The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Keyword Competition Checking

BeLarge

affiliate
Hi everyone,
I want to start website and earn some money with ClickBank affiliate program.
I'm a beginner in the "world" of Internet Marketing so everything that I do, I do carefully because I'm pretty scared of losing all of my money.
As I understood, before I'm ranking my website I need to check the competition of the keywords that I'm going to rank for.

I don't have a lot of money, I got only about $50 to invest. What program do you recommend me to use for checking keyword competition? There is any free programs?

Thanks in advance,

BeLarge.

P.S. If there's any advices that you can give for someone who's starting his first projects (like me) I definitely will be happy to get them.
Thanks again :)

Hi everyone, I want to start website and earn some money with ClickBank affiliate program.

Easy enough, not real difficult. Follow the advice at the end of this post.

I'm a beginner in the "world" of Internet Marketing so everything that I do, I do carefully because I'm pretty scared of losing all of my money.

You are not losing money, you are investing in your business. This is a business, so treat it as a business.

As I understood, before I'm ranking my website I need to check the competition of the keywords that I'm going to rank for.

Ranking your site(s) does not rely on your competitors keywords as much as the quality of your content and the frequency of new content. You must rank your site for the relevant keywords and content of your own site. You should, however, research your competitors meta keywords.

I don't have a lot of money, I got only about $50 to invest.

Maybe get a part time job so as to properly fund your business.

What program do you recommend me to use for checking keyword competition? There is any free programs?

Google Keyword Planner
Google Suggest

If there's any advices that you can give for someone who's starting his first projects (like me) I definitely will be happy to get them.

Read and learn through extensive reading in this community. Select one vertical. one tracker, and one traffic source. Learn from your fellow members here to master each one of them (a couple of months). Then you can expand and replicate your successes.

As a Newbie, you need to read, study, invest, and implement. Perseverance, dedication, and taking action are the cornerstones of the success you will obtain.

Read
Read through the various areas of the forum to learn about the types of marketing available for your new business. Make a list of all the types of marketing and take some notes along the way. Then determine which area of marketing with which you will start your journey.

Do this to select an area of marketing to start, as well, do this to select a tracker, a traffic source, and to select a vertical.

Then read up on the affiliate networks and select two to begin with that will serve your needs and the types of offers you would like to promote. Put your application in and they will call you for an interview. Be professional and be prepared to answer some questions about how you will promote offers, do you have a website, are you a Newbie, etc. Please note, if you join the Dojo, we have a thread there that can offer assistance in getting accepted to some of the networks.

Study
Now that you have selected a basis to begin, read all of the threads in this forum that relate to your initial selections so that you have a rudimentary understanding of their features and benefits.

Invest
You will require some investment. A VPS server, domains, traffic, landing pages, etc. You will need a budget for daily, weekly, and monthly expenses. This will change over time and you will need to update it often so that you know exactly what your costs and earnings are.

Implement
This is where it all starts to earn. You must now begin to implement what you have established as your foundation for your business.

Here is some advice and guidance that will help you establish your initial goals:

Make sure you complete the following first.

Every business needs:

1. a plan
2. a schedule for research, learning, and execution
3. a budget.

Remember to read through our WIKI and get to know the basics as well as some of the buzz words in the industry.

I also recommend reading the following thread:

As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started

Here is a set of immediate goals:

1. Get a VPS
2. Select a vertical
3. Select a tracker
4. Select a couple of networks and get your approval
5. Select a traffic source
6. Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
7. Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
8. Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

As well, I highly recommend you join the DOJO as it is full of great tools and contributions for successful marketers. Click the banner below to learn more.

Remember This! : Nothing has to be perfect before you start. Read & study, but invest and implement at the same time. You cannot learn all of it from reading and studying. A great deal of your learning comes from implementing!

Good Luck!

T J

Easy enough, not real difficult. Follow the advice at the end of this post.

You are not losing money, you are investing in your business. This is a business, so treat it as a business.

Ranking your site(s) does not rely on your competitors keywords as much as the quality of your content and the frequency of new content. You must rank your site for the relevant keywords and content of your own site. You should, however, research your competitors meta keywords.

Maybe get a part time job so as to properly fund your business.

Google Keyword Planner
Google Suggest

Read and learn through extensive reading in this community. Select one vertical. one tracker, and one traffic source. Learn from your fellow members here to master each one of them (a couple of months). Then you can expand and replicate your successes.

As a Newbie, you need to read, study, invest, and implement. Perseverance, dedication, and taking action are the cornerstones of the success you will obtain.

Read
Read through the various areas of the forum to learn about the types of marketing available for your new business. Make a list of all the types of marketing and take some notes along the way. Then determine which area of marketing with which you will start your journey.

Do this to select an area of marketing to start, as well, do this to select a tracker, a traffic source, and to select a vertical.

Then read up on the affiliate networks and select two to begin with that will serve your needs and the types of offers you would like to promote. Put your application in and they will call you for an interview. Be professional and be prepared to answer some questions about how you will promote offers, do you have a website, are you a Newbie, etc. Please note, if you join the Dojo, we have a thread there that can offer assistance in getting accepted to some of the networks.

Study
Now that you have selected a basis to begin, read all of the threads in this forum that relate to your initial selections so that you have a rudimentary understanding of their features and benefits.

Invest
You will require some investment. A VPS server, domains, traffic, landing pages, etc. You will need a budget for daily, weekly, and monthly expenses. This will change over time and you will need to update it often so that you know exactly what your costs and earnings are.

Implement
This is where it all starts to earn. You must now begin to implement what you have established as your foundation for your business.

