The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

[Journey] Starting out as a mobile affiliate

michael87

affiliate
Hi guys, I am Michael and I will be embarking on my mobile affiliate journey. I do not have a high budget ($100~$200 monthly) but I will learn as much as possible given what I have.

I am creating this thread to motivate myself to keep myself on the right track with advice from fellow AffiliateFix members.

Traffic Source:
Decisive

Networks:
Neverblue, FurtherMobi

I have started my first campaign in Decisive targeting CPI based on my AM recommendation. I am targeting by carrier at the moment and bidding at minimum. Will raise my bids if i do not see traffic.

Lets see how it goes :)

Wish me all the best!

Last edited:
Thanks xindex.

lgregory, thanks for the advice, I will be following a 1 campaign 1 network 1 traffic source rule for now. As i slowly learn the ropes i will then be able to do more

After increasing my bids by 0.01, i started to see some traffic trickling in and I have got my FIRST ever conversion albeit it is a 0.22 cents revenue it is a start :)

Today ad spend $0.01
Revenue: $0.22

I will be upping my bids on my other campaigns. will do it slow as i do not have a big budget.

Hi cashmoneyaffiliate, right now i am bidding at a minimum where traffic is coming in...i will be upping my bids to get more data to see if this offer is viable to proceed. Also, i am targeting specific carriers..

just some updates, the offer didnt convert after the last 2 conversions. i tried to do a few banners to reduce banner blindness but to no avail. As of now Banner CTR is about 1.5% which i think is still pretty decent. I will still keep the offer running for a few more days and see how it goes.

I think some reasons for no conversions could be due to the offer is already quite popular and heavily promoted by some other affiliates and i was a bit late getting this offer going.

I have started another campaign (CPI) but this time I am just targetting the country itself and specifically chose no WiFi traffic and only site banners instead of app banners. Because i read somewhere that Wifi traffic would most probable be from users using their phone at homes or just letting the kids have their hands on the phone. App banners maybe due to fat thumbs.

Stats for 2nd campaign:
CTR - 0.24% (pretty low) but because i have not cut any targets. Once i cut the targets, i believe the CTR should go up.
zero conversions as of now. I am currently getting about 32% of the traffic so will increase my bids again to get more data.

Recommendations or advice anyone?

quick question, i notice that the traffic i am getting gets quite a number of redirects. I am losing about 50% of my clicks to a international redirect. I am using decisive and CPVLab to track.

any idea how to reduce the numbe of redirects?

just some updates, the offer didnt convert after the last 2 conversions. i tried to do a few banners to reduce banner blindness but to no avail. As of now Banner CTR is about 1.5% which i think is still pretty decent. I will still keep the offer running for a few more days and see how it goes.

I think some reasons for no conversions could be due to the offer is already quite popular and heavily promoted by some other affiliates and i was a bit late getting this offer going.

I have started another campaign (CPI) but this time I am just targetting the country itself and specifically chose no WiFi traffic and only site banners instead of app banners. Because i read somewhere that Wifi traffic would most probable be from users using their phone at homes or just letting the kids have their hands on the phone. App banners maybe due to fat thumbs.

Stats for 2nd campaign:
CTR - 0.24% (pretty low) but because i have not cut any targets. Once i cut the targets, i believe the CTR should go up.
zero conversions as of now. I am currently getting about 32% of the traffic so will increase my bids again to get more data.

Recommendations or advice anyone?

Forget that wifi traffic is rubbish BS, wifi traffic converts amazingly well depending on the offer.

When testing banner campaigns i would suggest you split it up like this....

App+carrier
App+Wifi
Site+carrier
Site+Wifi

Makes the data a lot easier to analyze.

It doesn't matter if other affiliates are promoting the offer, try and brainstorm some unique angles for the offer and test them out.

banners
Back