The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

[Journey] My new start in affiliate marketing

flodd74

So, as promised in my presentation thread, here I am writing my follow-along for my affiliation marketing journey.

I have launched 3 campaigns so far but no one had a single conversion. Total spent: 80USD. :rolleyes:

I made some errors, now I know, so I would like to try again and start a new campaign, maybe trying to be more focused on the target: move the ROI from -100% to -99% at least :D

As far as I know, my main error was focusing on SOI offers running on Tier 1 country on the other side of the world. Big mistakes for a beginner like me...

Nevertheless, let see what I have so far.

Affiliation network: AffiliaXe, MaxBounty. I have launched campaigns on both the platforms; payout is the same, more or less.

Traffic sources: PopAdS, Go2Mobi. PopAds is cheaper because you can charge the amount you want on your account; Go2Mobi looks more professional, but you need to charge a minimum of 100USD and a single campaign has a minimum start of 50USD

Tracker: BeMob Basic Plan. Great tool :)

Cloud server: DigitalOcean, managed by a ServerPilot free account. I use DigitalOcean to host my landing pages. Though I can manage the server by myself, I utilize ServerPilot to manage it, because it is very fast and reliable. I have got a domain on NameCheap too, for cloaking purposes.

My first step will be to find a good offer to run. I have some money left on my go2mobi account, so it could be a good choice to select a mobile offer, although I'm not scared to put some money on my PopAds account :p

I'm open to suggestions: which geo? Which vertical? o_O

As far as I know, my main error was focusing on SOI offers running on Tier 1 country on the other side of the world. Big mistakes for a beginner like me...

Honestly I don't see anything wrong with this. You've just got to connect your 'angle' from the traffic source to the offer. No matter the GEO, you'll convert.

*You might wanna check out PeerFly in my sig, they're a pretty good network too. :):):)

Honestly I don't see anything wrong with this. You've just got to connect your 'angle' from the traffic source to the offer. No matter the GEO, you'll convert.

*You might wanna check out PeerFly in my sig, they're a pretty good network too. :):):)

Wrong is the fact that you will need to spend big money to test a campaign on Tier 1 Countries and, living on a +1 timezone it is very hard to follow a campaign running on a +12 timezone :D

Wrong is the fact that you will need to spend big money to test a campaign on Tier 1 Countries and, living on a +1 timezone it is very hard to follow a campaign running on a +12 timezone :D

Timezones don't matter in my opinion, and with the big money, it's pretty much the same. T2 and T3 countries have lower payouts so in a way you're just playing with the same numbers.

Today I have been approved by Mpire Network, so I have decided to wet my feet with this network and check how my AM is "responsive" to dumb questions. :D

I have found an offer I want to push. This offer (of which I won't reveal the name :p) is available in several Latin American countries. Now I have two options: launch this offer in all these countries and see which one converts better or launch the offer in one country at a time.

Because I am in short of time, I have decided to direct link the offer and, if I get a ROI of -70% or better, then I'll optimise it by creating LP and so on.

Is it a good strategy? o_O

Hello flodd74!

Targeting tier1 geos is not a good idea when starting out, the problem is the massive competition and experienced marketers who are working in these GEOs for years already.

Latin america, Asia, Africa and Arabic countries offer a lot of oportunity now. Do not let the low payouts turn you away! Low payouts mean simple flow, which means the offers will be easier to convert. Traffic in these GEOs is also cheaper! On top of that, these GEOs are usually huge, so you can buy a ton of traffic there.

The easiest to run are PIN submit offers and sweeps, any network has them. Mpire has these too.

I understand your concern about the timezone difference, but that's something you need to learn to live with. Utilize daily capping or day parting to be covered during the times you sleep. But, some level of traffic is flowing 24/7 in any GEO, so if its more comfortable for you, run just during the hours you can also watch your campaigns.

You can work around the daily cap on go2mobi, simply limit your targeting and bid low - if you stay tight enough, they wont spend the budget.

Do not launch offers in multiple countries at the same time. Better strategy is to split test multiple offers in the same GEO. This way you can use the same creatives and LPs.

Good luck!

Because I am in short of time, I have decided to direct link the offer and, if I get a ROI of -70% or better, then I'll optimise it by creating LP and so on.

Is it a good strategy? o_O
That's not a good idea. Every offer doesn't convert well with direct linking. You are just playing a blind game. It's better you go ahead with split testing direct linking and LP.

That's not a good idea. Every offer doesn't convert well with direct linking. You are just playing a blind game. It's better you go ahead with split testing direct linking and
LP.

Thanks for your advice ;)

I'm waiting for a clarification I have asked to my AM about the offer, but he's at AWA this week, then I don't know if I should start running the campaign or wait for his answer o_O

Thanks for your advice ;)

I'm waiting for a clarification I have asked to my AM about the offer, but he's at AWA this week, then I don't know if I should start running the campaign or wait for his answer o_O
in case of doubt, please get it clarified by your AM before running it. So wait for a couple of days.

Reading your journey with interest, @flodd74 .

Be careful on those SOI tier 1 offers if you're marketing to Canada. SOI is illegal here for any email coming to or from a computer in Canada.

ServerPilot

I've never heard of this company but I'm going to have a look if they manage VPS, especially for free, thanks for mentioning them.

Have you decided to split-test DL vs LP? It's a good idea. DL can really lower conversions sometimes. The only to know for sure is to test.

Reading your journey with interest, @flodd74 .

Be careful on those SOI tier 1 offers if you're marketing to Canada. SOI is illegal here for any email coming to or from a computer in Canada.

I've never heard of this company but I'm going to have a look if they manage VPS, especially for free, thanks for mentioning them.

Have you decided to split-test DL vs LP? It's a good idea. DL can really lower conversions sometimes. The only to know for sure is to test.

Yes, I know. However, this offer runs on Tier 3 countries. My AM too has suggested to make some landings and do a split test, so I think I'll do so. Thanks for your advices :)

SOI is just a conversion flow or conversion point, there is nothing legal/illegal about it.

All it means is that they will pay you for the lead right after the user enters their email into a box. They will send them a confirmation email anyways, but your payout doesn't depend on this.

What the advertiser does with the emails later on, is not of your concern anyways. Those who operate in GEOs with strict anti-spam policies, should definitely only start to email the leads after they become full DOI subscribers obviously, but again, it's their concerns, not the affiliate's.

MI
Back