Here is some advice and guidance that will help you establish your initial goals:

Make sure you complete the following first.

Every business needs:

1. a plan
2. a schedule for research, learning, and execution
3. a budget.

Remember to read through our WIKI and get to know the basics as well as some of the buzz words in the industry.

I also recommend reading the following thread:

As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started

Here is a set of immediate goals:

1. Get a VPS
2. Select a vertical
3. Select a tracker
4. Select a couple of networks and get your approval
5. Select a traffic source
6. Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
7. Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
8. Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

As well, I highly recommend you join the DOJO as it is full of great tools and contributions for successful marketers. Click the banner below to learn more.

Remember This! : Nothing has to be perfect before you start. Read & study, but invest and implement at the same time. You cannot learn all of it from reading and studying. A great deal of your learning comes from implementing!

Good Luck!

T J

WOW! Thanks a lot man! You really helped me and I really really appreciate it!
Sorry if I'm bothering but I got one last question-
I don't know what traffic source should I choose. I'm looking around SEO but it looks pretty "boring" for me. What do you recommend me to do?

I don't know what traffic source should I choose. I'm looking around SEO but it looks pretty "boring" for me. What do you recommend me to do?

Hi BeLarge,

If you are building a site then SEO will be in everything you do from design to content (if you are using a site builder mostly content)

You only have $50 to invest so use that for your domain and hosting, but you will be the one writing your content.

the Biggest thing that i can recommend to you is pick a niche that you are extremely interested in and that you will enjoy researching and writing articles and stories about.

If you pick a topic of little interest to you then it will be much easier for you to become bored and for content writing to feel like a chore rather than what you really want to do.

so step 1. Find out what interests you and what you want to teach/tell the world about.

I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

Hi BeLarge,

If you are building a site then SEO will be in everything you do from design to content (if you are using a site builder mostly content)

You only have $50 to invest so use that for your domain and hosting, but you will be the one writing your content.

the Biggest thing that i can recommend to you is pick a niche that you are extremely interested in and that you will enjoy researching and writing articles and stories about.

If you pick a topic of little interest to you then it will be much easier for you to become bored and for content writing to feel like a chore rather than what you really want to do.

so step 1. Find out what interests you and what you want to teach/tell the world about.

I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

Thanks man. I think I already found niche like that ;)

1. If you are using a Landing Page, or direct linking, then you will simply be driving traffic (hopefully paid traffic) to the page or offer. I never use free traffic as a primary traffic source. I don't think a landing page (in the traditional sense) is going to get you any significant traffic or conversions from SEO alone. SEO is a secondary, and usually a tertiary traffic source subordinate to paid traffic.

2. If you are using a niche site that is part of a funnel, and you use the paid traffic methods available, then SEO can (and will) be of service to you as it is a great support for sites with valid, valuable, and regularly updated content.

I don't recommend considering anything as boring, or taking any emotional position, when considering proper business decisions. If it's something you are unwilling to learn, then get someone to do it for you. That's what entrepreneurs must do when they have self imposed roadblocks.

As for which traffic source, that will rely heavily on your niche and your marketing plan.

Id hate to burst your bubble @BeLarge but when I first got started with SEO, I had very little money aswell. I very quickly fell into several traps entering into the SEO & CPA marketing business. I suggest you get a job and make atleast 500$ then try to learn SEO and internet marketing. You wont get far with 50$ online. I can suggest to do keyword competition you find some group buys with majestic,moz,semrush and maybe get market samurai and watch some guides on how to read SEO competition data and look for what you can and cant rank for.

1. If you are using a Landing Page, or direct linking, then you will simply be driving traffic (hopefully paid traffic) to the page or offer. I never use free traffic as a primary traffic source. I don't think a landing page (in the traditional sense) is going to get you any significant traffic or conversions from SEO alone. SEO is a secondary, and usually a tertiary traffic source subordinate to paid traffic.

2. If you are using a niche site that is part of a funnel, and you use the paid traffic methods available, then SEO can (and will) be of service to you as it is a great support for sites with valid, valuable, and regularly updated content.

I don't recommend considering anything as boring, or taking any emotional position, when considering proper business decisions. If it's something you are unwilling to learn, then get someone to do it for you. That's what entrepreneurs must do when they have self imposed roadblocks.

As for which traffic source, that will rely heavily on your niche and your marketing plan.
Id hate to burst your bubble @BeLarge but when I first got started with SEO, I had very little money aswell. I very quickly fell into several traps entering into the SEO & CPA marketing business. I suggest you get a job and make atleast 500$ then try to learn SEO and internet marketing. You wont get far with 50$ online. I can suggest to do keyword competition you find some group buys with majestic,moz,semrush and maybe get market samurai and watch some guides on how to read SEO competition data and look for what you can and cant rank for.

you can try out iWebTool Search Engine Position Checker,Like Google Rank Checker, iWebtool Position Checker is another handy utility which helps users track keyword positions. The utility is simple and easy to use. All you have to do is type the keyword you want to search, and you’re done!

$50 is not much at all, but if that is all you have, start anyway, and don't spend any future money on other stuff. All money in and no money out has to be your motto.

For you to be able to realize the traffic and the ranking you are talking about, then you need to make sure that the SEO of your website is well taken care of. It will help improve your entire ranking on the google indexing. You can always use the google keyword planner so that you may be able to identify the ones that will bring lots of traffic to the site. It is always a game of proper plan and research work.

P.S. If there's any advices that you can give for someone who's starting his first projects (like me) I definitely will be happy to get them.
Thanks again

banners
Back