The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Jay Wessman shows you how Screw95 gets viral and free traffic to my new forum!

Does this pace seem about right?

Yeah ratios look about right.

Should I be uploading some viral images etc each day now?

Yeah might as well start posting a new image every time that you log in to grow them.

With Tumblr though I'd schedule out multiple posts a day using their schedule feature. Maybe just schedule out one or two a day at the moment but once you get up to 1,000+ followers (which should happen by the time you've followed 5,000 people) I'd start to schedule out 3-5 images a day. Or even more.

IF yes please share the best method to get the most eyes on each post on each network

The best way is to post out content that is already PROVEN to be viral and Reddit.com is perfect for this.

So say you want to post out some car pics. Head over to the cars sub-reddit here and then look for images that have gotten a lot of upvotes.

There are sub-reddits for babes, technology and other manly related stuff too so you can find viral images on any topic on Reddit.

If you want to find REALLY popular images when in a particular sub-reddit then go to:

http://www.reddit.com/r/SUBREDDIT-NAME-HERE/top/?sort=top&t=all

And you'll find the most popular images of all time. So for the cars sub-reddit you'd head to:

top scoring links : cars

Or another cool trick is to use Imgur where most files are hosted to find the most popular images from any sub-reddit. Imgur has sections for each sub-reddit where you can organize by the most popular too.

Just head to:

http://imgur.com/r/SUBREDDIT-NAME-HERE/top/all

So for the cars niche again you'd go to:

r/cars on Imgur

Do you automate any of this or outsource it?

I have in the past with uBot but most of the bots are pretty out of date now and usually I just just do it by hand.

I'd recommend doing this type of stuff towards the end of the day when you're too tired to do other stuff. It's the kind of stuff you can do on autopilot while you watch a movie or something.

Also remember that after they're all nice and grown you can stop doing this and just let them grow naturally. Twitter I'd probably stop now to be safe. Pinterest and Tumblr can be made a lot bigger. So can Google+ (though it sucks they have put this new restriction on it but still it's SO good for SEO I'd keep following 50 people/day anyway).

Is there anyway to expedite this?

You could outsource it. I just can never be assed to deal with outsourcing most of the time but I'm sure if you took the time to write up good instructions and found a really cheap worker on one of those outsourcing sites you could get this all done for pennies.

Last edited:
All follow done today - had the weekend off.

Used imgur method to find viral images.

One questions Jay, could you breakdown each social network maybe in a new guide in the dojo on how is best to post per network.

So what images, time, tags, hashtags etc

please.

Thanks.

Update 12/02/2014

Facbeook
https://www.facebook.com/Manlystuffforum
Screen Shot 2014-02-12 at 10.17.04.png
+1

Twitter
https://twitter.com/manlystuffforum
Screen Shot 2014-02-12 at 10.28.25.png
+95

Pinterest
Manly Stuff (manlystuffforum) on Pinterest
Screen Shot 2014-02-12 at 10.21.02.png
+75

Fancy
Fancy - manlystuffforum
Screen Shot 2014-02-12 at 10.39.22 1.png
+19

tumblr
ManlyStuff.com
Screen Shot 2014-02-12 at 10.47.06.png
+83

More good results but still quite slow.

- Going to schedule tumblr and FPTraffic posts today and see if it helps.

Would love to see a guide from Jay inside The Dojo on how and when to post on each network to get best results.

Thanks.

I'll definitely get a guide up when I get a chance about some of those other things. I also intend to write a guide soon about how to create viral content that you can then share out from these accounts (or any accounts).

As for when to post stuff though to be honest I'm not micro managing to that level at the moment where I'm posting out at exactly the times when my followers are online on each account the most. For now as long as you are posting out viral content just whenever you can (whether that's a couple times a week or multiple times a day) then you are moving in the right direction.

And yeah growth can be slow-ish but you can't really expect thousands of followers overnight. Remember these are all real and niche related followers and not just those shitty fakes that can be bought off fiverr.

All updates done - will show stats after the weekend.

Jay, it's saying I can't add anymore people on Twitter - 2000 (any fix?)

Nice gains this weekend - working on some constant content.

I'm guessing with the Twitter 2k limit I just unfollow some and follow more right?

Looks like it's building nicely, K!

Have you started to see a surge in site traffic yet?

Follows done for today - will update number tomorrow.

I've yet to promote the site - I want to build up some bigger profiles first, then worry about the site.

It will take a few more months.

Follows done for today - will update number tomorrow.

I've yet to promote the site - I want to build up some bigger profiles first, then worry about the site.

It will take a few more months.

Slow and steady wins the race. And trust and visitor retention. :) I wasn't sure if you had a link back to Manly from your profiles. Maybe I missed that in the previous posts.

This is a great thread! Keep the updates coming Interested to see the traffic results once you start promoting the site.

Some good gains over the weekend.

A few questions for Jay.

1. Do you use iMacros for any of this?
2. Is there a decent tool to safely unfollow people on twitter?

Nah I do it manually but you can automate with. I probably SHOULD automate it but I'm just too lazy to actually make all the scripts and them keep them up to date as sites make slight changes haha.

In my experience Twitter is the one site where if you start unfollowing people they start unfollowing you so I don't unfollow people. I just grow it to a few hundred followers and then grow it organically by sharing out viral stuff.

Some good gains over the weekend.

A few questions for Jay.

Hey K,

I'm in the process of growing some big Twitter accounts (already have a few with thousands of followers), so i'll add my 2 cents:

- Don't be afraid to unfollow some people! From my experience, most of followers do not unfollow you when you stop following them. I believe the main reason is most people on Twitter check only once or twice a year who's not following them back. And by the time they will check their followers' list, you'll have already thousands of followers (so you'll look like an authority account) and they'll end up thinking they were the ones who followed you in the first place and won't mind the absence of follow back. ;)

- You could also use the Twitter API to automate the whole process. That's what I'm currently doing with my Twitter accounts. I have coded my own application which takes care of everything, from posting tweets to follow/unfollow people, retweeting, etc. It's all set and forget. Just be careful about not abusing the API , especially if your account is new (or it will get suspended).

Hope this helps and may this journey be a successful one!

Last edited:
Starting to see some really good gains.

I've realised that each of the above have really good iPhone/phone apps that are ALOT easier to follow people on.

So a tip if you're following this is to download the social media apps and follow on them, it's a huge time saver.

I now do it last thing at night like Jay says when tired.

Trying to post constant images etc also.

G+ has surprised me!

Another month or so at this then I start reviving ManlyStuff.com and adding content to the pages!

Starting to see some really good gains.

I've realised that each of the above have really good iPhone/phone apps that are ALOT easier to follow people on.

So a tip if you're following this is to download the social media apps and follow on them, it's a huge time saver.

:) First I'd have to get an iPhone.

After my initial read of this thread, I increased the number of people I was following and it really does help gain followers! It worked even better than I thought it would. I assumed since my account wasn't very old that people would shy away but they haven't.

MI
Back