The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

LeadImpact bidding strategies/tricks

sihlous99

affiliate
leadimpacttips.png

LeadImpact bidding strategies/tricks

New to this forum so I thought I would throw a contribution out...I haven't done PPV in awhile and I've never seen this information anywhere so I'll just throw it out there. This was used on LeadImpact...I don't know if it works elsewhere but if they use the same methods of showing their ads it should.

LeadImpact Tips

So let's say for example you want to bid on leadimpact.com. Your pop-up will show whenever any of those letters are together in sequential order so here's what you do.

Bid on leadimpact.com
Bid on eadimpact.com
Turn off your bid on leadimpact.com
Bid accordingly on eadimpact.com

Now you can see what others are bidding on your chosen url and if you want to outbid them...You can and they can't see your bid. The other thing you can do for example if you can't outbid them is to keep bidding on lots of variations of the url. You might be bidding lower but you'll be bidding a lot more times...For example you could now bid on leadimpact.co leadimpact.c adimpact.com ... You get the idea....Now you have a bunch of smaller bids and a better chance of getting your ad shown.

I emailed LI specifically about doing this beforehand and they had no issues with it...Hope this helps. Depending on feedback I've got something else but I want to make sure this is useful and just known information. I figured it out on my own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great introduction to the forum - welcome! Looking forward to seeing more tips in here from you.

Cannot understand "Now you can see what others are bidding on your chosen url and if you want to outbid them...You can and they can't see your bid. " Can you please explain?

Sure...Let me give you an example off an old campaign that had to do with surveys.

Let's use... mysurvey.com which currently has bids of ... .0290... .0280... and .0210.

I can see these bids because I'm bidding on mysurvey.com. This is here just so I can see what other people are bidding. You can turn this off.

Now I will bid on say mysurvey.co or mysurvey.c ... They will get the pop-up whenever they go to any address that has those letters in the correct order. You could now bid 0.030 to be the top bidder. There are actually people bidding on mysurvey.co and mysurvey.c so that shows others are using it. There are even people bidding on .mysurvey.com... .mysurvey.co and other variants. You just want to be careful and make sure you don't put anything in that will get hits on other sites.

I hope this helps.

More strategies or explain more on that one? I'll try and remember...It's been awhile. I can say the above strategy works well for longtail urls too. Say you wanted to bid on this thread...Put a bid on affiliatefix.com to see what people are bidding and then you can outbid on the longtail for this thread at http://www.affiliatefix.com/threads/leadimpact-bidding-strategies-tricks.9105/#post-70027

I'll update more as I remember...Hopefully I'm not just posting stuff everybody knows.

Interesting strategy Sihlous99, I never thought of that. So in your first example the guy bidding 0.029 on leadimpact would see a sudden drop in traffic even though he is in number 1 spot. Now he will either not realize the decrease in traffic, see it but do nothing or see it and increase his bid a little bit. I guess 1+2 are more probable than 3, at least for the non-ultracompetitive KWs.

It definitely has it's uses...I think most people just check their bids to make sure they're in first. Hard to notice unless like you said it's a very competitive/profitable keyword.

One other thing I used with keyword bidding was to use the actual search url. If I'm up against... make+money+online...I can bid on: google.com/search?q=make+money+online It let's you narrow your bid to just google if you want and again it's hard to see.

MI
Back