The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

[JOURNEY] to make $5000/month with TeeSpring

Almost done with my 6th t-shirt design. I will probably design 4 more T-Shirts in the same niche and launch them all with an advertising budget of $5/day on each t-shirt.

@Shanr02,

I enjoyed reading your thread.

Since it's a part of my thread as well, I especially enjoyed and found value in the personal story along the way. That's what makes it relatable and connects you with others (just my opinion, which I sometimes give too freely ;))

It seems that the only barrier to success in all of AM, and indeed all of the great achievements in life, is persistence. Just my humble opinion, but there are a great many people (myself included), who try a method because they bought some program/course/product that says if they'll just follow this easy push button method, they will succeed.

There are some stories like that, but they are the definitive minority. What guarantees success is persistence, past the point that most people say "this doesn't work" and move on. There is a poem I love called "Don't Quit" by anonymous, of which part is applicable here:

For life is queer with it's twists and turns,
as every one of us sometimes learns,
and many a failure turns about,
when he might have won had he stuck it out,
so don't give up though the pace seems slow,
you may succeed with another blow.

You'll do it, because you won't give up. All the best. I will enjoy reading along to see how things are going.

As always,
Here's to your success!

@Shanr02,

I enjoyed reading your thread.

Since it's a part of my thread as well, I especially enjoyed and found value in the personal story along the way. That's what makes it relatable and connects you with others (just my opinion, which I sometimes give too freely ;))

It seems that the only barrier to success in all of AM, and indeed all of the great achievements in life, is persistence. Just my humble opinion, but there are a great many people (myself included), who try a method because they bought some program/course/product that says if they'll just follow this easy push button method, they will succeed.

There are some stories like that, but they are the definitive minority. What guarantees success is persistence, past the point that most people say "this doesn't work" and move on. There is a poem I love called "Don't Quit" by anonymous, of which part is applicable here:

For life is queer with it's twists and turns,
as every one of us sometimes learns,
and many a failure turns about,
when he might have won had he stuck it out,
so don't give up though the pace seems slow,
you may succeed with another blow.

You'll do it, because you won't give up. All the best. I will enjoy reading along to see how things are going.

As always,
Here's to your success!
Thanks for that inspiring post!

I totally agree that there isn't any online courses that can teach you some magical formula on how to make money online. I have fallen victim to some of these courses. When I started my journey to make money online I was feeling like shit because these methods hardly ever work. But when I started taking action I felt so much better even when I was failing. I think its much better to post on forums asking questions, starting journey threads and just taking action. I've learnt so much more from losing money on ads rather than spending money on courses. But one course I do want to buy is the DOJO. Once I start making money I will buy it!

I promise you guys this. I AM NEVER GOING TO GIVE UP! Even if my TeeSpring journey fails I will figure out some other
way to make money. But I will do EVERYTHING it takes to make my teespring a journey a success and hopefully you guys could also learn from this!

I am almost finished with all my designs. I am going to make the effort to post at least once a day on this thread. Posts about how I am keeping the right mind set and about my TeeSpring campaigns.

UPDATE: LAUNCHING 9 CAMPAIGNS

So I've just finished designing 9 t-shirts within the same niche and launched all of them with a $5/day budget on Facebook. I also designed another 5 t-shirts for another niche and I will be launching all of them after I see how these nine campaigns go.

I am going to try launching at least 3 campaigns a day because I really don't want to slow down. I'm learning a lot from each of the campaigns I've been launching. So the more I launch, the more I learn and the faster I get to my successful t-shirts.

Ask me any questions you have and give me any advice you have. I will update you guys in 24 hours.

I think the problem might not be in the design of the t shirt but on your landing page, you are getting 3% from facebook but them people go to your page your are only getting 0.22% you might want to change a few things just to see if it improves

UPDATE: LAUNCHING 9 CAMPAIGNS (GOT ONE SALE 12 Hours after)

After launching all 9 campaigns I got one sale. Below are stats for each shirt so far.

T-Shirt ONE:
  • The ad wasn't approved for some reason. It said "Your ad can't refer to the viewer's attributes (ex: race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, name)" I didn't mention any of the examples they showed so I'm not really sure what went wrong. I might give it another try.
T-Shirt TWO:
  • Ad budget: $5/day
  • Ad Spent: $2.19
  • Impressions: 260
  • Clicks: 16
  • Click Through Rate: 6.15%
  • Click Through Rate (Link): 0.77%
  • Cost Per Click: $0.14
  • Shares: 1
  • Sales: 0
This shirt had a really high click through rate but the number of conversions are very low. I think this is one of those shirts that people will like and share a lot but no one would actually buy it.

T-Shirt THREE:
  • Ad Spent: $2.13
  • Impressions: 282
  • Clicks: 12
  • Click Through Rate: 4.26%
  • Click Through Rate (Link): 0.35%
  • Cost Per Click: $0.18
  • Shares: 2
This shirt also has high click through rate. Anything above 4% is a good CTR but still no sales

T-Shirt FOUR:
  • Ad Spent: $2.12
  • Impressions: 325
  • Clicks: 10
  • Click Through Rate: 3.08%
  • Click Through Rate (Link): 0.62%
  • Cost Per Click: $0.21
  • Shares: 0
This shirt didn't work at all so I ended the campaign

T-Shirt FIVE
  • Ad Spent: $2.10
  • Impressions: 345
  • Clicks: 15
  • Click Through Rate: 4.35%
  • Click Through Rate (Link): 0.87%
  • Shares: 1
This one also had a high CTR but still no sales.

