The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Mac or PC?

I use pc, because I cant afford a mac, personally i prefer unix systems to windows, (only reason i am running windows and not linux atm is because photoshop and illistrator run like shit on linux )

so Linux > windows and mac, but mac > windows

really bums me out that i have to use windows just because of one application ( i know theres gimp, but quite simply it just dosnt compare to photoshop)

Yea, that's true. GIMP is no where near PS. :-/ I love Linux as well (especially Mint and SuSE editions), but Windows (8.1) works extremely fast, and it's far more stable (in desktop environments). But nowadays it's kind of silly to talk about "stability", when it comes to Windows. I've never experienced a single glitch on 8 or 8.1, Windows 7 was awesome, as so was XP. I was a system admin for 9 years and was managing 150+ computers. When Windows runs on a high-end machine, and you don't run pirated software on it and some crazy drivers, I simply can not phantom a situation, which would cause a machine to stall.

Yea, that's true. GIMP is no where near PS. :-/ I love Linux as well (especially Mint and SuSE editions), but Windows (8.1) works extremely fast, and it's far more stable (in desktop environments). But nowadays it's kind of silly to talk about "stability", when it comes to Windows. I've never experienced a single glitch on 8 or 8.1, Windows 7 was awesome, as so was XP. I was a system admin for 9 years and was managing 150+ computers. When Windows runs on a high-end machine, and you don't run pirated software on it and some crazy drivers, I simply can not phantom a situation, which would cause a machine to stall.

I have had no end of problems with most verisions of windows, problems usualy come in the form of updates. I'll get an update and my drivers are no longer compaituble, loose sound, wifi or something else I dont want to loose ( this is with the latest drivers installed) if you try re installing the driver then it gets compatability issues. Now I am on windows 10, up until the last update was running perfect ( found the same thing withthe 7 preview ). I am acctually debating outsourcing all my grapics work so I can change my system back to a linux machine or maybe look at doing the hackintosh thing again.

I don't think I've ever put my hands on a Mac. I've been on the PC bandwagon since 1982 when I opened up my mainframe and mini mainframe support and supply company (Automated Data Supply). PC's came on big about the same time and haven't looked to switch since.

Mac is loved by many, but I can't find any reasonable cause to switch.

Last year I bought a HP elitedesk 800 core i7 but back in Jan, I switched to a 27" iMac. And I'm just loving it :)
I have to say the iMac is the best and has the OS there is it never gives me any trouble I accept all the updates and I have personally replaced the HD now that was a great thing for me .More difficult than a PC The glass front comes off and you need rubber suction caps . My machine has been going since 2009 and I have a mac book pro same vintage . Will be Putting SSD into it go here to find out how ifixit.com all the information ..

I don't think I've ever put my hands on a Mac. I've been on the PC bandwagon since 1982 when I opened up my mainframe and mini mainframe support and supply company (Automated Data Supply). PC's came on big about the same time and haven't looked to switch since.

Mac is loved by many, but I can't find any reasonable cause to switch.
Hi well if it works for you stick to it . But do you ever have any virus or blue screens I did but I know now computers are like cars they need a little servicing . Thing was I always thought Mac users were snotty nerds till my friend showed me his one day that was it . The o/s well the latest one was free or almost and its based on industrial strength linux style core apparently . I am shooting for a new one soon the iMac 5K retina display .Apple - iMac with Retina 5K display I just love beauty inside and out maxing it to 32gig of ram . Connect that to my soon to get VPN server and sizzle .

Mac is great, but for doing affiliate business PC better
  • Ok can you explain that a little for me .
  • I was a PC user and well back then some things were my fault but it was only when I switched to Mac that I got complete reliability and never lost any data ..
  • Nowadays I have good back up but I do remember being down quite often spending more time with tech friends .
  • And uninstall a program Mac just drag it into the trash . simple .
  • It was always a contradiction the system with the most flaws was running the commercial world .
  • A funny thing whats good Enough for the President is good for me yes all the White House staff are Mac users.
  • This is google... you have to have a good reason to use windows
  • They predominantly use Mac, Linux, and even Chrome OS especially for sales and admin staff.
  • They used to use Windows before too but they made that change a couple of years back.
  • Development staff may and still do use Windows but everyone else has to have a very good reason to request to use a Windows machine.
Google bans Microsoft Windows on office computers
Google will no longer allow staff to use Windows on their machines because of security fears, according to reports

Well if the biggest Company on the planet says that has to be noted .

