The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Launching a forum

xploit

Are there any good guides on how to launch a forum from scratch?

Like how to promote it and encourage people to sign up and contribute...

I agree with K. I've launched a few over the years and actually just launched a new one a few weeks ago. Maintaining and keeping a forum live is tough. Especially with Facebook and social media taking over everything completely.

The key is commitment and consistency.

If you commit to years and I mean years and are consistent with keeping the forum fresh and updated you'll make it work.

I have recently vowed to stick to what I know and love and thats forums and my new company is going to be launching several over the next few years.

First you should decide on what the theme of the forum will be IM, dog trainers, train spotter, (membership, free) etc.... now there is alot of forum software online, just type it in on google youll find somthing forsure, get it hosted, everything setup on the front and back end... Next is promotion, so if your starting a forum about somthing you must a thing or two about the subject right? Position yourself as a leader... even if your not, IM for example: i know theres alot of groups on linkedin for IM, join them, network, promote your forum, but always make sure you provide good info (like a leader would), or people wont give shit, same for FB too, NETWORK... Build a list, provide a free ebook for a persons email, then at the bottom of every page of the ebook, "Join the Best (whatever) Forum in the World" with a link, and also every couple days send a email out to everyone promoting your forum or whatever.. make sure your forum has social button to share outside the forum, make sure the SEO is on point, the list goes on an on... The really question is, knowing all this now....are you willing to put in the Time and Hard WORK, it requires for you to succeed? Thats up too you. good luck Peace.

banners
Back