The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Kim Krause Berg - Cre8pc

D

djbaxter

Kim Krause Berg is well known in the webmasters-SEO world. I'm posting this as one of those inspirational case studies showing what can be done with determination and patience.

Kim Krause Berg of Cre8pc.com Enters StartupNation Leading Moms in Business Competition
by cre8pc
January 26, 2009

Since 1995, my life has been frightening, filled with risks and sometimes miracles, fate and luck. I went from being an unemployed stay at home mom of young children, to being a divorced, single mom business owner with an entirely new career. I had set some personal, insane rules for myself back then:

1. Do not depend on anyone for anything.
  2. Co-parent my kids with their dad; joint custody
  3. Do not let the courts anywhere near us. (We mediated and wrote our divorce agreement so it would be fair.)
  4. Do not ask for or accept alimony, child custody or any support from ex.
In one year, I started freelancing at night and volunteering for unpaid work in trade for the practice in web design. By 1997, Cre8pc was my fallback side income. In 5 years, I was a User Interface Engineer for Verticalnet and I was able to take over the mortgage of my old house and my ex-husband moved out to live with his fiance. Three years later, I bought my own, larger house. A year after that, I remarried. Now, I pay for college for my daughter and the kids live here 70% of the time, by their choice.

The Cre8pc Website Promotion club in Yahoo! was launched in 1998 and relaunched in 2002 as Cre8asiteforums. That?s the same year I went to being self employed full-time. UsabilityEffect.com and Akesana.com are thriving and I?m working on a new website business that requires me to teach myself Drupal. In 1995, it all started with a 286 PC, WordPerfect, a very loud external modem , dial-up and a can-do attitude. I even had an AOL hosted website!

I decided to enter the Leading Moms in Business 2009 Competition because these are difficult times for men and women and I?d like to encourage people to go for it. Both moms and dads face the challenges of trying to raise families and earning enough money to keep their house. I?ve always offered a low-fee version of my services for people who need genuine, caring support that isn?t going to cause them financial hardship to pay for. I?ve never forgotten how hard it is to start out.

Please Vote For Kim Krause Berg of Cre8pc.com in the StartupNation Leading Moms in Business Competition.

...more

banners
Back