Goodbye Windows, Hello Linux and Mac, says Google
MORE LIKE THIS

Obama-using-his-Macbook-.jpg

Now I hope all you windows lovers are taking note as I have gone out and gathered you the facts nothing but the facts .

The first major decision most people make when purchasing a new computer is whether to buy a Mac or a PC. The two computers can seem a world apart, and both have diehard fans willing to defend their favorite's qualities. But have you ever noticed that Macs seem much more expensive than PCs? After all, you can walk into a computer store right now and walk out with a brand new PC for around $300. If you were shopping for a Mac, on the other hand, it would be impossible to spend less than $1,000.please note ...

So what's the deal with Mac pricing? Are they really more expensive than PCs?

As it turns out, there isn't much of a price difference between comparable Macs and PCs. If you built a PC to match what a baseline Mac offers -- with similar hardware, equivalent software, and all of the bells and whistles that come standard on a Mac tale of the tape is they are not the same same under the hood -- you'd actually be looking at two similarly priced computers [source:McCracken]. One company -- Tom's Hardware -- wanted to see if there was really a price difference. It built a PC to match the specs of a base model Mac Pro and found the price difference to be less than $6 [source:Nguyen].

So if Macs aren't more expensive than their PC counterparts, why can't you go out today and buy a Mac for a few hundred dollars? A lot of the price difference comes down to options and perceptions.

Computerworld | Jun 1, 2010 7:02 PM PT

I Have a iMac and a Macbook pro both 2009 and still going well if its good enough for the President that says something and well Google banned Microsoft long ago for security reasons ..

Looks like I said that ok well it happens .. love the Mac. and want to share I just got an email from hosting24.com I have been given a one month free trial or VPSx1 I will report my findings and look for some where to do that . We all have a need for speed and the cost .. I think it was about $26 a month more soon . Be like water my friends .

Hello,

Thank you for your honest and great review!
As promised, we have issued you a Free VPSx1 for submitting your opinion. This package
s valid for 1 month, later you will be able to let it expire, or renew it at a regular price.
You will find the server package in Members area > List Servers. Once again, it is a fully functional
VPS package with 1GHz CPU, 1GB RAM, 10GB Hard Drive, 1000GB bandwidth and a dedicated IP.
Thanks again, and congrats!
Regards,
Daniel R.,
Helpdesk Staff
http://www.hosting24.com

I Have a iMac and a Macbook pro both 2009 and still going well if its good enough for the President that says something and well Google banned Microsoft long ago for security reasons ..
Oh got if a democrat like Obamr or the other tyrant uses mac then I don't want to :(

Honestly this is a unnecessary debate. I didn't like Apple computers until I actually tried them and now basically all my products are from Apple. Its not for everyone - you either like it or not.

Im still using Windows/Android for certain things but the time I switched to Apple products my life got way easier.

Don't get me wrong - this is a different experience for everyone and maybe it might just be the opposite for you

Just be happy with whatever you like and don't start a fanboy war! : )

Honestly this is a unnecessary debate. I didn't like Apple computers until I actually tried them and now basically all my products are from Apple. Its not for everyone - you either like it or not.

Im still using Windows/Android for certain things but the time I switched to Apple products my life got way easier.

Don't get me wrong - this is a different experience for everyone and maybe it might just be the opposite for you

Just be happy with whatever you like and don't start a fanboy war! : )
HA there you are nearly all who don't like Apple Mac have never owned/used/or tried one thats it like people who have tattoos don't care if you don't and well its mainly the PC crowd who throw the first stone like the small man syndrome but there is something fanatical about Mac users it is a cult I feel . Could be worse .

banners
Back