The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Landing Page SEO

threenerds2014

affiliate
Is it necessary to emphasize SEO for landing page? I just use some keywords in my LP but seem to no result come from search engine. Anyone have some suggestion or have experience about this?

Depends, what you use it for really. But usually no since most landing/squeeze pages get direct traffic to them from advertising or however people are driving traffic to them.

It just depends what you use it for. I do see landing pages ranked all the time but the ones I see ranked are build for that purpose only

Not necessarily need SEO for landing page especially if you collect leads from it. They are often less targeting. SEO is almost dead you know.

When you say 'landing pages' I presume you mean you've setup a landing page for PPC or an email campaign and you want to know how this can affect your SEO?

In many cases, it's absolutely fine - if the page is unique, relevant to a search term it can be beneficial, it's good to have organic customers landing on your perfectly optimised landing page as well as PPC traffic.

However, if the page is essentially a duplicate of another page, let's say you have changed an image and the title for each landing page for a set of adgroups to make them match a PPC keyword, but the content is the same. This is probably a bad idea in terms of SEO, because the pages could be considered duplicate. In this case, keep your SEO-optimised page and add a No-index tag to your PPC landing page.

MI
Back