The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Luxury via Facebook

August Hansen

affiliate
I've been grinding at this so hard the past few months and have learned a great deal. My clothes stink, my eyes hurt, my wife left me(jk). Anywho, my goal is to promote luxury affiliate items like high-end watches on FB. Not only is that something that I'm into, but something I feel is a niche I would be great in. Some questions:
  • Does anyone have any great resources as far as which affiliate programs to go for in this niche?
  • Any insight/strategies as to the best ways to research what is hot and selling currently?
  • Should I promote deals thru a certain network or should I seek out any particular affiliate programs?
  • Should I promote to FB thru my own ad's then to my landing pages, website or direct linking?
Any and all guidance is terrifically accepted and wonderfully appreciated! Cheers everyone!

I've been grinding at this so hard the past few months and have learned a great deal. My clothes stink, my eyes hurt, my wife left me(jk). Anywho, my goal is to promote luxury affiliate items like high-end watches on FB. Not only is that something that I'm into, but something I feel is a niche I would be great in. Some questions:
  • Does anyone have any great resources as far as which affiliate programs to go for in this niche?
  • Any insight/strategies as to the best ways to research what is hot and selling currently?
  • Should I promote deals thru a certain network or should I seek out any particular affiliate programs?
  • Should I promote to FB thru my own ad's then to my landing pages, website or direct linking?
Any and all guidance is terrifically accepted and wonderfully appreciated! Cheers everyone!

Keep in mind that the higher the cost of the prospect participation, the more you spend per prospect. A good marketer can easily get 100 leads for a $5 payout to your one $10k watch payout. Not saying don't do it, just want to be sure you understand there are many differences in the efforts, audiences, and payouts.

We have many high end offerings in our Resources area for Affiliate Programs. Stuff like furniture, travel, sun glasses, finance, and bunches of others to comb through.

I am not certain you will have the audiences you require for high end using FB. Maybe, but I can assure you that your daily spend would need to be put forth on highly targeted interests and groups.

Keep in mind that the higher the cost of the prospect participation, the more you spend per prospect. A good marketer can easily get 100 leads for a $5 payout to your one $10k watch payout. Not saying don't do it, just want to be sure you understand there are many differences in the efforts, audiences, and payouts.

We have many high end offerings in our Resources area for Affiliate Programs. Stuff like furniture, travel, sun glasses, finance, and bunches of others to comb through.

I am not certain you will have the audiences you require for high end using FB. Maybe, but I can assure you that your daily spend would need to be put forth on highly targeted interests and groups.

Good words, thanks for that. I'm going to dig deeper for some additional resources here on the fix. I'll keep you posted on my progress. Thanks again!

Since I used to do a lot of luxury items on FB I should chime in on this. I'm still selling Luxury but I stopped using Facebook since the end of March. Only because it's not needed for me anymore.

What I did was start a Luxury site 2 years ago. It's based around luxury item reviews and all that jazz. I did reviews on Luxury items and put affiliate links in the articles.

When It comes to facebook I never directly tried to sell a product over Facebook. I would have angles that indicated a sale but it would be stuff like " We have teamed up with XX watches to do an exclusive review. We are running a 24 hour deal for our readers."

On the review site I had optin e-mails to grow a list. It took a while but once I built up my audience things started to fall into place.

I was basically using facebook to drive traffic to my website and got sales at the same time. I tried fancy sale landing pages but I had more luck just driving traffic to reviews.

I give off the impression that by joining my Luxury site the visitors are getting exclusive deals that they can only get on that site. I also have long-term customers who will e-mail me asking if I have any good deals coming up etc. I then skype my affiliate managers asking if they have anything new on offer.

Anyhow to make a long story short Facebook can work but it takes ALOT of advert optimizing and time. Facebook worked well for me but I think my website and customer service did all the work. If I just used facebook and drove them to a sales page I wouldn't of done very well.

This isn't my site but this one is very similar. This is the biggest luxury site on the web. (visitor wise) Luxury Guides & Reviews by JustLuxe

Last edited:
Since I used to do a lot of luxury items on FB I should chime in on this. I'm still selling Luxury but I stopped using Facebook since the end of March. Only because it's not needed for me anymore.

