The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Joomla Skin designer out there?

Yes, it seems to be very hard to find some skin designer for Joomla. If you do find one temi, please let me know as I am also interested in getting a custom one made for one of my projects.

- Meti

I have created two or 3 templates for Joomla, actually even my site is powered by Joomla and the template is created by me. But I do have other templates and now I am creating another one, custom, after a design request from a client. :)

Joomla templates are easy to create, easier than WP templates.

I have created two or 3 templates for Joomla, actually even my site is powered by Joomla and the template is created by me. But I do have other templates and now I am creating another one, custom, after a design request from a client. :)

Joomla templates are easy to create, easier than WP templates.

Do you also code these templates darkstar_tfd? How is the coding part, seems the coding part of Joomla is abit more complicated than other CMS's as Wordpress?

Although I have to admit the Joomla templates are very flexible :)

Well yes, I code mostly.

I am not that good at just designing the concept, or maybe I just think I am not good if I compare my work with those of my colleagues. I have many colleagues that are designers, DTPs and experienced printing workers, and their designs are excellent. That is why I like to watch them and learn and when I have problems I ask them for some help in designing the concept.

But for the code, I write everything by my self and it is not hard at all. I can write a JOS template to be fully functional in 2 days, if I really work for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see,

I wouldn't rate your work bad, I like it simple and fresh. I find designing the hardest part, mainly because I have no experience and find it really hard because I have a really rough time getting to learn Photoshop, I am still trying to learn the basics though.

- Meti

Uhmmm, it is not about learning Photoshop. I can make you some really really nice images with photoshop, for example see this gallery, all images created with photoshop, by me. It is more about knowing how to add a certain font for a certain color scheme, or how to combine elements for a flier. If you know this kind of details, web design will look really really easy.

The coding part is easy, as I told you, in matter of days you can have a template done.

That looks beautiful! I really like your gallery darkstar_tfd, very impressive. Thanks for your tips :)

I'm tempted to install joomla and have a go! lol how hard can it be!?

banners
Back