The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

LeadImpact + Prosper202 + LP rotator

kidnico

Ok guys... so this is how it is. I usually dont ask many questions and google it myself but I need you for this one.

I set up tracking with prosper202 on my vps.
The thing is, it tracks impressions, but! But it doesnt track my CTR. Dont know why and need someone more experienced with prosper202 to tell me what could be wrong. Leads are tracked allright. It showed a conversion when i was testing it.

2nd thing that doesnt work is it doesnt show me what keywords/URLs are performing (from what target does the visitor come). It shows [no keyword].
I added %KEYWORD% at the end of my tracking link but it doesnt show it, instead it shows "%KEYWORD%".

There could be a problem with my rotator script too, that maybe doesnt "send" the data it receives or something. This is the rotator script:

PHP:
<?php
$k = $_GET['sub'];
$aff[] = 'http://xyz.com/lp/1/?t202id=666&t202kw=';
$aff[] = 'http://xyz.com/lp/2/?t202id=874&t202kw=';
$aff[] = 'http://xyz.com/lp/3/?t202id=181&t202kw=';
srand ((double) microtime() * 1000000);
$random_number = rand(0,count($aff)-1);
$lol = ($aff[$random_number]);
$lal = $lol.$k;
header("Location: $lal");

The script does its job and I see it sends impressions to my 3 lp's...

If you guys need more info, I can write it more in details with my html codes of landing pages and how i set up tracking in prosper. I assume tho, that some of you will probably know where the problem is.

Ohh, and yes I used peerfly in this case and put URL of the offer that ends with subid=

Finding people to help ya with p202 is one of the reasons I've moved my tracking with bevo.

But to me it seems your missing LP code on the lander,
have you made offer links?
so when a user clicks the offer on your lp it goes from yourLPcom/offer.php

You need to get the keyword from the traffic source, if it is available. I have set up prosper, but it is too tedious for small campaigns, so I just use a simple text file for now. I can download or copy it from smftp and just paste it into excell. For each campaign I set up I use a new redirect script, similar to what you have, so that I can log the data coming over and compare it to both the traffic source and the network's stats.
This is not ideal for large campaigns, but can give you a quick overview of what is happening when you first set up a campaign.

You can test the %keyword% token given by lead impact this way and still keep the rotator to prosper script in place.

1. Create a txt file "rd_log.txt" and give it 0777 permissions (chmod)

2. Put it in the same folder/directory as your rotator script

3. Copy and Paste this to the top of your php rotator script

Code:
$k = $_GET['sub']; 

$ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
$refer= $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'];
$domainR = $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'];
$pageR = $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];
$landing_page = $domainR.$pageR;

$date = date('M-d-Y');

//fileP needs the full location, unless it is included inside the same folder/directory as your rotator script

$FileP = "rd_log.txt";
	  $HandleP = fopen($FileP,'a');
	  $dataP =$date.",".$k.",".$aff_id.",".$landing_page.",".$ip.",".$refer."\n";
	  fwrite($HandleP, $dataP);
	fclose($HandleP);

If you still are seeing %keyword% then there is something wrong with the outbound link from lead impact.

Finding people to help ya with p202 is one of the reasons I've moved my tracking with bevo.

But to me it seems your missing LP code on the lander,
have you made offer links?
so when a user clicks the offer on your lp it goes from yourLPcom/offer.php

LP code on the lander?
By offer links you mean for each lander different link (different subid). i.e. for lp1 i got subid=lp1 and so on. Or you are talking about something else?

@Miles_Ahead - if I dont make it work, I'll try what you suggested to me also.

The thing is prosper didn't track my clicks from landing page to the offer.

Btw I put from prosper on each landing page it's own landing page code that i generated in tracking202:

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"> cbr202=Math.random()*10000000000000000;document.write('<scr'+'ipt language="JavaScript" src="http://202.xyz.com/tracking202/static/landing.php?lpip=3159&202cb='+cbr202+'" type="text/javascript"></scr' + 'ipt>'); </script>

Each lp has its own lp code. It says I have to put this code inside of the <body></body> what I did.

P.S. Does bevo has built in split testing for multiple landing pages or not?

Ok... I see why it didnt show CTR to me... I didnt put a php code in the landing page directorys and my links didnt go trough that php code.
About keywords and why it didn't show'em im not sure, but ill check now bevomedia (seems rly simple) and will let you know if everything works later/tomorrow :).

I maybe even start some case study where I explain how I do everything with some examples etc. Tnx for your time and suggestions guys :)

Ok... I see why it didnt show CTR to me... I didnt put a php code in the landing page directorys and my links didnt go trough that php code.
About keywords and why it didn't show'em im not sure, but ill check now bevomedia (seems rly simple) and will let you know if everything works later/tomorrow :).

I maybe even start some case study where I explain how I do everything with some examples etc. Tnx for your time and suggestions guys :)

Yeah the lp code was missed, just as i thought sometimes its the little things.
But im glad you got it figured out.

And About Bevomedia, yeah i find it a lot easier to use and always accurate data.

banners
Back