The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Long Time Affiliate, Finally Making Push to $100/day Consistently

Hey @CPAEXPERT! Very kind of you to pop in on my journey and give me words of encouragement!

You picked a perfect time for it...my campaign is dead in the water now and I am not sure why.

I thought I had everything figured out and would see the usual good conversion rate this morning when I checked. Instead I saw barely any click thru's to the offer even though I direct linked my ads to the offer because I need to completely redo my landing pages!

I just don't understand how Bing tells me I have 50 clicks, charges me for them, but only 10 visitors ever reach the link - something is seriously off.

My landers that I thought were doing great, now are doing terrible. I am going to rebuild them completely tomorrow.

Not even sure that will matter now, but I have to try something..

How are you checking your stats and see only 10 clicks on your link? Google Analytics or what? And if Google Analytics, in which report you're looking?

I've seen a similar technique being used by one of my friend, I'm not sure about the ROI, because they didn't add the cost into the tracking system.

All I see is that he's using ClickBank and got $1,200+ revenue in his Prosper202.
Your landing page works, give it more volume to test the correctly.
I mean you don't feel your water salty if you add 1g of salt into your 1L of water right?
Then you will say, nah it's a failure, I will skip it.

As an encouragement, here's my gift. :)
Gold_close.png

How are you checking your stats and see only 10 clicks on your link? Google Analytics or what? And if Google Analytics, in which report you're looking?

@ppcnewbie Bing reports the clicks per date or day based on starting at 12 a.m. PST
Google Analytics on my lander reports all visits. The user visits can be off, but not by 50% or more.
EnvyusMedia tells me the number of clicks and visits from my link.

The expected reading for direct linking is: Bing clicks = Envyus clicks.

Instead I am getting: Bing clicks = 2-3X Envyus clicks.

I will check with Bing later today about this issue. They will tell me everything is cool on their end:eek:
And that my other tracking must be off. But at least I will begin sorting it all out.

At least I got a conversion again!!

Now I see that conversions direct to the lander are about 5-7%...far from the 14-22% I had been getting.
Rebuilding the landing page today and running traffic again tomorrow.

I've seen a similar technique being used by one of my friend, I'm not sure about the ROI, because they didn't add the cost into the tracking system.

All I see is that he's using ClickBank and got $1,200+ revenue in his Prosper202.
Your landing page works, give it more volume to test the correctly.
I mean you don't feel your water salty if you add 1g of salt into your 1L of water right?
Then you will say, nah it's a failure, I will skip it.

As an encouragement, here's my gift. :)
Gold_close.png

@game333
What a brilliant cartoon!! Thanks a ton for chiming in and sending the mojo!

Yes, I am definitely continuing to restructure the campaign and will get it going again!

Cheers!

@game333 Thanks man! (I am assuming..) I am going to read that starting now.

Back to getting a few conversions with direct linking, but nowhere near the $0.50-$0.76 EPC I was getting before. Barely profitable and not really worth it. Getting my newest version of my landing page published by tonight. Then we will see if click throughs get back to 50%+ and conversions settle around 14-20%. Those numbers spell a nicely profitable campaign. At least now I can get much more traffic than I ever have been able to before.

Also reworking the @JakeMA lander tonight...running out of hours in the day to get my paid work completed and my AM work, but I enjoy the challenge plus I know that the sacrifice in sleep, social life, and anything else will pay off forever, once I crack the ROI and scaling code.

Getting back to work..

@game333 Finished reading it as promised and am already making a few changes. Through a lot of experimentation I can now burn through my budget, get sufficient clicks, and have a low CPC that has resulted in several days of very strong ROI.
I changed my tracking, modified my lander (why oh why did I do that!!) and managed to destroy a good thing.

Back to the basics on the lander..but the traffic is flowing reasonably well!

Thanks again for an excellent heads up about the Bing guide! I learned a lot from the suggestions..

Going to be working still on my campaigns - mostly one now that I am rebuilding but getting back to my other ones - in spare minutes here and there for the next 10 days as I am on a major road trip. I will keep pushing to get at least 2 hours in every day. One way or the other I will keep on pushing and updating this journey..

The reason I asked about how you checked the stats to compare with Bing clicks is because I had a similar "problem" with them, but after 1h chat it turned out they were indeed sending me all that traffic, but I was checking the stats in Google Analytics the wrong way and they were indeed sending me all that traffic.

But if you say their number differs also from EnvyUs stats, this is no nice... Still, get in touch with them, they turned out to be very nice and helpful, at least in my case.

@ppcnewbie Thank you for the info about your similar problem. I will check with Bing about it, but there is not much I can do either way to prove a case. My focus is improving the lander to get back to the conversion rate I enjoyed that was about 3x what I have now.

Since I am so short on time, I can only make small changes every day. The main thing is that I am adjusting the lander daily and will get it sorted in another day or two. Then I can run my campaign and make the most of my increased traffic.

Lesson learned - triple check tracking links, preserve/back-up high converting landers before modifying them, and check for bot traffic to get credit from PPC for them, if possible.

