The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

links problems

donar

hi i am a bit new here , i have a problem with links in a sales letter i wrote .
i used , openoffice to type a 2 page sales letter, it looked ok when i had finished it , it was my very first effort at this sort of thing , there a " click here " link in the letter , this was to take anyone interested to the website etc of the people i am a new affiliate for , they handled everything after this.
it seems that the email address / link was not " live " by clicking it nothing happened , it was necessary for any interested party to actually type the link address in , could someone please advise me hoe to fix this problem , thanks donar and i hope you are all getting very rich .

Did you put the full link in? i.e. http:// at beginning?

Is the link inactive just for you? Have you had other people test it for you?

Did you double check that your html is configured correctly? It's super-easy to get just one character wrong, which throws the whole thing off.

hi thanks for your reply , yes definately put in http:// , also the link is in the sales letter 3 times , not sure what " html is figured correctly means " ? the vendor i am an affiliate for suggests i do the letter in plain text , i think i have done it in
PDF format ??
as i have said previously i am using openoffice, any further suggestions would be appreciated .
possibly i should have simply asked , " i am writing a sales letter using openoffice, how can i make sure the links i have in the letter are " " active " ", it must be reasonably to do , i receive plenty of similar sales letters where you click a link to be taken to the sender's web site etc , thanks again donar

(in fact there are 2 pop upS in the lower right hand corner of this affiliate fix page , one is asking me to " upgrade my personal avatar ", click here , and the other is "are you new to affiliate marketing ", click here and both of these are active , they are both working)

Live links usually look something like this when you view the code:

Click <a href="yahoo(dot)com">here</a> to go to yahoo.

I've never used OpenOffice but if I understand correctly, it is like Word. Can you highlight your text and hyperlink it, like you can in Word?

Edited and replaced the dot with word dot because it was automatically being converted to a live link.

In Word, you highlight the text you want to link then right click on the highlighted part and click hyperlink. Then type/paste your link. Easy peasy once you know where to find the right stuff.

In Word, you highlight the text you want to link then right click on the highlighted part and click hyperlink. Then type/paste your link. Easy peasy once you know where to find the right stuff.
hi thanks for your help , i have now fixed the problem , by clicking , hyperlink , regards donar

MI
Back