The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Large Affiliate Images on Page: load speed

P

positivecarry

Hi all,

Just noticed a post about keeping images small to make sure your page loads quickly. I have been using some pretty large affiliate images : width 157px, height 420px, size of file 13.28kb. I have only 6 or so of these on my site so far, but is this too large, will it kill my load speeds? Should I alternate between the text links and image links? I have dsl, but I am guessing that a percentage of my readership may still have dial up. Would you guys stick to only text links if you knew that a high % of readership was dial up? Is there anyway to tell what speed of a connection a person if viewing your site with?Any thoughts appreciated.

I don't know man, research it on your own , I am trying to make 20k this month on my PPC. :D

Geo, try to resize the images and make them less heavy.

Also, you can combine some images with some text links.

The point is to make your page loads faster because people don't like to wait... maybe your losing sales.

Thanks,
PV Reymond

size does matter...

Positive,
From my own personal experience test-links seem to work best. Also, small banner-ads are outperforming my flashy, multimedia-type banner-ads. It seems customers, as well as myself, want things simple, fast, and easy. Not surprising:)

Hope this helps,

MI
Back