propellerads adcombo
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Keyword Management on live campaign.

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click' started by tom804, Nov 30, 2015.

1. tom804

tom804 Affiliate affiliate

So i'm running a new campaign on Bing of course. Recently looked at my keywords and I've noticed that a few are below first page big and low search volume? Just wondering what do you guys/gals do with keywords like this. Also do you pause bad performing keywords or delete them?

2. Dispply

Dispply Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

I believe that there still some profit, otherwise there won't be any purpose in running them.

3. tom804

Yeah but do they affect your campaigns quality score?

4. azgold

azgold Moderator moderator affiliate

Re the low volume keywords, are they super targeted?

5. tom804

Yeah they're pretty targeted.

6. FrederickSEO

FrederickSEO Affiliate affiliate

hello, i am running bing too but no good result yet.
    imo i will let them alive about 2-3 days, if they can't bring 1 impression/day, then i cut them down.
    do you use LPs man?

7. internalsoul

internalsoul Moderator moderator affiliate

tom804 Are your keywords broad or exact?

8. azgold

That was going to be my next question. :)

I've had things slow to a halt using exact; ran through my entire budget in seconds flat using broad. (Not Bing)

Re bad performing keywords, I paused them if they were well-targeted. Have no idea if that affected anything score-wise.

tom804 likes this.
  9. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Affiliate affiliate

I usually work on high search volume keywords as well as high competition. The CPC cost a little bit higher as well as always concern about the competitors. But this is fun. When I bid others I got huge click and quality leads. Spy tools help me a lot to stick my position.

azgold and tom804 like this.
  10. tom804

Yeah I always use a landing page.

Actually I bid using broad modified, phrase, and exact all in one ad group for each keyword.
    Yeah that's what I usually do as well. High volume but costly keywords. This time around I wanted to try using a lot of low volume cheap keywords. For awhile it seemed to be going well (bringing in $144 bucks a day). Things have since dropped off. At this point now i'm only pausing keywords that have a quality score of 6 or less. Low volume search words i'm letting run since I believe they have no affect on anything what so ever. I've also started using rotate ads more evenly instead of optimized for clicks.

azgold likes this.
  11. Lambo

Lambo Affiliate affiliate

which spy tools do you recommend?

12. tom804

Can't tell if its a waste of time targeting all three match types.

13. azgold

Maybe pause two and test them one at a time? Keep pruning in each group until you have the best performers then let 'er run?

14. tom804

I dunno I think my problem is i've got one Ad Group with over 400 keywords. At that point its a bit unmanageable.

15. azgold

That is a lot to prune down, although tracking should be able to tell you which kws are your top performers. Maybe it's too soon to determine that.

I think it's normal to have a mix but would it be easier to set up a new campaign for each category (broad, exact, phrase) of kws...assuming you have your lists saved somewhere?

16. tom804

When you say new campaign for each category do you mean like this.

Campaign > Broad keywords only
    Campaign > Phrase keywords only
    Campaign > Exact keywords only

17. azgold

Yup. If your tracker isn't giving you enough kw info to make it obvious, would it be easier to just initialize things this way then take the winners of each category and put them together into a prize-winning-money-makin' recipe?

Featured Resources (View All)

adsxposed