Pushed myself hard, can barely see straight because I was up at 14,800 feet in Colorado and not used to that altitude. Kicked my but. Had to work on some client projects but managed to get the lander rearranged to look much better on mobile. Mobile seems to be the major traffic source so I tweaked my lander for mobile, not desktop.

Turned on the campaign again. Hoping for much better conversions, nearing the 14% I was getting. Then the campaign would be back to health and I could tackle the MonsterAds campaigns, plus the other ones from Envyus.

Excited to see if my changes worked tomorrow.

I hammered my results again. After making changes I thought would work well for increasing conversions, especially frobum mobile visitors, I once again sent traffic to my offer and 0 conversions. Far worse results than direct linking.

Still traveling around CO and short on time for working on the landers. Finding time late and early to get the conversion rate I know I have been able to get.

Before my challenge was getting traffic - and that seems to be past.

All lander conversion work - all the time. That is my new motto.

Getting back to work on the lander and more testing tomorrow. Dropping my daily budget as I test. No reason to blow through a high budget when I am flailing with my landers.

More update tomorrow..

Not much to report today because I did not get the landers up to the standards I want to retest for conversions. I will make the changes tomorrow and restart the campaign. Weird to send more than 80 targeted leads to good offers and not get one conversion! It is almost like my lander was convincing visitors to not sign up..

This trip through CO is taking up much more time than I would like. Showing how much I want to get the top in AM and achieve this first goal, and then keep adding more campaigns - I actually thought about ending my trip early so I can devote all my time to campaigns. Too late for that now...I will do what I can while on the trip. When I return on the 16th, I will hit this journey much harder than ever.

Since I have been traveling and not able to work on my campaigns as much as I usually do, I decided to provide value to the affiliatefix.com community by discussing tools I use and my experiences with them.
1. Thrive Content Builder- Great for WordPress landers for desktop or tablet. Not for mobile as much. I now have to switch my method of creating landers because Thrive will not allow the flexibility I need to put an offer dense mobile lander up. If you are doing PPV, WordPress is probably too slow for you anyway. I will move to Adobe dreamweaver or something like it for flexibility for creating densely packed mobile landers. Thrive puts too much space between content.
2. Bevo Media- Found it a bit cumbersome to review my numbers. Also got weird tracking results.

Going back to Ads bridge now.
More later..

Since I have been traveling and not able to work on my campaigns as much as I usually do, I decided to provide value to the affiliatefix.com community by discussing tools I use and my experiences with them.
1. Thrive Content Builder- Great for WordPress landers for desktop or tablet. Not for mobile as much. I now have to switch my method of creating landers because Thrive will not allow the flexibility I need to put an offer dense mobile lander up. If you are doing PPV, WordPress is probably too slow for you anyway. I will move to Adobe dreamweaver or something like it for flexibility for creating densely packed mobile landers. Thrive puts too much space between content.
2. Bevo Media- Found it a bit cumbersome to review my numbers. Also got weird tracking results.

Going back to Ads bridge now.
More later..

Try Artisteer for WP Landing Pages. They have a trial period available.

Bevo can be a little tricky at first, but you will warm up to it.

@to tutor Thanks for advice! I will check Artist error out right away. I am itching to get my campaigns running again at their peak levels.

I suspect all of the issues I have had with the tracking tools comes down to user error. Even when I would get conversions to work with Bevo, I would lose at least 30%..pretty high.

Soon I will go to CPVlabs. @RobEnvyus recommended it so that is the way I will go eventually.

Other tools that I use..Serif draw plus for graphics and banners. Low end tool but easy to use and you can make any kind of banner or graphics for sites you can dream up. Have been using it for years and had some banners get good CTR''s while taking me less than an hour to create a full plate banner's in different sizes with animation. Best $40 for a graphics package I ever spent.

Another two days and I will be back on my normal schedule. For anyone considering a trip through Colorado, Do it!
I loved every minute of the natural wonders here. Now it is time to get back to work on affiliate marketing and completing my journey to $100/day consistently. To recount..my best total day so far has been about $29.95 income with $8.60 spent, net $21.35. Roughly 20% of the way there.

As I have learned, minor changes to a landing page cause huge swings in performance. My latest changes seemed to have crashed my results. From a steady 3-5 or more conversions per day to 0.

Getting back to my work starting on Tuesday, thankfully.

Will continue reviewing my tools and systems as I get moving again on the campaigns.

Hello All AffiliateFix'ers!

This is not quite the beginning of my journey with your forum, but close. I officially started on Friday but the system would not let me post my first journey entry.

I ended up getting amazing help already from Robert at Envyus Media. He completely opened my eyes to how much I don't know..and that is great step in the right direction. Will fill in more later tonight after I launch another campaign.

Going with CPA and several different traffic sources.
Using AdsBridge for tracking...and demonstrating the 50 ways to muck it up! o_O
Running dating offers from Envyus - Thanks Rob!
Using Bing, Mobicow, Mmedia and a few others for traffic so far until I find something that converts.

Thus far..spent about $20 across several sources..one conversion at $4.30 from Bing.

Have little clue as to the kw or ad the conversion came from. Yep, lots to learn.
Superb....Really useful.

banners
Back