The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Likes on facebook, good or bad ?

MrPRinson

affiliate
Hey guys,
I was on facebook the other day and i came a cross a group called "like = like".
basicly the ground members (small business) give likes to each other in order to promote their pages.
Is this beneficial for those businesses?
Does it contribute to SEO in some way?

I actually would not suggest doing this. With Facebook's algorithms it could be harmful to your page, if anything.

Facebook monitors post engagement and uses that to determine where your post will show up in a user's newsfeed. If you have a bunch of unengaged users following you, those who do want to see your posts never will. Beyond that, if you do decide to 'boost' your posts using paid advertisements, you're going to be doing it to the wrong audience.

I actually would not suggest doing this. With Facebook's algorithms it could be harmful to your page, if anything.

Facebook monitors post engagement and uses that to determine where your post will show up in a user's newsfeed. If you have a bunch of unengaged users following you, those who do want to see your posts never will. Beyond that, if you do decide to 'boost' your posts using paid advertisements, you're going to be doing it to the wrong audience.

Thanks for reply,
What should be done if the page already have 10k likes but only 5% of them have true interest?
Boosting is a wast of money in this situation, so what actions could fix this?
Would it be better to just delete the page ?

I think the best strategy to fix past mistakes is going to be posting engaging content that is going to interact with your true users. It's going to be difficult, and you may need to use some paid promotion to get things to where they need to be, but I think that is a better strategy than deleting the page.

Yes it helps in imoroving the SEO of the sites that are being targeted. In fact it is the best way that you can use to get more likes form the facebook pages. There is always that trust that comes with having a page with very many followers and likes. It is the easiest way because you have cerated a platform where you do pooling of the likes and help each other grow as a family.

I have a Fanpage and I don't do like that. Because you should know : Like is not essential at quantity, but quality. The people who like you page really care your page, it's important

I have a Fanpage and I don't do like that. Because you should know : Like is not essential at quantity, but quality. The people who like you page really care your page, it's important

Do you have any tips as to how to attract more audience ? Actual ones who will actually care and have interest.

Hey guys,
I was on facebook the other day and i came a cross a group called "like = like".
basicly the ground members (small business) give likes to each other in order to promote their pages.
Is this beneficial for those businesses?
Does it contribute to SEO in some way?

I would say join relevant groups (in the same verticals etc) instead of the above. Also post relevant content that you can share from your page to those groups you joined :) I posted about 8-9 posts a day (in a 24 hour cycle) ranging from articles to memes to relevant hashtags (#tgif was really popular) and asked questions and interacted with my existing audience. I was able to go from 200K+ likes to around 550K in about a month :) I can't remember the exact numbers of my audience engagement anymore but i was able to get over 90-100+ comments on average.

I agree. Not only will you get a lot of fake likes (and users), FB's algo will very quickly figure out what's happening.

How to Avoid a Facebook Ban | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

MI
Back