The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Looking for recommendations on a good first (and free) theme for a WP beginner

__jane__

I am just starting to learn how to build my first Wordpressed-based niche site and I am so confused what free theme I should go with that will have all the 'general' things that my niche site will need.

I could sure use your guidance in the direction of some good-look looking and 'newbie-intuitive' themes. I am currently completely overwhelmed with all my choices. :(

Well, I imagine it depends on what you want your site to offer and do. I'd definitely go with a responsive theme, meaning it appears correctly on any device - mobile or pc.

I had the same problem and since I haven't programmed since dBase+ was popular, it had to be easy and idiot-proof for me. In the end, I decided on Swift Basic (free) because it had what I thought I needed at the time and is responsive.

There are a lot of people with way more WP experience than I have. I'm sure they'll chime in.

Twenty Thirteen is a default theme bundled with WordPress - if you want to share your niche and what the site us to do I can look for some themes that may interest you :)

I was looking around and found this:
What WordPress Theme Is That?

It tells you what WP theme any site is running and what plugins they are using. I've found it really helpful to at least see what other people are running. :)

Twenty Thirteen is a default theme bundled with WordPress - if you want to share your niche and what the site us to do I can look for some themes that may interest you :)

I figured for my first niche experiment I would try to do supplements because well.ca has an affiliate program. I figured I could put together a bunch of articles for supplements for anxiety, weight loss, and stress relief since there are not a lot of Canada specific supplement pages with information

I am not really worried about making money first time out of the gate, I am mostly just looking for the learning experience. I take a lot of supplements and I also buy quite a few from well.ca so I figured might as well stick with a subject I know to start.

banners
Back