.

What's the minimum number of monthly searches you want to see in order to move forward with a keyword?

The cool thing about digital products is that because the commission is so high even a few hundred searches would be enough for me to set up a site if the competition is low. I'd aim for a minimum of around 500.

I use long-tail keywords to promote Clickbank products because exact keywords of products are pretty competitive. When I do a deep dive into keywords I am able to find long tails for which I can rank easily. However the best conversions lie with keywords that are exact matches of product names + the word review.

I use long-tail keywords to promote Clickbank products because exact keywords of products are pretty competitive. When I do a deep dive into keywords I am able to find long tails for which I can rank easily. However the best conversions lie with keywords that are exact matches of product names + the word review.

Would love to see you do a case study within the affiliate section to show people how they can bank from doing Dojo reviews.

Do they still working ?

EMDs are still working, few days back i regd a domain. installed wp and submitted to google.

the website is on no#1 page and in no#2 position.

EMDs surely work, if the EMD has low competition there's no need of offline optimization.

Just to give some boost to the site, i got a video on YT and got huge views for it. The EMD is still stable It's on the same page and same position.

just wondering. Are there any game affiliate networks ? i mean like pc games where we could try EMD method ?

The reason this works so well is not just because of the EMD. It's because ShopperPress is a niche product that hardly has any competition. Trying to rank for something like "Call of Duty 4 Review" would be insanely hard even if you do somehow manage to score CallOfDuty4Review.com.

My advice is to look for digital products that are somewhat established to the point where a decent number of people are searching for reviews and coupons for that product but not so big/mainstream that it's completely saturated and has a tonne competing sites out there.

Do you still create these sites regularly Jay?

Most of the sites that I build promote physical products but if I happen to stumble across a great digital product with low competition and high demand then I'll often whip up a site to promote it.

banners
Back