What I did was start a Luxury site 2 years ago. It's based around luxury item reviews and all that jazz. I did reviews on Luxury items and put affiliate links in the articles.

When It comes to facebook I never directly tried to sell a product over Facebook. I would have angles that indicated a sale but it would be stuff like " We have teamed up with XX watches to do an exclusive review. We are running a 24 hour deal for our readers."

On the review site I had optin e-mails to grow a list. It took a while but once I built up my audience things started to fall into place.

I was basically using facebook to drive traffic to my website and got sales at the same time. I tried fancy sale landing pages but I had more luck just driving traffic to reviews.

I give off the impression that by joining my Luxury site the visitors are getting exclusive deals that they can only get on that site. I also have long-term customers who will e-mail me asking if I have any good deals coming up etc. I then skype my affiliate managers asking if they have anything new on offer.

Anyhow to make a long story short Facebook can work but it takes ALOT of advert optimizing and time. Facebook worked well for me but I think my website and customer service did all the work. If I just used facebook and drove them to a sales page I wouldn't of done very well.

This isn't my site but this one is very similar. This is the biggest luxury site on the web. (visitor wise) Luxury Guides & Reviews by JustLuxe

This is simply brilliant insight for what I am working towards. I am not focusing a quick payday, I'm looking to build an audience with patience and time. And I want to do this with luxury items just in the form you have suggested.

I have previously seen JustLuxe through my research and actually bookmarked it as one to reference so cheers on that.

Just wanted to express my thanks for taking the time to share such info. For me, gaining such an insight from someone that has been down this path and learning the do's and dont's is essentially gold.

I stay up on your blog as your posts just get better and better. Cheers and beers mate!

This is really good stuff. The more I spend time on this forum and warrioforum the more I learn stuff. At least on this site, I do not get confused by bullshit from people who pretend to know or think they know. On other sites they are gold nugget but often other info are crap and contradictory.

Keep it up guys, the noob that I am is finding this very helpful.

This is really good stuff. The more I spend time on this forum and warrioforum the more I learn stuff. At least on this site, I do not get confused by bullshit from people who pretend to know or think they know. On other sites they are gold nugget but often other info are crap and contradictory.

Keep it up guys, the noob that I am is finding this very helpful.

Hey seeqer, I see you're a Dojo member, what are your thoughts? I'm thinking of diving in.

Hey seeqer, I see you're a Dojo member, what are your thoughts? I'm thinking of diving in.

The Dojo is well worth the price.

In the Dojo, you have gold nuggets, good threads and some not so good but still useful threads. Not all threads are created equal but none of them are useless.

You get free responsive landing pages that you can change. You get access to free tools. You have guides on how to implement methods that you will not find in the public section of this forum.

You will find good tricks in the Dojo that I have not found anywhere online.

The only thing that bothers me about it, is that there is not enough training for complete newbies. This being said, stuff for newcomers can be found easily online so it is not a big deal.

What makes the Dojo worth it, are the tricks and the methods to can help make a campaign a good and a profitable one. Those are hard to find online. Those come from experience and trial and errors. You will find a bunch of these in the Dojo. When stuff work, people share some of their cool tricks in the Dojo.

Make a thread and ask about the Dojo. Others will tell you what they think of it.

The Dojo is well worth the price.

In the Dojo, you have gold nuggets, good threads and some not so good but still useful threads. Not all threads are created equal but none of them are useless.

You get free responsive landing pages that you can change. You get access to free tools. You have guides on how to implement methods that you will not find in the public section of this forum.

You will find good tricks in the Dojo that I have not found anywhere online.

The only thing that bothers me about it, is that there is not enough training for complete newbies. This being said, stuff for newcomers can be found easily online so it is not a big deal.

What makes the Dojo worth it, are the tricks and the methods to can help make a campaign a good and a profitable one. Those are hard to find online. Those come from experience and trial and errors. You will find a bunch of these in the Dojo. When stuff work, people share some of their cool tricks in the Dojo.

Make a thread and ask about the Dojo. Others will tell you what they think of it.

Thanks for the heads up! As you can probably see, I just went for it the other day. I honestly have had much of a chance to really sit down and go thru it, I've been working so much. Cheers and thanks again!

banners
Back