The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Local Sports Team Sponsorship

Has anyone ever sponsored a small local sports team?

I would be interested to hear experiences on cost and effectiveness.

Not me personally but a few years back my son's football team at the time was sponsored by one of the dad's businesses.

He basically bought new kit for the team, and had his logo and website on them as his part of the deal.. Not sure how much kit costs though...

Seemed liked a good deal to get advertised like that every time they played , plus it looked good for him as he was supporting local kids...

Not sure that helps you at all lol! But thought I'd chip in with it!

It's a good idea for local businesses for sure, we should look into it!

That's what I'm thinking, could be a great idea.

Not me personally but a few years back my son's football team at the time was sponsored by one of the dad's businesses.

He basically bought new kit for the team, and had his logo and website on them as his part of the deal.. Not sure how much kit costs though...

Seemed liked a good deal to get advertised like that every time they played , plus it looked good for him as he was supporting local kids...

Not sure that helps you at all lol! But thought I'd chip in with it!

Similar stories here, know of businesses that have sponsored that I recognize so I'd imagine there is potential. Think I'll send a few inquiry emails today

If nothing else, I imagine that you could write it off as an expense (advertising/marketing/charitable donation) on your taxes. That plus the exposure and community goodwill could benefit everyone. Likely isn't cheap, though. Depends on the sport.

MI
Back