The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Just me luck.

yaboiluck1

affiliate
just wanted to say hello to the forum,moderators if any...just started in AM...read all the reasons why newbies dont get started/fail...

i can relate to more than half of those reasons/excuses...doubting my self seems to be my biggest foe...sometimes i am my own worst enemy...

anyway again hello!

"why be afraid of what you want?"

luck.

Welcome! Glad you are already making good use of this awesome community. I'm one of the members who posted reasons/excuses to that thread you mentioned. Most of us have at least one stumbling block when starting out but here, we're all in it together. It's one of the things I love about this forum.

If you have any questions or concerns, just let us know. There's lots of support and knowledge available, just for the asking.

Best of luck to you!

Welcome!

I have been where you are, and actually not very long ago. I started affiliate marketing about 6 months ago, jumping from one shiny object to another. Sloppily trying out one traffic method after another. Sending out one message about a campaign, hoping for people to click through and buy, and then state that it "clearly doesn't work".

Two months ago I decided to stop everything I was doing and just "sit the f-k down and think for a second" (my own thoughts cited). I started a new website and decided to focus all my time on this one website. Today it's profitable. It's not very impressive yet, but it's making money and I've earned more than what I paid for my domain, which means I'm running it completely free for another 10 months since I already had signed up for the hosting before. In my opinion, 10 months is a long time to have a chance of earning some real money from a site that is already profitable.

You've read the most common reasons why beginners have are hesitant to taking action. Good! Now you are able to identify exactly which kind of thoughts to shut out. Keep believing in yourself. All the work you put into your project will pay off eventually.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you will make a profit from the get-go. More than likely, you will fail a few times before you start to see some cash coming in, but that's good. It means you'll never, ever make those same mistakes again. The more it hurts, the less you'll repeat it. :)

Once you set a goal and start taking action towards the goal - and that goal only (don't jump around thinking you can master everything simultaneously - like me) - you will see what works and what doesn't. You will be able to focus on the stuff that works and filter out the methods which don't.

This is something you need to understand. Anybody can make money online. However, it takes discipline and a lot of patience. It requires a constant will to learn how to improve, and an acceptance of failure. The more ready you are to fail, the sooner you can dust setbacks off your shoulder and keep moving.

I know this all sounds pretty abstract and I've probably missed a lot of things, but I'm trying to give you my story in a way that you can learn from some of the biggest mistakes I've made so far.

To keep it short, what I'm trying to say is this: Set a goal, work towards it, never drift off-course and always find ways to take action.

Finally, I'd like to quote Jay Wessman, an excellent internet marketer and a great video tutor. He's the one who's responsible for the biggest part of the mindset which got me to where I am today. This is something that always rings inside me when I don't feel motivated or inspired. It gets me through those cumbersome days - every... single... time! :)

"The absolute worst thing you can do is to give up before you even give yourself time to succeed."

I hope you find found post useful. Please keep in mind that the things I've written are my own opinions and I'm sure that other people will have some other/great advice for you!

Don't hesitate to ask for help. I've only been here for a few days and I've received plenty of helpful answers already. :)

banners
Back