propellerads adcombo
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Journey to $100+/day Education LeadGen using Facebook Ads

Discussion in 'Follow Alongs and Online Journeys' started by sanjaya, Jul 27, 2014.

1. sanjaya

sanjaya Affiliate affiliate

:D Hi Guys!

I couldn't find any guide/case study on entire world on how to monetize Lead Generation Affiliate in Education Niche.
    So, I start this thread and I hope experienced marketer here willing to help me.

Here is the detail :

Traffic = Facebook Ads

- female, 18-24 yrs old
    - live in Arizona; California; Florida; Georgia; Michigan; Missouri; Nevada; New Jersey; Pennsylvania; Texas
    - Interest : certified nurse aide, helping people, etc (ANY SUGGESTION?)
    - Placements on Right column on desktop computers
    - Language : English
    - Max Bid : $1,3

ad copy and image :
    ad-copy-image.jpg

Offer : I work with online marketing company, they gave me search widget. I'll get commission when visitors use the search and fill the form.
    Niche : Education, nursing, promoting schools which offer nurse assistant program. So it means I'm targeting anyone who want to become a CNA and looking for nurse assistant program nearby.
    Payout : $10/lead
    Conversion : 0
    Spent : $3.94
    Revenue : 0
    Potential Audience for this ad: 1,020,000 people

Landing Page :
    LP.jpg

$100/day : is it possible? Yes! I made $2000 with free traffic (SEO) but it was a long time ago. My site kicked by Google, so I try different approach.

Conclusion so far :
    IT's kinda hard to get Targeted Traffic from FB. How can I target people who are really looking for a CNA class?
    Please I need advice, suggestion, help top help me getting more conversion

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. crysper

crysper Moderator moderator Service Manager affiliate

Hey,

Firstly, congrats for taking action and starting this follow along, you started with the right foot.

Ok, I suggest to take a look at these tips http://www.affiliatefix.com/f37/15-tips-you-need-know-about-facebook-ads-ppc-5207/

What's your CTR si far? Basically, you need to start testing different ads, the image gets the attention for the click and the ad text influences conversion rate. So you need to play with those. Your image is very boring, i'm sure you can find much better images, try with those that are surprising, like they make you look twice when you first see them.

I don't really know the nursing field, but I'm sure you can find some good angles to use.

1 person likes this.
  3. sanjaya

Thx Crysper!
    I'm looking for more images to test.
    But, What is the best practice to find winning image???

Update :
    - CTR : 0.217% ===> is this good enough?
    - Spent : $3.94
    - Clicks : 5
    - Conversion : 0
    - Revenue : 0

I'm really curious why there is still no conversion, I thought everything is clear in my ad copy. Why users still leaving my site without taking action.

Here is my landing page SS : (comment please...)
    LP.jpg

4. crysper

You have only 5 clicks so you can't expect a conversion yet. Wait for 20-50 at least.

Regarding your ad, you still have a very low number of impressions, so the CTR is not yet statistically significant(it won't remain the same). Start testing 5 images and 2 ad texts. You'll probably need to test at least 20 to find something good at the beginning.

5. sanjaya

UPDATE!!

I'm testing 10 different images for my campaign. With same image I also split tested each them to 3 different age group. 18-24 ; 25-35 & 36-51
    Total I have 30 different ads.

I'll let my campaign run for 2-3 days to see which ad bring the best CTR
    Let's see what happen.

Yeah!!!

6. servandosilva

servandosilva Moderator moderator affiliate

How much does the offer pays? That way you can know how much to spend before changing to another offer.
    For example, if the offer pays $1 per lead, I'd spend at least $5-8 before changing my angle or my audience.

Also, are you bidding on oCPM basis?

Finally, i'd give newsfeed ads a go. There's more volume there and RHS ads are more expensive now because Facebook recently changed the image's size.

7. sanjaya

The offer pays $10/lead
    I'm bidding on CPC basis
    For newsfeeds, what is the best size image?

I've sent my URL to both of you, please make a review. Still no conversion since I tried to bring visitors with paid traffic, I'm curious about that.

THX

8. servandosilva

If the offer pays $10, which is a lot, I'd spend at least $20-50 before canceling it.
    Also, use oCPM instead to get a good amount of impressions and see if it converts.

For newsfeed use 1200x627 px.
    The URL is fine, but you need to spend more to gather some data. Get at least 100 clicks before you decide if the offer converts or not. 5 clicks is nothing.

