The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Lots of Newbie Questions here that need lots of pro answers

Diamond

affiliate
I just started with affiliate marketing using lazy ass stoner's crash course. I am really good at staying focused on things long term and self learning, I've already done this process 3 times. Mastering 2 things, and getting closer right now working on another area of my life. I know I'll definitely get this all down and be a boss financially down the road.

I have my site made. It's targeted toward some niche beginner guitar key phrases and words. I've got a click bank link on it and a few amazon affiliate links posted as well. It's all up on wordpress, I have google analytics installed with yoast, as well as with yoast's seo plugin, oh and jetpack. All of my posts have the approval of yoast's seo plugin except the homepage. I also have google fetching my posts at the moment. I have some questions though.

Post or Page? What would be the better option for ranking my phrases and words in Google long term?

Homepage? My site url has one of my keywords in it, should I just make my homepage the page that is targeted towards the keyword in the url? Right now, I just have my homepage displaying all my latest posts, will this mess up the targeted SEO from the other posts?

Backlinks. Should I just backlink my keyword, key phrase pages or the main page? How should I approach the use of anchor text for variety so that my backlinks don't look spammy.

Keyword/key phrase variation? It scares me that I won't see the effectiveness in rank if I don't use my keywords and phrases exactly. Any experienced comments will be appreciated.

Page Rank. How the hell do I see where my page is on Google? When will I know when Google has put my pages and site onto google? How do I track my rank?

My short term plan is to use my first site to fail a million times and eventually learn to make money with it, even if it's $1. Then to move onto site number 2 and refine the process. Then site 3 and so on, til I master these skills.

My long term plan right now is to master what lazy ass stoner does until I get to the point where I can quit my job and start putting my eggs into other baskets and diversify my streams of income.

I'm here for the long haul, so it's nice to meet all of you. I am looking forward to learning as much as I can and later on sharing that knowledge with others.

Last edited:
banners
Back