The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Landing page or no Landing page

swecoder

affiliate
After about a week's worth of PPC ads on 7Search promoting 4 different email-submits worth between $1.30 and $1.70 and just about to make my first sub-id cuts (I have about 250 clicks in total spread over the four different campaigns). I'm currently running at a loss, although I have 1-2 conversions per day.

However, I can see how this isn't exactly the most profitable thing in the world, but I can't help wondering in what way a landing page would benefit my campaigns.

All campaigns are email-submit and all campaigns convert on the first page. To me, and I'm an amateur so please be gentle, adding a landing page will only decrease conversion rates. I say this from a personal standpoint - I wouldn't want any extra pages between me and the submission process, that would only increase the likelihood of me dropping out.

Now, I can see why people using these campaigns to build their own lists would like a landing page, but how would that work then? Would I build a page with a form of my own where I'd let the user fill in their email and then pass them on to the CPA-page (where I'd populate the email-box for them, but they would still have to press submit).. Again, from a user perspective, I would be confused if I had to go through two steps and submit my email in both.

Comments?

I honestly think its all about testing from campaign to campaign, i cover this is the new guide briefly but i tend to think the higher paying the offer and the more the user needs to do, the more it needs to be explained. Therefore a landing page is a good choice - but testing is everything!

Agree with K, testing is everything.

I used to have a very similar view point to you, that as a user I wouldn't want another page in my way but it is definitely worth testing. Remember, they don't know that there is another page in their way before they reach the desired goal and in theory, by the time they do get to that page a % of them are going to keep going both out of curiosity and also the fact that 'they've come this far already, why stop now'.

By creating a landing page you are putting the ball in your court. It's down to you to convert your traffic and there are many angles to take with a submit offer.

As you said, if allowed you can also pre-pop the offer whilst getting the e-mail to submit to your list, win win. Takes that extra step out of the process for the user.

I too believe that LP can turn down the buying mood of the surfer unless you have a nice legit-looking landing page.

However I've got a landing page for an email submit offer that converts with over 0.8epc from SE traffic. My web site looks like an authority but in reality it's not. So that could be the reason.

With a list you can promote offers whenever you want. So ROI is not a problem.

MI
Back