Also, are you building a retargeting list from the people who are visiting your page but not converting?

VDLS likes this.
  9. sanjaya

Wow, good advice, THX!

I'm not building a retargeting list, I don't know if it's possible in Facebook advertising.
    When should I build retargeting list? After I gather some data or when I have a winning campaign?

10. servandosilva

FB allows retargeting for free.
    I always build a list if possible, but you need to send at least 20-30 visits before it starts appearing as available, I think.

11. sanjaya

UPDATE :

I just deleted my campaign, very few clicks and no conversion so far. Something must be change.
    I'll follow servandosilva recommendation. I'll create Newsfeed ad campaign with better split testing.

Yeeeehaaaaa.....

12. servandosilva

With newsfeed, try to get 2% CTR minimum and see how it goes. Split test 6 images and see which one has the best CTR.

13. sanjaya

UPDATE!

Spent : $238 *cough* .... epic loss? *cough*
    Revenue : $15

A lot of lessons learned,
    I was confuse ...why the ROI is still negative (huge loss!), a lot of clicks but very few leads.

I decided to test my own search widget,
    Then,...Aha!
    I knew why I've got a few leads. The specific nursing education that I was targeting not available in all states. Unfortunately, it only available in a few cities.

Damnnn, I was so frustrated. Why I didn't aware of this kind of situation in the beginning....
    Keep thinking positive....at least I'd gather some valuable data for my next campaign.

From the past campaigns, I know which image got the best ctr, retargeting list and etc ...

I will go for another RHS ads just to test my is my offer converting well or not.
    This time I targeted specific cities and use the highest CTR image, for bidding I choose oCPM ==> a lot of cheaper than oCPC, thanks to mr. servandosilva

I also build another site with similiar edu offer (but different leadgen company)
    I'll go for newsfeed ads to promote this offer, and use different angle to achieve more leads.

I"M FREAKINNN ADDICTED TO PAID TRAFFIC.....!!!

Let's see how it goes in my next update .......

Oh btw I have some questions,
    Is there a day parting feature in Facebook ads? do I have to manually activate and deactivate my campaign?
    Is there a way to track clicks, conversion and visitors from FB ad?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  14. servandosilva

That's how it works! Keep thinking you're gathering data, and not losing money :)

You know what to do, so test test test.

1. There's no day parting on FB, but they'll spend your money evenly trough the day, so it's not 100% necessary.

2. Use a tracker: http://www.affiliatefix.com/f37/voluum-ultimate-guide-9411/

15. sanjaya

UPDATE !

Here is the stats after another RHS ad campaign test. I ran the campaign around 10 days.

Stats :
    Spent : $29
    Leads : 3
    Revenue : $30

Still No big ROI though ! But, I'm glad that now I know that my offer is converting.
    A couple days ago I had a little conversation via email with my affiliate manager. She answered all my questions, and I will use the given information to make a better campaign/
    I'm sure that next campaign will be more profitable.

Anyway, William's webinar few days ago really inspired me a lot.

Till now, I'm really satisfied joining the DOJO.

Wuhhuuuuu....
    Let's see how it goes in my next update .......

4 people like this.
  16. crysper

Hey, any updates on this?

17. sanjaya

I was busy with my offline work recently,
    Don't worry, I'll keep updating this thread

1 person likes this.
  18. sanjaya

UPDATE :

I'm a little bit unlucky last week.

I was continuing sending traffic to my LP. I had create great images and set anything based on the data that I had gather from older campaigns. I'm also did set for retargeting later.

It went good, I spent around $45 and get some clicks.
    I checked my publisher dashboard to see am I generate leads or not. It shows nothing, No leads! No clicks!

I was curious, I thought at least I should got some clicks. Then I visited my LP to see if everything going well and BAMMMMM !! I shocked! the lead form crashed! The button gone and the layout was fuc*&(* . Something wrong with the plugin.

I contacted the team from the company I worked with. They said they are working to fix the issue.
    Till now, I'm still haven't receive any notification from them. I stopped this campaign for now.

Yeah, it was also my fault not checking the LP before continuing my campaign. Duh!

I felt a little bit frustrated now, It's so hard to achieve a winning campaign actually. There is always something blocking my way.

But, I won't stop and being a loser, I know I must continue to achieve my goals.

WOOOOAAAAAAAAAaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never Give Up! Never Give Up!

Let's see what happen in my next update.

Featured Resources (View All)

adsxposed