T-Shirt SIX
  • Ad Spent: $2.10
  • Impressions: 225
  • Clicks: 7
  • Click Through Rate: 3.11%
  • Click Through Rate (Link): -
  • Cost Per Click: $0.30
This shirt has a very low CTR and CPC is way too high so I paused it.

T-Shirt SEVEN
  • Ad Spent: $2.12
  • Impressions: 278
  • Click Through Rate: 3.60%
  • Click Through Rate (Link): 1.44%
  • Cost Per Click: $0.25
This one is interesting because a lot of people are click through the link on the post to TeeSpring but the likes, shares, and sales are low.

T-Shirt EIGHT
  • Ad Spent: $2.54
  • Impressions: 278
  • Click Through Rate: 3.60%
  • Click Through Rate (Link): 1.44%
  • Cost Per Click: $0.25
T-Shirt NINE
  • Ad Spent: $2.85
  • Impressions: 394
  • Clicks: 21
  • Click Through Rate: 5.33%
  • Sales: 1
  • Profit: $4.15
This is by far this best performing shirt. It got one sale with an ad spend of $2.85. This is a profit of $4.15 (my first profitable shirt) but I still have to sell at least three shirts to take these profits. So I'm definitely going to scale and optimise this campaign.

CONCLUSION:
I picked three shirts to continue with and I am going to get rid of the rest. T-shirt two, eight, nine. These three t-shirts have high CTRs and many people actually click through the link on the post.

Right now I am going to design three more shirts within the same niche to test. I will give you guys another update soon.

If you guys have any advice or any question please comment below.

Last edited:
I am also thinking of new ways to do low cost testing. I might try putting four t-shirts with numbers on them in one image. Then I will do a PPE campaign with $5/day budget and ask people to comment on which shirt they would buy. What do you guys think of this idea?

UPDATE:
So got all the results and no sales but noticed something interesting. I tried a split test with an ad with the shop now button. Like the image below:
08716ada4582cf3dd6e92cdd3cde3792.jpg

The ad above got way more clicks to my TeeSpring page. Usually I do my ads with photo post and boost it. Like the image below:
3d4f4d50a50b2b392a0b31823a2c5405.jpg

With the shop now ad I got:
  • 222 impressions
  • 5 clicks to my teespring page
  • 3 likes
  • 0 shares
  • 0 comments
  • $1.37 ad spend
With the boost post ad I got:
  • 1921 impressions
  • 7 clicks to my teespring page
  • 53 likes
  • 14 shares
  • 2 comments
  • $12.51 ad spend
Even though I got more likes, shares on the boost post ad I think the clicks to my TeeSpring campaign is what matters most! Then Facebook would show the ad to people that are more likely to go to my TeeSpring my page.

Right now I am designing two more shirts and will be launching them tonight

So far I've had 11 failed campaigns but I'm gonna keep grinding!

One thing I'd say is don't use the boost post option, I've not heard one person say that's the way to do it and I've never used it myself. Always use Power Editor and create what you want to target properly.

Boost will aim to get people engaged with the post, whereas with an ad you create you can target conversions. This means that Facebook will show your ad to people who are the kind that convert, not just those that click like on things.

One thing I'd say is don't use the boost post option, I've not heard one person say that's the way to do it and I've never used it myself. Always use Power Editor and create what you want to target properly.

Boost will aim to get people engaged with the post, whereas with an ad you create you can target conversions. This means that Facebook will show your ad to people who are the kind that convert, not just those that click like on things.

Yea I took some courses that said to to use boost post but it's quite useless. I'm only gonna use the ad with shop now button. I'm launching two shirts today.

I'd be interested to see the difference between an ad with shop now, and one with no CTA button and just the link in the top few lines of ad copy. Have you tried that? A lot of tee ones seem to not have a CTA button so I'm intrigued!

I'd be interested to see the difference between an ad with shop now, and one with no CTA button and just the link in the top few lines of ad copy. Have you tried that? A lot of tee ones seem to not have a CTA button so I'm intrigued!
Yea I'm gonna try split test the two.

UPDATE: LAUNCHED TWO SHIRTS

Just launched two new shirts. This time I tried two ads with the shop now button and without the button. Also this time I didn't use boost post. I just linked them directly to the teespring page.

I will give you guys the results in 12 hours.

UPDATE: GOT ZERO SALES

So I tried two a campaigns with the shop now button and terrible results on both of them. Below are the results:

T-Shirt ONE
  • Ad budget: $10/day
  • Ad Spent: $3.70
  • Impressions: 449
  • Click Through Rate: 1.54%
  • Click Through Rate (Link): 0.66%
  • Cost Per Click: $0.53
T-SHIRT TWO
  • Ad budget: $10/day
  • Ad Spent: $3.47
  • Impressions: 356
  • Click Through Rate: 1.97%
  • Cost Per Click: $0.50
On the next campaign I am going to try different angles within the same campaign. I'll try different colored shirts on the ads, different messages, different styles, etc.

banners
Back